Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 51,387 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best Case for Photon

Tip us?

Dark Reality
Old
Thanks Meter 183
I want a case, but I'm kinda lost with all the options. A good friend at Sprint and his roommate both swear by Otterbox, and I've heard about them before. One's $20 and the other is $30 on Amazon. What's the difference?

I'm more concerned with protection than convenience, but I want access to the kickstand, charging port, and headphone jack, at least.

All these cases require a separate screen protector, right?
HTC One M8 / Verizon / Stock/rooted

EggSpawn
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Reality View Post
I want a case, but I'm kinda lost with all the options. A good friend at Sprint and his roommate both swear by Otterbox, and I've heard about them before. One's $20 and the other is $30 on Amazon. What's the difference?

I'm more concerned with protection than convenience, but I want access to the kickstand, charging port, and headphone jack, at least.

All these cases require a separate screen protector, right?
I would go with the defender. Provides amazing protection and you still get the kickstand and everything. And it comes with a screen protector but I pop it out cause the gorilla glass is a beast

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

Jeff213
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have a defender and it works good for me. It protects my phone on the construction site. Most construction worker's smart phones have cracks in the screens.

The downside is its size, its like an early 90s flip phone with the case.

Otterbox also has excellent service, I had a holster break on me and they sent me a new one no questions asked.

flame7
Old
Thanks Meter 7
An alternative to the defender is the SEIDIO surface, it's smaller and gives you the same protection than the otterbox

Sent from my MB855 running CM9/AOKP, xda premium

10-Dee-Q
Old
Thanks Meter 7
defender or commuter, still can't decide
does the commuter have a full screen protector ?
and also i know that the defender have a screen protector built into the case itself
does it feel "tacky" ?

Jeff213
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I cannot speak about the commuter, I have never held one.

The defender built in screen cover does not feel tacky whatsoever. It is a slick plastic screen cover. If you leave it in your pocket it will get small scratches over time and the display wont be quite as crisp with it on but overall its a great screen protector and way better than the film ones that adhere directly to the screen.

dsims7_2000
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff213 View Post
I cannot speak about the commuter, I have never held one.

The defender built in screen cover does not feel tacky whatsoever. It is a slick plastic screen cover. If you leave it in your pocket it will get small scratches over time and the display wont be quite as crisp with it on but overall its a great screen protector and way better than the film ones that adhere directly to the screen.
I agree and I disagree. I have the defender and love it, not scratches what so ever, but I baby the damm thing (I work in IT, so it's not like im in construction).

I had GhostArmour on my EVO. Not only the best film cover out there, they guarentee scratch free, or they replace it!If you can, go to store and have them install it. They have special dryer that they leave it in for 30 minutes, but I had them leave it in for 2 hours!

Samsung Galaxy Note II, stock, code name: "Cujo!" BoxWave Holster for protection!(siggy by DeedScreen)

10-Dee-Q
Old
Thanks Meter 7
hi can you guys give me a link to any reputable otter box seller that ship internationally ?
thank you.

dsims7_2000
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-Dee-Q View Post
hi can you guys give me a link to any reputable otter box seller that ship internationally ?
thank you.
Try amazon or even e-bay.

Samsung Galaxy Note II, stock, code name: "Cujo!" BoxWave Holster for protection!(siggy by DeedScreen)

10-Dee-Q
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Yeah, i did saw a few on ebay but im afraid if they happened to be fake, is there any fake one?

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

Tags
holster, photon