[Firmware][ICS]UNOFFICIAL CM9 for the Infuse 4G (07/28/2012)

Search This thread

tripartist1

Jan 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA

read most of the pages on those threads before, and actually used the first links link to DL ( along with various other DL links ).

same result with the DL, and I could use the rainbow recovery, but went into a "recovery" loop, every time i hit reboot now it would reboot recovery instead, and would still not flash cm9... i just need to know if this (bad DL) is true for everyone on zues 6 or if it unique to my phone. if it is my phone then there is no need to go through all the steps B/C it prolly wont work. but if some one else can confirm that this is not flashable from zues, then ill take the extra steps to try...:confused:

popi09

Sep 17, 2011
read most of the pages on those threads before, and actually used the first links link to DL ( along with various other DL links ).

same result with the DL, and I could use the rainbow recovery, but went into a "recovery" loop, every time i hit reboot now it would reboot recovery instead, and would still not flash cm9... i just need to know if this (bad DL) is true for everyone on zues 6 or if it unique to my phone. if it is my phone then there is no need to go through all the steps B/C it prolly wont work. but if some one else can confirm that this is not flashable from zues, then ill take the extra steps to try...:confused:

I was able to flash it and I was Zeus 6. First flash I got stuck at Samsung screen and did what the instructions said. Now I'm running cm9 :D

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA

tripartist1

Jan 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I was able to flash it and I was Zeus 6. First flash I got stuck at Samsung screen and did what the instructions said. Now I'm running cm9 :D

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA

then this must be an issue unique to my phone :/
ill try flashing from stock GB and see if i have any luck. thank you very much for trying this for me. much appreciated :D

quick question, did you / should you disable lagfix...

Last edited:

marty331

Jun 29, 2011
Dallas, TX

Are you sure you flashed the recovery tar? That sounds like what I did the first time I flashed CM9.

CM9 Infuse - XDA Premium

tripartist1

Jan 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
YEESSS!!! about time, i double wiped everything and got jts ( i think...) version to flash. installed like posted. now i have one issue. my sd cards wont mount, and i cant access the files to tb or any of my apps. i did not flash gapps yet, and need to get them to mount... when i connect to my pc, it gets stuck on the " select button below bla bla bla tranfer files" . no button shows, it just continues to load. ive tried mounting through cwm...any ideas (preferably W/O losing all my apps / data. ( i know i can take the internal sd card out of the phone and pop it into the computer to backup all my files, then format it to the phone, but that will void my warranty (at least i can still flash unrooted stock right now, theyll never know :)) and its a pain in the ass to disassemble...)) on how to fix ( srry for going crazy with the ()...:D...:confused:)

EDIT:
OH BTW the version i flashed automatically flashed the ics recovery...
i flashed the rom from red cwm, rebooted, hung on samsung, reboot recovery, got ICS recovery...?formated bla nbla , got CM9, sd card no mounty...

Last edited:

marty331

Jun 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
YEESSS!!! about time, i double wiped everything and got jts ( i think...) version to flash. installed like posted. now i have one issue. my sd cards wont mount, and i cant access the files to tb or any of my apps. i did not flash gapps yet, and need to get them to mount... when i connect to my pc, it gets stuck on the " select button below bla bla bla tranfer files" . no button shows, it just continues to load. ive tried mounting through cwm...any ideas (preferably W/O losing all my apps / data. ( i know i can take the internal sd card out of the phone and pop it into the computer to backup all my files, then format it to the phone, but that will void my warranty (at least i can still flash unrooted stock right now, theyll never know :)) and its a pain in the ass to disassemble...)) on how to fix ( srry for going crazy with the ()...:D...:confused:)

EDIT:
i flashed the rom from red cwm, rebooted, hung on samsung, reboot recovery, got ICS recovery...?formated bla nbla , got CM9, sd card no mounty...

Are you using a Linux computer or something lesser? I'm on Ubuntu and see my sd card just fine. Also, I don't think reformatting your sd card will void your warranty, now flashing CM9 probably did, but as you said, you can Heimdall back to stock if you ever had an issue.

CM9 Infuse - XDA Premium

tripartist1

Jan 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Are you using a Linux computer or something lesser? I'm on Ubuntu and see my sd card just fine. Also, I don't think reformatting your sd card will void your warranty, now flashing CM9 probably did, but as you said, you can Heimdall back to stock if you ever had an issue.

CM9 Infuse - XDA Premium

no im on win7. and im saying opening the phone to get the internal sd will void it.
so no clue as to how to mount it on either computer or phone...

theraffman

Jul 22, 2011
no im on win7. and im saying opening the phone to get the internal sd will void it.

Opening it to get the internal sd is pointless, I believe it's not as a traditional "sd" and is permanently attached to the mobo. I have never looked but this is what information I have gathered over the year I have had this phone.

the issue you are experiencing has been resolved I believe. I think it was dman who figured it out... Perhaps entropy or maybe axiomkid... Search the other ics thread in general... It was posted in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

marty331

Jun 29, 2011
Dallas, TX

Your sd card is removable, it just clicks in near the Sim card, taking it out doesn't void any warranty I've ever heard of. Make sure when you put it back in that you put it in upside down as that is the correct position.

CM9 Infuse - XDA Premium

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington

EDIT:
I think you are looking for things about vold.fstab file. I think you need to edit it to get your sdcard to show up.

I am trying to remember what I had to do to get it to work for me. It was not the changing the mcc2. I had to change one of the strings of "emmc" text to "\mnt\sdcard\external_sd", but I cannot remember if it was the first or second one.

I think it is dev_mount emmc /mnt/sdcard/external_sd auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc2

!@#$%^&*(*&^%$ Can't remember for sure.
Maybe it was dev_mount /mnt/sdcard/external_sd emmc auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc2

I just did it by trial and error

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Your sd card is removable, it just clicks in near the Sim card, taking it out doesn't void any warranty I've ever heard of. Make sure when you put it back in that you put it in upside down as that is the correct position.

CM9 Infuse - XDA Premium

Even though it is mounted internally, that is the" external" SD. The internal one is soldered to the motherboard.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Erik_T

tripartist1

Jan 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Even though it is mounted internally, that is the" external" SD. The internal one is soldered to the motherboard.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

usually they have a lock mechanism and are removable (hense the mods to increase internal mem. take apart, pop new sd in and reformat everything. etc idk exactly, but they are removable. ive taken aprt several tablets and have seen them myself) the issue im having is the cm9 i have has no file editor, and i cannot DL one BC i need a mem. card to DL ANYTHING...unless someone can whip up a flashable ics compatible root explorer or something that i can flash from cwm, then edit the path...other than that i like ics, i just CANNOT have no music, market, DL, etc. it was phone, internet (no DL though), texting, and limited settings is all i had (i reflashed zues, which was a pain, and now have no status bar... but i can live with that.)

also after investigating the issue more, the cm9 i flashed had flashed ics recovery also, like i said, and that recovery can use the softkeys!
menu...scroll down
home...scroll up
back...well, back
search...select
i just wasnt sure if anyone knew that, although it would be much nicer if youhad the GB bootloaders, too.

so, a re-up:
no download (from anywhere)
no usb connect (not sure about DL mode...)
no file explorer at all
no editor (that i know of)
i DO have terminal emulator if that can help at all.

edit: reboot fixed the status bar
attempting a reflash

UPDATE: no more issues. i reflashed entropys version and it flashed fine. camera, sd card, music, im done flashing for a while.
IDK what was up B4, but it worked now. flashing gapps now. thank you all so much for your support. this is by far the most community-like forum ive joined. entropy, i will definately donate when i get some money (im piss broke at the moment...)

Last edited:

tripartist1

Jan 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Last time! I promise

for those who must live with rainbow recovery, its a stereo image, just cross your eyes like magic eye picture ( merge the two images together as one)
it is much easier to read it this way.

eg. oooo ))0 ))0 oooo

should look like:

oooo)) oooo ))0 oooo ))oooo

^ ^^ ^
break merge break
just google how to doa magic eye picture :)

i lied. when i try to dl from playstore says invalid package file
any fix... already tried clear cache / data.

Last edited:
Reactions: potroveloz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETELY READ THIS POST AND THE FAQ.

Since jt1134 is no longer supporting his CM9 releases here on XDA and asking people to go elsewhere for support, I have decided to start building CM9 for the Infuse.

Much of the credit goes to him for doing the initial ICS bringup for Infuse, I'm working on fixing some of the things that are not yet working. Even more goes to LinuxBozo - without his CM7 work we would be nowhere.

http://d-h.st/vN1 - 06/20/2012 build
    http://d-h.st/ahW - 06/27/2012 build
    http://d-h.st/Pfr - 07/28/2012 build

Installation instructions-from a Gingerbread firmware with "red CWM":
    Place this release and an ICS gapps release on your SD card.
    Flash this ZIP in CWM
    Reboot - you will get stuck at the Samsung screen
    Reboot to recovery again using the three-finger salute - hold down VolUp+VolDn+Power until the device reboots, release Power after the reboot, continue holding VolUp+VolDn
    Go to Mounts and Storage and format: system, data, cache
    Flash this ZIP a second time, then flash gapps
    Reboot and enjoy

Coming from any AOSP-based firmware with "blue CWM":
    Flash this, flash gapps, wipe. That should be all you need.

What is working:
    Calls
    GPS
    Sound
    Video playback

What is partially working:
    Camera (minor flakiness, but mostly working)
    Car dock audio (possibly desk dock too, untested) - Some issues with ringtone playback when docked - This is native dock audio, not using the Car Dock Redirector app workaround. Thanks go to StevenHarperUK of the GT-I9100 community for reworking CM9's dock audio code to permit this to work.
    Wifi - It frequently loses connection when the device is asleep. Most likely needs some SDHCI driver tweaks to match the N7000 wifi driver.
    Wifi Direct - A little glitchy but mostly working with I777/N7000. Won't talk to a P7510 (Tab 10.1) though.
    Bluetooth - A2DP (music) and SCO (call audio) now works. However BT power management (LPM) is currently disabled, so BT may eat your battery when on.

Not working:
    TV Output - No one has gotten MHL fully working on any Samsung device yet to my knowledge. There's some promising results from the I9100 community but it's not there yet.

Known issues:
    SetCPU seems to be unable to set the minimum frequency to 100 MHz. This is one of the main reasons for holding off on OC - even stock clock code isn't working quite right
    Facebook contact sync has been blocked by Google in ICS - this is universal to ICS on all devices I'm aware of. Facebook got what they deserved here.
    Building - Use the Source, Luke

Kernel source is at: https://github.com/teamhacksung/android_kernel_samsung_dempsey

Device repo at: https://github.com/teamhacksung/android_device_samsung_infuse4g

To build, first prep your system for a Cyanogenmod build by following the instructions at:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Building_from_source

Once you have done the first "repo sync", at the two following lines to .repo/local_manifest.xml
    Code:
      <project path="device/samsung/infuse4g" name="teamhacksung/android_device_samsung_infuse4g" remote="github"/>
      <project path="kernel/samsung/dempsey" name="teamhacksung/android_kernel_samsung_dempsey" remote="github" />

Run "repo sync" again

Sync https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung/ into vendor/samsung

Drop the contents of the attached tarball into vendor/samsung

(I really need to clean that process up...)

Run:
    Code:
    . build/envsetup.sh && brunch infuse4g
    FAQ

Q: I get weird rainbows in recovery and when my device boots? What gives?
    A: This is what happens when a Gingerbread or ICS kernel is booted on a device with Froyo bootloaders. You will need to either live with the rainbows (recovery is at least partially usable with the rainbows now) or flash Gingerbread bootloaders. Stay tuned for more info on bootloader flashing.

Unfortunately, the classic "rainbow fix" we used for Gingerbread is not compatible with how video acceleration is set up in ICS. The rainbowfix will just cause the device to crash immediately on boot. (I think this is why jt was not successful with LinuxBozo's CM7 source.)

Q: I'm getting rainbows, how do I flash Gingerbread bootloaders?
    Flash the bootloaders from the file attached to this post using Heimdall as follows:
    Code:
    heimdall flash --primary-boot boot.bin --secondary-boot Sbl.bin

DO NOT do this unless you are experiencing rainbows, and DO NOT do this until you have confirmed you can flash less dangerous stuff (like kernels) with Heimdall. If the flash fails you will hardbrick!

Thanks to LinuxBozo for confirming, way back in the days of UCKJ2, that Heimdall can safely flash bootloaders from leaks. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18539754#post18539754 - Be warned, once you do this step there is no going back. For whatever reason the Infuse won't flash dumped bootloaders, so there is no known way to return to Froyo and Rogers Gingerbread bootloaders.
    Change Log

7/28/2012:
    Removed 1000 MHz cpufreq step - the extra frequency step was causing all sorts of weird derpage.
    Fixed 1200 MHz step (it was using the wrong PLL settings)
    Moved to open source sensor HAL

7/22/2012:
    Major improvements to camera flash functionality - torch is still broken but most other flash functions work
    EXIF info (including rotation) is now saved. However I had to disable JPEG thumbnail generation, which slows down viewing of images in gallery
    Structural changes to the repos to make things cleaner - Once two patches get merged by CM I plan on submitting Infuse for official nightlies
    CPU clock handling for GPU bus frequency was changed from a policy change (min freq bumped to 200 MHz in policy, which would cause some apps to "stick" the min at 200) to a DVFS lock. Min no longer bumps up to 200 - however any time the GPU is active it'll still lock to 200 MHz.

6/27/2012:
    Discovered our device has a Broadcom BT chipset - the CG2900 is NOT used for Bluetooth. BT is now fully functional other than possible power management issues

6/20/2012:
    Various upstream stuff
    Wifi Direct support added - partially glitchy (see OP)
    Bluetooth support brought up to CM7 levels (Audio stuff is still broken)

5/27/2012:
    New wifi driver from GT-N7000 Update3 source drop: Hopefully will improve wifi for those with issues
    New LPM (charging while off) code from I9100
    All upstream changes since last build, including lockscreen weather

5/19/2012:
    Lots of upstream CM9 changes, including theme engine and customizable lockscreen
    Settings->Advanced now works. mDNIE settings (tested) and HSPA+ control (untested)
    A small patch that might help wifi driver loading issues, but not guaranteed (gokhanmoral reverted it within a day in his case...)

5/2/2012:
    Pulled in a few wifi fixes from gokhanmoral's I9100 SiyahKernel tree. May help those who are having wifi issues.

4/23:
    Fixed wifi MAC address getting set randomly on every boot

4/22:
    Misc stuff from CM9 upstream
    New wifi driver backported from the I9100 update4 sources and pershoot's Tab 10.1 kernel - Fixes wifi tethering!
    USB tethering removed until I can make the RNDIS driver play with the new net/wireless code - not even sure if it was working to begin with.

4/19:
    No more banding in recovery (thank codeworkx for this one, exact same fix as for I9100)
    FFC is no longer cropped to one corner of the sensor. Full resolution support for FFC still not implemented
    Various upstream changes
    I'm going to push out a build that hopefully fixes some of the wifi driver issues tonight, it pulls a few patches in from gokhanmoral's I9100 tree. (I9100 users have had occasional issues with wifi reliability too.)

Since I can't reproduce the issues I don't know if it will help things or not.

I do plan on staying with this wifi driver. The benefits of working tethering and (hopefully) eliminating the BT-AMP wakeup bug (as it did when backported to the Tab 10.1) outweight the small issues it has.

Currently on my list, time permitting:
    Try to identify why the broadcast/ARP packet filters don't enable when the screen is off. This seems to be a common issue to all devices using the I9100 wifi drivers and CM9 - It can hurt battery life for those on "dirty" networks with lots of broadcast spam. It's not a problem for most developers as we run clean networks, which might explain the unusual discrepancies in battery life between the developers and some users.
    Attempt to see if there's a way to shoehorn the I9100 camera HAL onto the Infuse, which seems to use the exact same cameras. If possible it will provide a much more robust camera experience. If not - I've lost enough sleep to the damn camera HAL, I welcome someone else trying to fix it. I hate going from an open-source HAL to a blob - but the open source HAL isn't working too well.

I'm probably not going to be doing too much over the next few days on any device, I'm generally exhausted.