Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 51,663 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is the HTC Inpire still good?

Tip us?

anntoria
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is the HTC Inpire still good?

With all the newer phones for HTC coming out, is the HTC Inspire still a good a buy?

watt9493
Old
Thanks Meter 371
I just purchased a thunderbolt. They're basicly the same device. Yes, its still a great buy. Throw cm7 or ics sense on it and call it a day.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Galaxy s4
Inc

slapshot30
Old
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by anntoria View Post
With all the newer phones for HTC coming out, is the HTC Inspire still a good a buy?
Give us more info. Do you have an upgrade coming up or something? It's still a good phone that runs android relatively smooth. But there are many better offerings.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium
HTC VIVID SUPERGUIDE

BOOTLOADER UNLOCK, PERM ROOT, CWM, FLASHING ROMS/KERNELS, APN SETTINGS, REVERT TO STOCK

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3029
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation .

Thread moved to Q&A due to it being a question. Would advise you to read forum rules and post in correct section.

Failure to comply with forum rules will result in an infraction and/or ban depending on severity of rule break.
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

graewulf1
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Sure it's a real solid phone, but if you're upgrading from the carrier and getting their discount I'd go for newer technology personally. I won't be replacing my inspire till it dies or I find a ROM that needs a faster processor, but I don't think i'd actually buy one new.

mateusm
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Honest opinion, as much as I'd like to get a new phone (one x), my inspire suplies me with everything I expect from a smartphone, but if I were to upgrade from, say a OG Droid or something from those parameters, I'd get a newer phone.
the purpose of art is to stand naked on stage

pazzo02
Old
Thanks Meter 112
I've had my Inspire since Feb 2011 and I still love it. Since you can probably get one for next to nothing now, it's a great buy. But I agree that if I was going to upgrade right now I'd get one of the newer devices to maximize my discount.
If at first you don't succeed...SEARCH!

HTC Inspire 4G - retired
HTC One X+ - awesome

rdw55a
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Thumbs up Inspire 4G

I have had my inspire since June of last year. It was my first Android phone coming from an iPhone and I love it. It does everything I ask of it and is very hackable. I have lost track long ago of the number of different Roms I have try ed on it and it seems to keep getting better. And since I will not be able to get an upgrade from AT&T till January I'll just keep trucking with it and enjoying it.
HTC ONE M8, Unlocked, Rooted, S Off, Super CID
HTC ONE Unlocked, S-Off and Rooted, Super CID. (Back Up)
Nexus 7 2013 Wi-Fi. Unlocked, Rooted.
Nexus 7 2012 Wi-Fi/3G Unlocked, Rooted. (Back Up)

StockDC2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I traded my Titan 2 for an Inspire (+ cash) and I'm so happy. The phone is EXCELLENT! To me, the default GB ROM with Sense was super ugly and reminded me of my old HD2 when it was running on Windows 6.5. So within an hour of having the phone, I rooted it and put ICS on it and I can proudly say, the Inspire is here to stay .

yokozuna82
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I sold my new galaxy note for 500$ and bought an inspire for 160$.... I'm happy with the decision

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA