Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 51,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Bounty] Help get Drew Garen a Flyer !

Tip us?
 
mohitster
Old
#31  
mohitster's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 65
Join Date: Dec 2011
Unfortunately I am unable to donate right now but best of luck for the development! Will definitely donate whenever I can!
 
kardain
Old
#32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 45
Posts: 199
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgaren View Post
Kardain thank you for your generous donation. And everybody else who has helped get this project going.
The thanks should go to you for stepping up to help out the Flyer community
The Following User Says Thank You to kardain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
drewgaren
Old
#33  
drewgaren's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3200
Posts: 673
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Detroit

 
DONATE TO ME
Default update

Compiling Test Update:

Testing a compile without the device was going well for a while, however I still need the device to pull the files off of it to build the full ICS build. I ordered the device coming to $467 on amazon. I have a great jump on the project so were off to good start!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drewgaren For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Dexter_nlb
Old
(Last edited by Dexter_nlb; 21st April 2012 at 10:17 AM.)
#34  
Dexter_nlb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4480
Posts: 5,336
Join Date: Feb 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewgaren View Post
however I still need the device to pull the files off of it to build the full ICS build.
i'm sure the CWM releases already out will help you manage that without an actual device you do not need the device to extract files? if those are already available as RUU and as CWM update.zip files.
if you look in the flyer developer section you will find alot of useful releases, although no ics, and htc didnt build one for us, so camera driver is missing and same goes for 100% compatible graphics device driver..
i almost have bluetooth running on the sense build, this might help you in the long run as well.

good luck and hope to see you in the developer section soon.

edit: another good q? why a 3G device? anyone can add 3G functions after you made the major work on it, why spend the additional $300 , if you can get it as low as $150 for a wifi. and yes, i understand its alot more expensive you prefer to do 3G sim functions too, but its like saying impossible to do without?
Remember to press THANKS, if you liked my help or builds.
Hardware: Galaxy Note II * LG Optimus 4X * Elocity A7 * HTC Flyer/Wifi * ASUS TF201/Prime
LG Optimus 4X HD - 4X ClockWorkMod - O4X CustoNexus - O4X Sense4
HTC Flyer - ICSSense OneXXL -Flyer JellyBean * Tattoo - TatFroyoSense * Elocity A7 - ElocityMod
 
lerun
Old
#35  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Apr 2012
Post Going slow

Adding another 20$ to my previous donation
 
Pfeffernuss
Old
#36  
Pfeffernuss's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 643
Posts: 2,704
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wassenaar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb View Post
edit: another good q? why a 3G device? anyone can add 3G functions after you made the major work on it, why spend the additional $300 , if you can get it as low as $150 for a wifi. and yes, i understand its alot more expensive you prefer to do 3G sim functions too, but its like saying impossible to do without?
+1... A "bare" working Wifi-only version would be a great start imho

LG G3 32GB D855 Stock Android 4.4.2 V10f Rom Stock kernel Tethered recovery
Samsung i9505 Galaxy S4 GE Danvdh 27-06-2014 Googy kernel XXUFNA1
Nexus7 2013 Flo Android 4.4.3 ElementalX 2.12 kernel KOT49H
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 AOKP CM10.3 Default kernel
HTC Flyer 3G ICS Yetki 1.2 ChaosX 2.6.35.10 kernel

 
mcord11758
Old
#37  
mcord11758's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1188
Posts: 7,845
Join Date: Sep 2010
Was money ever collected here


http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=23844662

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using xda premium
 
drewgaren
Old
#38  
drewgaren's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3200
Posts: 673
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Detroit

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb View Post
i'm sure the CWM releases already out will help you manage that without an actual device you do not need the device to extract files? if those are already available as RUU and as CWM update.zip files.
if you look in the flyer developer section you will find alot of useful releases, although no ics, and htc didnt build one for us, so camera driver is missing and same goes for 100% compatible graphics device driver..
i almost have bluetooth running on the sense build, this might help you in the long run as well.

good luck and hope to see you in the developer section soon.

edit: another good q? why a 3G device? anyone can add 3G functions after you made the major work on it, why spend the additional $300 , if you can get it as low as $150 for a wifi. and yes, i understand its alot more expensive you prefer to do 3G sim functions too, but its like saying impossible to do without?
Yes I can go through files but they are not the same as directly pulling from the device, I'll give it a try tonight and see if it will work with some honeycomb files though. I purchased the 3G device because when you own a 3G device it serves 2 purposes, development for the 3G model and WIFI model. With all my experience with other devices this has been the case. I assume the same with the Flyer. I may be new to the Flyer but I know when I get hands on the device I will pick it up in a second and I have already started test compiling and seing where I can get. I have been off to a great start. I have been looking around the community and its been a successful start to say the least for not even having the device. I hope to continue this project and get everything posted up on my site shortly. I will be setting up a page today on my site.
The Following User Says Thank You to drewgaren For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hoatienii
Old
#39  
hoatienii's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 216
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Đ Nẵng - VietNam
http://www.drewgaren.com/DrewGaren.c..._bird_day.html
Phone: HTC Kaiser
ROM: [Android] Myn's Warm Donut RLS 4
Radio: 1.65.24.36
HardSPL 3.29 by CMONEX
 
RED ZMAN
Old
#40  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 1,188
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LL NM

 
DONATE TO ME
So I'm assuming no further donations are needed?

I'm still wanting to know if this is going to help out view owners. I never got an answer before, so I didn't donate.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

 
Samsung Galaxy S III Pebble Blue - CM10.1 Masta Mix - TWRP 2.5.0.0
Nexus 7 (In Dashboard) - Timur's USB ROM - CM10.1 Based - TWRP 2.5.0.0
HTC Rezound - Unlocked - NeWts zOnE XxX RLS 3.2.1 - Selling!
HTC Evo View 4g - S-Off CG Rom RC2.2 AOKP
Galaxy Tab 7 2 - CM 10.1 Nightlies
ASUS Transformer - Team EOS 4 (4.2.2) Nightlies - K.A.T. Kernel
Galaxy Tab 7 - 4.1.1 - Sapir Nightlies - Retired
Droid X - CM7 Rev Numbers GB Nightlies - Still works!
G1 - CM6 - Still works!

The Following User Says Thank You to RED ZMAN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
htc flyer, vanilla ics
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes