Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 50,854 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] stuck in HBOOT, S-On, unrooted, no buttons work

Tip us?

cehf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default [Q] stuck in HBOOT, S-On, unrooted, no buttons work

My little sister's G2 has been stuck at the hboot screen every time the phone boots. Her phone is completely stock, with the most recent (that I know of) update, the one in PC10IMG.zip. She didn't do anything to damage it at all, it just started booting like this out of the blue.

When at the hboot screen, no buttons work at all, the only way to get out of it is to do a battery pull. I even tried using ADB but it wouldn't detect the phone.

Any suggestions?
hoffmas Old
(Last edited by hoffmas; 20th April 2012 at 01:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
first thing i would try is to somehow wipe the phone... push power & volume down to enter bootloader; choose recovery (a red triangle or something like that should appear) then push power & volume up (the recovery menu should appear); then wipe everything...

if this doesnīt work post here again

EDIT: sry, just recognized that i didnīt read your post carefull enough... if your buttons do not work, you probably have to flash a RUU

cehf
Old
(Last edited by cehf; 20th April 2012 at 01:17 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmas View Post
first thing i would try is to somehow wipe the phone... push power & volume down to enter bootloader; choose recovery (a red triangle or something like that should appear) then push power & volume up (the recovery menu should appear); then wipe everything...

if this doesnīt work post here again
i booted it with vol down+power, then i pushed vol up+power and it started searching for zips. I had pc10img on it and it found and tried to update with it, but it gave "main version is older! update fail! press power to reboot." and rebooting again brought me to the bootloader.

edit: i don't have any experience with ruu files, so if that's what i need to do, can you tell me how?
hoffmas Old
Thanks Meter 0
Search for a RUU which is similiar or higher than your actual version, download it and put it on your pc... on your phone push power & trakepad to enter fastboot mode, connect your phone with pc and start the .exe on your pc...

Before you do this remove the pc10img.zip from your sdcard and try what i posted before again...

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

cehf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmas View Post
Search for a RUU which is similiar or higher than your actual version, download it and put it on your pc... on your phone push power & trakepad to enter fastboot mode, connect your phone with pc and start the .exe on your pc...

Before you do this remove the pc10img.zip from your sdcard and try what i posted before again...

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
i tried doing this, but it failed, saying that my phone model wasn't right or something like that. but it did make the phone boot into the rom! and it appears to have all of its data still, hopefully everything works now.

cehf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
rebooting will make the phone enter fastboot still. none of the ruu files i've tried work. is there a link to one that will work? i haven't found any.
hoffmas Old
Thanks Meter 0
ok, before you do the ruu thing, try to do a factory reset (either in the booted rom or through recovery)

here some links:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1074391 (this is a pc10img.zip - you have to put it on your sdcard)

or

http://www.filefactory.com/f/b8dc837b1ed80be8/ (...all official ruu)

pls use the thanks button

cehf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default htsger 3

i used the pc10img you linked me to. gives me: "main version is older! update fail!"

i tried the ruu files you linked me to and those failed as well. they kept telling me my phone image was wrong or something like that.

Nipqer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 388
Try some from shipped-roms
You'll want to try the 2.15 rom

-Nipqer

cehf
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote: