[ROM]Thrill Seeker 2.1 <A little MOAR V20p Ginger Goodness>

OP CallMeAria

19th April 2012, 09:59 PM   |  #161  
Flag Winter Park, FL
Thanks Meter: 221

1,156 posts
More
I just check this thread from time to time cuz my wife has the thrill on this rom. Anyway. Here is what I get with true lte on my NOTE in Orlando.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334869099318.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	1014151  
20th April 2012, 02:41 AM   |  #162  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 8

81 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodcleve

Do you have any proof that this is not an LTE phone or you are just blowing smoke? Please provide detail that we can verify ourselves. PROOF PLEASE!!!!

I'm with AT&T and yes it is a 4g phone, when compared to other current 4g phones. Originally 4g was for 100mbps and we are not even close to that so they changed the current high speed internet to "4G" (but no one realy cares about that now).
With AT&T, if you have 4G LTE in your area (very limited in US) you will get 4g speeds. The signals swithces from 4G LTE to 4G HSPA+ and down to 3G HSPA when needed with 4g LTE being the fastest. Other carriers don't have this option. The Thrill uses all three networks under AT&T.

See more detail, AT&T coverage area, and how 4g works on ATT phones below.
http://www.att.com/network/

Proof... when you unboxed your thrill and powered it on what did the signal indicator say? H+ right? Well sir there is your proof.

LTE is based off OFDM and requires different hardware so if you ever see a H+ on the signal indicator then you can be sure that you DO NOT have an LTE device.

And no this is not a 4g phone. To my knowledge there are no phones on the market today that can process 4g data. and there are definitely no networks that meet 4g speed specifications

Galaxy nexus, skyrocket, note these are all LTE devices and guess what...still not 4g.

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium
Last edited by DevanPe; 20th April 2012 at 02:56 AM.
20th April 2012, 03:18 AM   |  #163  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 125

549 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanPe

Proof... when you unboxed your thrill and powered it on what did the signal indicator say? H+ right? Well sir there is your proof.

LTE is based off OFDM and requires different hardware so if you ever see a H+ on the signal indicator then you can be sure that you DO NOT have an LTE device.

And no this is not a 4g phone. To my knowledge there are no phones on the market today that can process 4g data. and there are definitely no networks that meet 4g speed specifications

Galaxy nexus, skyrocket, note these are all LTE devices and guess what...still not 4g.

True 4G is gonna be LTE 2.0, right? And that won't be implemented for a while.
20th April 2012, 04:56 AM   |  #164  
Recognized Contributor
Flag fonda
Thanks Meter: 355

1,327 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourguitarist

Its really hard to compare what the real terms mean to what we have now. The carriers were real idiots when they started using the term 4g when they knew full well it wasn't really 4g but is it sounded better then the competition who only had 3g. So all the carriers play catch up and they are all calling hspa+ 4g when its not. And then someone wants to sound better so they say 4g lte. Which they technically are lte but lte doesn't really correspond to the terms 2g 3g 4g... its different.

True 4g is like 100mbps...

And so I have spoken it.. and so it shall be.
20th April 2012, 06:10 AM   |  #165  
Spring Valley, CA
Thanks Meter: 1

80 posts
More
Regardless of the fast speed of real 4g or not.. its stupid having speed that fast, yet being capped at 3gbs a month unless your grandfathered in... its like having a ferrarri and only going speed limit. Lol

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA
20th April 2012, 01:42 PM   |  #166  
Flag Salt Lake City

81 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourguitarist

LTE advanced will meet the 4g speed and data requirements. I've also heard it referred to as LTE 2.0

20th April 2012, 05:54 PM   |  #167  
Flag all over the u.s.a
Thanks Meter: 183

1,776 posts
More
since when did this become a different thread?
there is the general section for this kinds of rant.
So please don't spam CallMeAria's thread, please.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to latinohot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 11:44 PM   |  #168  
Flag Camas
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeAria

No you shouldn't have yo set the apn. I would try to download the rom again.

Did anyone else have the same problem as fn1046?

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

Yes I am Having an issue with the Data services not working on my device. I have LG Thrill running 2.3.5 on thrill seeker 2.1. went from Thriller 1.1.0. Everything works great accept that I have no data. I added an AT&T APN and it didn't help. I reset the factory apn settings. Been working on finding a solution for hours now and still sadly nothing. If there is a fix for it without having to re-flash the rom I'd b happily using 2.1 till something with ics comes out. Any ideas?
22nd April 2012, 12:33 AM   |  #169  
Flag Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 51

278 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdh12

Yes I am Having an issue with the Data services not working on my device. I have LG Thrill running 2.3.5 on thrill seeker 2.1. went from Thriller 1.1.0. Everything works great accept that I have no data. I added an AT&T APN and it didn't help. I reset the factory apn settings. Been working on finding a solution for hours now and still sadly nothing. If there is a fix for it without having to re-flash the rom I'd b happily using 2.1 till something with ics comes out. Any ideas?

I was having that issue but I noticed that the mobile data was not turned on in the settings after I flashed there ROM. if all else fails redownload and flash again.

22nd April 2012, 12:39 AM   |  #170  

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdh12

The thriller rom is on a froyo baseband. You have to upgrade to a gingerbread baseband for thrillseeker 2.1 to run right. Do an lg update to v20p baseband then flash thrillseeker rom.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread