Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,594 Members 53,798 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Beware - Cheap eBay cases

Tip us?

digixmax
Old
Thanks Meter 385
Has anyone tried those types of cases that have fabric (rather leather/"suede") inner backing?

Sw339
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Let us know if they do come off. I have noticed some slight staining on mine and am probably going to buy a more fabric based case.

TBH it doesn't bother me too much since I mine is almost always in a case. I get nervous when it's not.

fjhuerta
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I got my case (actually, one of those things that make your tablet look like a book) from B&N for $19 on sale. It works perfectly and gets a lot of compliments. I wouldn't get those cheap eBay ones...

rwischer
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I was really close to buying one of the Moko until I saw that Snugg made a case for the Nook. I'm glad I did after seeing this thread. The Snugg case is great and hasn't stained my tablet.

http://www.amazon.com/Snugg-Quality-...0541401&sr=8-1

Temetka
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Location: I live on the Planet Earth, Sol System, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way Galaxy.
News flash: Cheap chinese knock offs causing damage. News at 11.

Judging from the pics it looks more like rub off then residue. But knowing they used the lowest grade materials I wouldn't it put the idea of cheap ink soaking into the rubber plastic of the NT case either. Good call on the bartenders friend. That stuff has saved me in the past. As has the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

I would not use goo gone though. I've had that crap destroy plastics in the past.

I do hope you guys are able to get your nooks looking good again. I know I love keeping mine in pristine condition and would be pretty upset if something bad happened to mar it's surfaces.

blackknightavalon
Old
Thanks Meter 379
You're better off buying the covers from BN.
HTC Dream (G1) 12/2008-04/2010
Motorola MB200 (Cliq) 04/2010-11/2010
HTC Vision (G2) 11/2010-01/2014
HTC Doubleshot (MyTouch 4G Slide) 05/2011-06/2012
B&N Acclaim (Nook Tablet) 03/2012-12/2013
Samsung GT-I8190 (GS3 mini) 01/2013-04/2013
Samsung SGH-M919 (T-Mobile GS4) 04/2013-Backup
Samsung SM-V700 (Galaxy Gear) 12/2013-Current
Samsung N9005 (Int'l Galaxy Note 3) 12/2013-Current
Samsung SM-G900T (T-Mobile GS5) 04/2014-Current

The Last Master
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I didnt buy the cheap leather chinese case from ebay becuase it was cheap, I liked it cuz it had the ability to fold into a stand. The barnes cases dont have that, but I severely regret not having bought one now.

Solar.Plexus
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Master View Post
I didnt buy the cheap leather chinese case from ebay becuase it was cheap, I liked it cuz it had the ability to fold into a stand. The barnes cases dont have that, but I severely regret not having bought one now.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/tasu...arbon/22193460

You should have searched a little more. At $40 and free shipping after a promo code, this was worth every penny.
The Following User Says Thank You to Solar.Plexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The Last Master
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar.Plexus View Post
You should have searched a little more. At $40 and free shipping after a promo code, this was worth every penny.
I like it, but its bulky looking, I like cases that don't add bulk.

Ill probably get the black silicone case from B&N, since its the only one I like that covers up the scuffs left by the ****ty ebay case. Im willing to try drops of acetone with cotton swabs, worst case scenario, ill pull the thing apart, and paint the bezel.

Solar.Plexus
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Master View Post
I like it, but its bulky looking, I like cases that don't add bulk.

Ill probably get the black silicone case from B&N, since its the only one I like that covers up the scuffs left by the ****ty ebay case. Im willing to try drops of acetone with cotton swabs, worst case scenario, ill pull the thing apart, and paint the bezel.
It's not actually that bulky. The covers are really thin and are made of an almost rubber material. The flaps fold back and are held together by magnets inside.

It was a really good idea from Barnes and Noble if you ask me. Perfect for working out of my e-book textbooks during class.