Broken glass

Search This thread

blkrabb1t

Jul 3, 2010
I broke the glass of my phone while in palm springs ( the screen and digitizer still works...). I want to get the cheapest replacement, but preferably without the huge-ass Verizon logo on the bezel. Can I use the xt910 screen on the xt912 RAZR?

Oh and the bezel needs to be white...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

kadajawi

Nov 3, 2009
From what I've read you will need a new glass, digitizer and screen, which will be very expensive. You can't get these parts seperately.

Did you use anything to protect your phone? How did it happen?

I kind of hate it that all good phones use Gorilla Glass nowadays. My HTC Magic used plastic that wouldn't get scratched and wouldn't break. And I have dropped it. Often. On any sort of material, including down the stairs or onto asphalt. Without any protection.

blkrabb1t

Jul 3, 2010
It landed face down when I moved my towel, and I forgot that my phone was in the towel...yeah, I know bathroom texting is bad...

rigbyrobot

Jul 31, 2010
Mob-Town
Google Pixel 6 Pro
My first razr fell off my bed to the floor (3'-4'), and the glass cracked across the screen. It fell on its side, so I'm guessing being so thin and rigid creates a vulnerability on the edges. I was with in my 30 days and replaced it with the maxx, feels much sturdier, plus i ordered a soft case from new egg to give it some padding for the next fall.
They hyped up the durability of the phone so much, I'd think if you call for a warranty replacement with a little social hacking they may replace it for you. It'd be worth a try.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

lashton

Dec 26, 2010
horizontal drops (on the edges) will crack the LCD, even face down drops are slightly horizintal. this force cracks the LCD, I drops my Xoom, from my bed to the floor and its still fine!

blkrabb1t

Jul 3, 2010
So can anyone point me to where I can get a replacement screen? The glass is broken to the point that it might break off and stab my finger. Ideally without the ugly ass Verizon logo on the bezel.

And on top of that, I'm kinda tempted to see if Verizon will roll out the Galaxy S or the DROID 'fighter' anytime soon. I might just get one of those devices instead of fixing my screen.