Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Stock 1.4.0 & 1.4.2 + Root + Mods - GO Launcher [Yes/No B&N|Rebloat Pack]

Tip us?

lavero.burgos
Old
(Last edited by lavero.burgos; 12th April 2012 at 04:44 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,308

DONATE TO ME
My comment was for newskate9 forgot to quote him.
I think you can't download because of the OTA block so try clearing data of device manager service app in titanium backup, reboot and try downloading everything again once you're done downloading apply OTA block again OR freeze that app if you have titanium backup pro, unfreeze when you want to download.

But is more secure OTA block otherwise you could get the 1.4.2 update, I don't I use B&N services so haven't test myself but from what I've read in this forum could be that.

When I flash stock I bypass registration.

You could also try downloading in your computer from B&N Web page if possible and then copy the books to the right folder in your nook tablet.

~ Veronica

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium
2014 I am no longer active at XDA nor have an Android Smartphone or Tablet |

If i helped you please hit
button -
Your files everywhere! Get dropbox 2GB+250mb free: http://db.tt/9DHo4Gi

VIDEO TUTORIALS
My XDA FTP Folder ~ GDrive Folder ~ My XDA Threads

lavero.burgos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,308

DONATE TO ME
Alright i've finished testing/modding stock 1.4.2 and made sure i could sideload same as in 1.4.0 with no restrictions (had my doubt) so now i will release a modified stock 1.4.2 Ribbon style as an update to this thread ah and is meant to work for both models 8GB and 16GB (Need 8GB tester though )

~ Veronica

button -

VIDEO TUTORIALS
The Following User Says Thank You to lavero.burgos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

schtuka
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Very cool news indeed. Meanwhile I am having issues with wifi constantly restarting and often just unable to quit or restart unless reboot.
Help?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
2013 Nexus 7 FLO 32GB. Rooted.
2013 AT&T Samsung Note II. SkyNote 4.3
2012 AT&T Samsung Note. FJ's ICS (sold)
2012 Nook Tablet. Acclaim's CM7.2. OC. (sold)
2011 Nook Color. Stock Root & OC.
2010 AT&T Samsung Captivate. MIUI 2.3.24 w/Glitch 12b.
2009 T-Mobile MyTouch. BiffMod 2.1. Kept it as a relic.

lavero.burgos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,308

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by schtuka View Post
Very cool news indeed. Meanwhile I am having issues with wifi constantly restarting and often just unable to quit or restart unless reboot.
Help?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
Hmmm i actually never had issues with wifi but im having them with 1.4.2, im waiting for @zambien to reply to me if he can make the adhoc patch for the 1.4.2 wifi_supplicant then i have to test and upload the rom.

Try click on your network connection >> forget then connect again and/or wiping cache and dalvik cache in CWM.

~ Veronica

button -

VIDEO TUTORIALS

schtuka
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Thanks, will try.

Sent from Note via Tapatalk.
2013 Nexus 7 FLO 32GB. Rooted.
2013 AT&T Samsung Note II. SkyNote 4.3
2012 AT&T Samsung Note. FJ's ICS (sold)
2012 Nook Tablet. Acclaim's CM7.2. OC. (sold)
2011 Nook Color. Stock Root & OC.
2010 AT&T Samsung Captivate. MIUI 2.3.24 w/Glitch 12b.
2009 T-Mobile MyTouch. BiffMod 2.1. Kept it as a relic.

everest.deth
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Hey, normally I enter recovery using the power + "N" key, but somehow that does not seem to work anymore...not sure if it is the ROM or what. Is there another way to enter recovery? Say, if I am stuck on a boot loop.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
Rule # 1 of crackflashers: Do not talk about the changelog

Devices:
HTC Glacier, CM7 and Faux's Kernel - Sold
LG - P999, CM7, Oclocked - Rooted - Sold
Samsung Captivate - Ice Cream Sandwich love
Motorola Atrix - CM7 Weekly #4m _Faux OC - Sold
B&N Acclaim - Alpha 0 CM9

If i Helped you, hit thanks

Follow me on Twitter Twitter or Google Plus

crash613
Old
Thanks Meter 23
ok.. sorry for the noob question, blah, blah blah, (insert obligatory apologies for not knowing what the hell i am talking about here)

I am getting ready to root for the first time. Had side loaded several apps on the nook before update broke side-loading.

Problem is, the "recommended" section states i should backup using titanium.

how do i get that on? it doesn't seem to be in the nook store, and i can no longer side load. so how do i backup?

Second.. says to "Wipe data, dalvik cache before flash a new ROM" i have no idea what dalvik cache is or how to wipe it.

sorry again, and thanks.

really looking forward to getting some functionality back.
The Following User Says Thank You to crash613 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lavero.burgos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,308

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by everest.deth View Post
Hey, normally I enter recovery using the power + "N" key, but somehow that does not seem to work anymore...not sure if it is the ROM or what. Is there another way to enter recovery? Say, if I am stuck on a boot loop.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
I have added an app quick boot in all my stock roms , use it

~ Veronica

button -

VIDEO TUTORIALS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lavero.burgos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lavero.burgos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,308

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash613 View Post
ok.. sorry for the noob question, blah, blah blah, (insert obligatory apologies for not knowing what the hell i am talking about here)

I am getting ready to root for the first time. Had side loaded several apps on the nook before update broke side-loading.

Problem is, the "recommended" section states i should backup using titanium.

how do i get that on? it doesn't seem to be in the nook store, and i can no longer side load. so how do i backup?

Second.. says to "Wipe data, dalvik cache before flash a new ROM" i have no idea what dalvik cache is or how to wipe it.

sorry again, and thanks.

really looking forward to getting some functionality back.
Hmmm start reading my FAQ from there you have to start - link in my signature. You need to root, intall CWM and sideload titanium backup, you can find it if you google it or i can pm it to you later.

here i give support for the roms posted in OP.

~ Veronica

button -

VIDEO TUTORIALS
The Following User Says Thank You to lavero.burgos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crash613
Old
(Last edited by crash613; 24th April 2012 at 11:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavero.burgos View Post
Hmmm start reading my FAQ from there you have to start - link in my signature. You need to root, intall CWM and sideload titanium backup, you can find it if you google it or i can pm it to you later.

here i give support for the roms posted in OP.

~ Veronica

got it, and thanks. Did read the tutorials... almost all of them. Had to go to google to figure out CWM. I thought that when i transfered your file to the card that CWM would automatically start or something..... it didn't.

Once I figured out how to get that on a card, added your file, and i am good to go now.

Love it very much, thank you for taking the time to do this, and being so helpful in this forum (which I read almost all the way through!)

I did have a couple of odds and ends questions regarding the new setup.

1. go launcher ex and go locker are options when you hit the "N" button. But both seem to do the same thing. is this normal?

2. The other third party launcher, i forget the name, just brings up an overlay. I got rid of it. Even that took some doing. This is my first foray into an Android environment, but the little pullout from the right and side remains. Can i get rid of this some how?

3. I made go launcher ex the default. Go locker is still in the apps section. should i delete it like i did the other third party app (task xp?, i believe)

4. I never did figure out how to backup using titanium, as i had no way to install it. was there a way from a un rooted 1.4 state?

5. I have a few apk files that i had side loaded before the update screwed that up for me. can those be added too? I am sure they can, just not sure how to go about it. I looked briefly on line, but by that time i was burned out from messing with this thing.

6. when i set it up, i entered my gmail info because i needed to put apps on it. This is my daughter's nook. I figured i would change the account info later. Now it will not let me. when i go to the hidden settings app and try to unlink it says it is needed for some apps and i need to delete the account from the privacy settings in the settings app. There is no privacy settings that i can find in the settings app

anyway, thank you for the help!

~mike

Tags
1.4.0, nook tablet, ribbon, rom, stock