Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

[Q] Is the HTC Inpire still good?

OP anntoria

21st April 2012, 10:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
With all the newer phones for HTC coming out, is the HTC Inspire still a good a buy?
21st April 2012, 11:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Croydon, PA
Thanks Meter: 371

8,303 posts
More
I just purchased a thunderbolt. They're basicly the same device. Yes, its still a great buy. Throw cm7 or ics sense on it and call it a day.

Sent from my ADR6400L
22nd April 2012, 12:19 AM   |  #3  
Flag Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 431

2,001 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anntoria

With all the newer phones for HTC coming out, is the HTC Inspire still a good a buy?

Give us more info. Do you have an upgrade coming up or something? It's still a good phone that runs android relatively smooth. But there are many better offerings.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 02:39 AM   |  #4  
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,040

22,287 posts
Donate to Me
Exclamation .
Thread moved to Q&A due to it being a question. Would advise you to read forum rules and post in correct section.

Failure to comply with forum rules will result in an infraction and/or ban depending on severity of rule break.
22nd April 2012, 01:07 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 14

84 posts
More
Sure it's a real solid phone, but if you're upgrading from the carrier and getting their discount I'd go for newer technology personally. I won't be replacing my inspire till it dies or I find a ROM that needs a faster processor, but I don't think i'd actually buy one new.
25th April 2012, 12:46 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 206

428 posts
Honest opinion, as much as I'd like to get a new phone (one x), my inspire suplies me with everything I expect from a smartphone, but if I were to upgrade from, say a OG Droid or something from those parameters, I'd get a newer phone.
25th April 2012, 02:37 AM   |  #7  
Flag Chicago area
Thanks Meter: 112

341 posts
More
I've had my Inspire since Feb 2011 and I still love it. Since you can probably get one for next to nothing now, it's a great buy. But I agree that if I was going to upgrade right now I'd get one of the newer devices to maximize my discount.
28th April 2012, 03:24 AM   |  #8  
Flag Reno,NV
Thanks Meter: 39

168 posts
More
Thumbs up Inspire 4G
I have had my inspire since June of last year. It was my first Android phone coming from an iPhone and I love it. It does everything I ask of it and is very hackable. I have lost track long ago of the number of different Roms I have try ed on it and it seems to keep getting better. And since I will not be able to get an upgrade from AT&T till January I'll just keep trucking with it and enjoying it.
29th April 2012, 10:46 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
I traded my Titan 2 for an Inspire (+ cash) and I'm so happy. The phone is EXCELLENT! To me, the default GB ROM with Sense was super ugly and reminded me of my old HD2 when it was running on Windows 6.5. So within an hour of having the phone, I rooted it and put ICS on it and I can proudly say, the Inspire is here to stay .
1st May 2012, 11:48 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 23

610 posts
I sold my new galaxy note for 500$ and bought an inspire for 160$.... I'm happy with the decision

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread