Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more
Post Reply

[Q] Is there a RUU for HBOOT 1.27.1100

OP james0912

21st April 2012, 08:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Hello,
my HTC SENSATION has the HBOOT Version 1.27.1100 and I want to download a RUU to restore my HTC device completely. But I canīt find a RUU with this HBOOT version.
I only have to download the right RUU and install it on my HTC device to restore it completely, right?
21st April 2012, 09:45 PM   |  #2  
malybru's Avatar
Forum Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 11,231
 
14,662 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0912

Hello,
my HTC SENSATION has the HBOOT Version 1.27.1100 and I want to download a RUU to restore my HTC device completely. But I canīt find a RUU with this HBOOT version.
I only have to download the right RUU and install it on my HTC device to restore it completely, right?

Hi,

Download hboot 1.17 HERE
Then you can use an RUU for that firmware.

21st April 2012, 10:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Unhappy
which ruu can i use now???
i only want to restore my htc sensation completely!
21st April 2012, 10:49 PM   |  #4  
malybru's Avatar
Forum Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 11,231
 
14,662 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0912

which ruu can i use now???
i only want to restore my htc sensation completely!

Hi,

You need an RUU that matches your area and carrier.
Look HERE

21st April 2012, 11:06 PM   |  #5  
T-Macgnolia's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Shannon, Ms.
Thanks Meter: 1,887
 
3,707 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by malybru

Hi,

Download hboot 1.17 HERE
Then you can use an RUU for that firmware.

Hey malybru can you flash this file with the stock recovery? Also this only changes the Hboot version correct?
21st April 2012, 11:13 PM   |  #6  
malybru's Avatar
Forum Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 11,231
 
14,662 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Macgnolia

Hey malybru can you flash this file with the stock recovery? Also this only changes the Hboot version correct?

Hi,

It's a PG58IMG.zip .
So, it's just placed on the sd card.
Recovery is not involved.
Yes,it will only change the hboot.

21st April 2012, 11:32 PM   |  #7  
T-Macgnolia's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Shannon, Ms.
Thanks Meter: 1,887
 
3,707 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by malybru

Hi,

It's a PG58IMG.zip .
So, it's just placed on the sd card.
Recovery is not involved.
Yes,it will only change the hboot.

Man I had a duh money, I realized after I posted that that that file will flash automatically when you boot to Hboot, as that is the file name that Hboot looks for. But still doesn't Hboot use the recovery to flash the file?
21st April 2012, 11:44 PM   |  #8  
malybru's Avatar
Forum Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 11,231
 
14,662 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2006
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Macgnolia

Man I had a duh money, I realized after I posted that that that file will flash automatically when you boot to Hboot, as that is the file name that Hboot looks for. But still doesn't Hboot use the recovery to flash the file?

Hi,

I knew you knew that.
I just posted for general information.
I think it flashes in bootloader,before recovery starts.

22nd April 2012, 12:38 AM   |  #9  
T-Macgnolia's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Shannon, Ms.
Thanks Meter: 1,887
 
3,707 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by malybru

Hi,

I knew you knew that.
I just posted for general information.
I think it flashes in bootloader,before recovery starts.

Ok this will be my last post here cause I don't want to hyjack this thread.

This has brought a question to mind and I will have to see if I can find the answer some how. The question is what does Hboot use to flash the PG58IMG.zip. I personally have always thought it used recovery to flash the file.
22nd April 2012, 07:42 AM   |  #10  
Keupie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Apeldoorn
Thanks Meter: 38
 
151 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Macgnolia

Ok this will be my last post here cause I don't want to hyjack this thread.

This has brought a question to mind and I will have to see if I can find the answer some how. The question is what does Hboot use to flash the PG58IMG.zip. I personally have always thought it used recovery to flash the file.

It uses the bootloader to flash the file. If you put it on your sd card and reboot into bootloader (volume down button + power button) you will be asked to update. Choose yes using the volume buttons and the file will be flashed, easy as that

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes