Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Getting 8.9 Tuesday

OP falcon26

21st April 2012, 04:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

516 posts
More
Well I get my 8.9 Tuesday. I got a refurbished one for $300. I know it comes with Honeycomb 3.2. Now I am assuming that ICS will not be released for the 8.9 or any other tab 1 until the Tab 2's come out. So is it safe to assume that ICS on these Tab 1's will not happen for at least another 1-2 months?
21st April 2012, 05:32 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
That depends. If you're Tab is the WiFi version only, you can download an unofficial ICS rom in the Android Development forum. If it's the AT&T LTE version, we're mostly likely going to have to wait for the Samsung update (which should be in a few months, hopefully.)
Last edited by lilsim89; 22nd April 2012 at 01:20 AM.
21st April 2012, 11:36 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 12

170 posts
Official ICS update is said to be coming in May.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 01:44 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

516 posts
More
That's what I figured. I don't think Samsung would release it before the Tab 2's are out. Both the 7 inch and 10.1 inch version. If I had to gues ICS for the 8.9 will probably come late May....
22nd April 2012, 11:20 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 272

800 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsim89

That depends. If you're Tab is the WiFi version only, you can download an unofficial ICS rom in the Android Development forum. If it's the AT&T LTE version, we're mostly likely going to have to wait for the Samsung update (which should be in a few months, hopefully.)

Correction: there are ICS ROMs for the 7300 and 7310 by the Galaxian Soup team. The only caveat is that we're still waiting for camera drivers.

On the AT&T LTE version, you are probably correct.
22nd April 2012, 05:59 PM   |  #6  
Flag FT Riley BIG RED ONE
Thanks Meter: 578

3,793 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeKampuchia

Correction: there are ICS ROMs for the 7300 and 7310 by the Galaxian Soup team. The only caveat is that we're still waiting for camera drivers.

On the AT&T LTE version, you are probably correct.

yup and they run great. i have a nandroid of the 3.2 rom for when i deploy and need to talk to my wife

Sent from my GT-P7310 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread