Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[Bounty] Help get Drew Garen a Flyer !

OP manlord

21st April 2012, 10:40 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 4

66 posts
Unfortunately I am unable to donate right now but best of luck for the development! Will definitely donate whenever I can!
21st April 2012, 10:54 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 45

199 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgaren

Kardain thank you for your generous donation. And everybody else who has helped get this project going.

The thanks should go to you for stepping up to help out the Flyer community
The Following User Says Thank You to kardain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 10:56 AM   |  #33  
Recognized Developer
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 3,200

673 posts
Donate to Me
More
update
Compiling Test Update:

Testing a compile without the device was going well for a while, however I still need the device to pull the files off of it to build the full ICS build. I ordered the device coming to $467 on amazon. I have a great jump on the project so were off to good start!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drewgaren For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 11:13 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 4,492

5,336 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgaren

however I still need the device to pull the files off of it to build the full ICS build.

i'm sure the CWM releases already out will help you manage that without an actual device you do not need the device to extract files? if those are already available as RUU and as CWM update.zip files.
if you look in the flyer developer section you will find alot of useful releases, although no ics, and htc didnt build one for us, so camera driver is missing and same goes for 100% compatible graphics device driver..
i almost have bluetooth running on the sense build, this might help you in the long run as well.

good luck and hope to see you in the developer section soon.

edit: another good q? why a 3G device? anyone can add 3G functions after you made the major work on it, why spend the additional $300 , if you can get it as low as $150 for a wifi. and yes, i understand its alot more expensive you prefer to do 3G sim functions too, but its like saying impossible to do without?
Last edited by Dexter_nlb; 21st April 2012 at 11:17 AM.
21st April 2012, 11:48 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Post Going slow
Adding another 20$ to my previous donation
21st April 2012, 11:49 AM   |  #36  
Flag Wassenaar
Thanks Meter: 770

3,063 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb

edit: another good q? why a 3G device? anyone can add 3G functions after you made the major work on it, why spend the additional $300 , if you can get it as low as $150 for a wifi. and yes, i understand its alot more expensive you prefer to do 3G sim functions too, but its like saying impossible to do without?

+1... A "bare" working Wifi-only version would be a great start imho
21st April 2012, 12:59 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 1,206

7,905 posts
Was money ever collected here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=23844662

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 12:57 AM   |  #38  
Recognized Developer
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 3,200

673 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb

i'm sure the CWM releases already out will help you manage that without an actual device you do not need the device to extract files? if those are already available as RUU and as CWM update.zip files.
if you look in the flyer developer section you will find alot of useful releases, although no ics, and htc didnt build one for us, so camera driver is missing and same goes for 100% compatible graphics device driver..
i almost have bluetooth running on the sense build, this might help you in the long run as well.

good luck and hope to see you in the developer section soon.

Yes I can go through files but they are not the same as directly pulling from the device, I'll give it a try tonight and see if it will work with some honeycomb files though. I purchased the 3G device because when you own a 3G device it serves 2 purposes, development for the 3G model and WIFI model. With all my experience with other devices this has been the case. I assume the same with the Flyer. I may be new to the Flyer but I know when I get hands on the device I will pick it up in a second and I have already started test compiling and seing where I can get. I have been off to a great start. I have been looking around the community and its been a successful start to say the least for not even having the device. I hope to continue this project and get everything posted up on my site shortly. I will be setting up a page today on my site.
The Following User Says Thank You to drewgaren For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 03:20 AM   |  #39  
Flag Đ Nẵng - VietNam
Thanks Meter: 5

219 posts
http://www.drewgaren.com/DrewGaren.c..._bird_day.html
22nd April 2012, 08:27 AM   |  #40  
Flag LL NM
Thanks Meter: 327

1,330 posts
Donate to Me
More
So I'm assuming no further donations are needed?

I'm still wanting to know if this is going to help out view owners. I never got an answer before, so I didn't donate.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to RED ZMAN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc flyer, vanilla ics
Previous Thread Next Thread