Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,130 Members 52,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][SGH-I777][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Tip us?

tmckenn2
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeracer4487 View Post
So, I'm having trouble flashing CWM on this phone. This is my brother's phone as I myself have a GT-I9100 that already has CM9, but I can't seem to get this phone working with the computer in download mode. "Samsung Composite" or "Gadget Serial" never shows up in zadig and I can find no indication that the phone's connected to the computer while it's in download mode. Any advice?
make sure you have the proper drivers installed. they are probably different. the best way to go about it is to put it in DL mode and connect it. if nothing pops up go to device manager and figure out which device it is. then delete the device. install pdanet (can uninstall after but does a good job with drivers) then connect phone and it should show installing device drivers... as to the program you are using i have never heard of it and dont know if it is compatible with i777

Quote:
Originally Posted by switters1 View Post
I have a practical question:

4/13 was great for me-- fantastic battery life,etc. The only problem was GPS was fubar

4/17 fixed GPS, but battery and compass now are not so great.

I would love to roll back to 4/13 but is there any way to make the GPS changes myself separately without flashing a new nightly?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
probably. but it would take forever. if you'd like you can look at gerrit for a code review and also the source tree. you wont be able to get the kernel stuff without taking the kernel from the other rom (should handle wifi but then again...) the other changes are probably system files and can be done with a text editor. but any driver changes will be lost. to be honest it is way more trouble than its worth.

aj9507
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeracer4487 View Post
So, I'm having trouble flashing CWM on this phone. This is my brother's phone as I myself have a GT-I9100 that already has CM9, but I can't seem to get this phone working with the computer in download mode. "Samsung Composite" or "Gadget Serial" never shows up in zadig and I can find no indication that the phone's connected to the computer while it's in download mode. Any advice?
Have you downloaded and installed samsung kies?? it installs the device drivers for it then it should be recognized by the pc correctly... had to do this for mine in the beginning hope this helps

AT&T SGH-I777
Nightlies

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5821

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by switters1 View Post
I have a practical question:

4/13 was great for me-- fantastic battery life,etc. The only problem was GPS was fubar

4/17 fixed GPS, but battery and compass now are not so great.

I would love to roll back to 4/13 but is there any way to make the GPS changes myself separately without flashing a new nightly?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
You can, but you'd have to build it from source, and you'd have to have some fairly solid knowledge of how git works, after a bunch of searching, i managed to build CM9 for I9100 without the sdcard changes, you basically have to revert the changes back to the one that causes you a problem, then pull the ones you want back after. If you want to do it, look up how to build from source on the cyanogen wiki, then learn how to revert/cherry pick git changes.

XDA New User Guide <--> XDA Forum Rules <--> Need a Moderators Help?
Problems with a CM nightly? PSA - Nightlies <--> Request from DvTonder <--> How to get Logs
Current Project: m_plus kernel for mako: [4.2.2] [4.3 (JS)] [4.4]

The Following User Says Thank You to thracemerin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lekerstein
Old
(Last edited by Lekerstein; 21st April 2012 at 11:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 75
For those who have the car dock or custom-made car dock cable, you may have noticed the the Samsung Vlingo app that comes on the stock ROM isn't included in a lot of ROMs (including CM9). I find that the Samsung one is actually more useful to me as it accepts commands over my in-car bluetooth or bluetooth headset. The actual Vlingo app does not work with bluetooth headsets. I've attached here the official Samsung Vlingo voice command app (used to be voicetogo.apk back on GB). I wish someone had posted this for me when I was looking for it, so here's to the next guy. This APK was pulled from Tasks's official AT&T ICS leak. Just push it to system/app and reboot and you should be good to go!

P.S. It's a .zip file in order to conform to the forum's upload limitations. Just extract it from the zip (don't flash it with CWM).
Attached Files
File Type: zip vlingo.zip - [Click for QR Code] (7.98 MB, 22 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lekerstein For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mgd76
Old
(Last edited by mgd76; 21st April 2012 at 11:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by thracemerin View Post
If you wiped or you hadn't ticked the Internal Storage option, the first change probably ticked it for you, just untick it and reboot, problem solved.
Am I the only one without that menu option? Under settings -> storage, I don't see Storage Configuration. Just 3 bar graphs, (internal, internal and SD card) erase SD, and mount/unmount SD.

Edit: running 4/21 nightly, and I'm positive my menu was the same on 4/20...
Sent from my Galaxy S II running CM9

AJehle
Old
Thanks Meter 2
You have to hit the menu button, go to advanced, then you can choose. I believe it works afters restart

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

mgd76
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Settings -> advanced shows a radio menu with 3 choices: UMTS only, HSDPA only, and HSDPA + HSUPA. None are checked, and it looks like if I check one, I won't be able to get back to none checked... Which is right?

AJehle
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Go to settings -> Storage, then hit the menu button to get to the advanced settings where the storage options are located.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to AJehle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mgd76
Old
(Last edited by mgd76; 22nd April 2012 at 12:16 AM.) Reason: unticked
Thanks Meter 29
Got it, internal un-ticked...

ninjamonke
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is what my phone has atm so can I install this mod? Will it upgrade my phone to Android 4.0+?

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, ice cream sandwich, ics, teamhacksung