Originally Posted by lavero.burgos
Hmmm start reading my FAQ from there you have to start - link in my signature. You need to root, intall CWM and sideload titanium backup, you can find it if you google it or i can pm it to you later.
here i give support for the roms posted in OP.
Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium
got it, and thanks. Did read the tutorials... almost all of them. Had to go to google to figure out CWM. I thought that when i transfered your file to the card that CWM would automatically start or something..... it didn't.
Once I figured out how to get that on a card, added your file, and i am good to go now.
Love it very much, thank you for taking the time to do this, and being so helpful in this forum (which I read almost all the way through!)
I did have a couple of odds and ends questions regarding the new setup.
1. go launcher ex and go locker are options when you hit the "N" button. But both seem to do the same thing. is this normal?
2. The other third party launcher, i forget the name, just brings up an overlay. I got rid of it. Even that took some doing. This is my first foray into an Android environment, but the little pullout from the right and side remains. Can i get rid of this some how?
3. I made go launcher ex the default. Go locker is still in the apps section. should i delete it like i did the other third party app (task xp?, i believe)
4. I never did figure out how to backup using titanium, as i had no way to install it. was there a way from a un rooted 1.4 state?
5. I have a few apk files that i had side loaded before the update screwed that up for me. can those be added too? I am sure they can, just not sure how to go about it. I looked briefly on line, but by that time i was burned out from messing with this thing.
6. when i set it up, i entered my gmail info because i needed to put apps on it. This is my daughter's nook. I figured i would change the account info later. Now it will not let me. when i go to the hidden settings app and try to unlink it says it is needed for some apps and i need to delete the account from the privacy settings in the settings app. There is no privacy settings that i can find in the settings app
anyway, thank you for the help!