5,600,919 Members 42,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth Car Stereo - JVC KDX50BT

Tip us?

stinkbud
Old
(Last edited by stinkbud; 21st April 2012 at 05:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganar;I put25130698
I'm tempted to bite, but I've got a Camry with some internal controls on the steering wheel for the built-in stereo that I'm afraid I'd lose if I switched to a third-party.

Plus I know dick about cars, so I'd probably have to pay someone to install it.
I installed one of these in my wife's car a few weeks ago. It does have a wire lead for external controllers like in a steering wheel. Preparing the mounting harness was as easy as matching colored wires and crimping them together. No soldering at all. The Crutchfield instructions were simple enough but there are always things that go wrong, i actually had to take it all apart twice because of stupid omissions on my part...I left the plastic frame on the face so my dash wouldn't fit over it, then when I had the whole thing finished, i realized i forgot to plug in the antenna.

Bottom line, it should work with your steering wheel controller and its relatively easy to install if you read the instructions and follow them carefully.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

SDC_Bolts
Old
Thanks Meter 23
FYI
AOKP B33 for Galaxy Nexus (toro), Android 4.0.4 Rom works awesome now with ID3 tags. Not sure what Romanb changed, but for the first time I have tags displaying on my stereo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to SDC_Bolts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sinxjae
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I've always loves the sound manipulation capabilities of the JVC head units. I have gone through so many decks and JVC has been my best experience not just for bluetooth connectivity, but mainly for the ability to control your range of sound easily through the unit itself. Right now I'm running a Kenwood BT868 and I'm not really happy with the sound output that this deck has. I'm going to try your suggestion, but i'm going to look at some of their other decks in a slightly higher price range.

chrlswltrs
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
I think I am going to be getting one of these. I would much rather do Bluetooth streaming than plug into an aux port. Looks like exactly what I am looking for.

I really don't even care about a mic or phone calls since my jeep really is too noisy anyways, I just want the streaming audio.

Sent from my CM9 E4GT using Tapatalk 2
Nexus4, PA 3.0 ROM

Cr-48 Laptop
Windows 7 netbook
iPad 2
The Following User Says Thank You to chrlswltrs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

urinsane
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlswltrs View Post
I think I am going to be getting one of these. I would much rather do Bluetooth streaming than plug into an aux port. Looks like exactly what I am looking for.

I really don't even care about a mic or phone calls since my jeep really is too noisy anyways, I just want the streaming audio.

Yeah, I have a jeep wrangler and calls don't work too well. It can get the job done, but the other party definitely knows I am on the road. But really, even Bluetooth headsets have trouble, so I don't mind.

teatimest
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Got one. Installing soon.

MrDowntown12
Old
Thanks Meter 171
Been following this thread since its beginning since I too have a jvc Bluetooth stereo and I have a question for you guys...

Do you guys notice a difference in streaming quality between GB and ICS? For me GB is really fuzzy and not clear but ICS works like a dream. Even via auxiliary GB is spotty. Just something I noticed. Forces me to use an ICS ROM but I'm not complaining.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
Sprint HTC One

coldblooded79
Old
Thanks Meter 77
I'm running CM9 alpha 3 now and the id tags are working on the cm9 music app, not Play music.

sent from my Epic Touch

chrlswltrs
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldblooded79 View Post
I'm running CM9 alpha 3 now and the id tags are working on the cm9 music app, not Play music.

sent from my Epic Touch
Just curious, do you know if they work with Slacker Radio? That is the same ROM I'm on and Slacker and Play music is all I listen to.

I'm still getting one either way, would just be nice to know

Nexus4, PA 3.0 ROM

Cr-48 Laptop
Windows 7 netbook
iPad 2

SDC_Bolts
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I actually tried slacker this morning, no luck on AOKP B34.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to SDC_Bolts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]