No registration required

[ROM] AOKP Kang build 28 Beta 2

OP Albinoman

21st April 2012, 07:03 AM   |  #81  
Flag Aurora
Thanks Meter: 42

354 posts
More
Nice rom too bad i bricked my phone (not cause of this rom, thanks to me downgrading) so need to buy a new phone or wait till a new sbf comes out (which wil be never)
21st April 2012, 07:14 AM   |  #82  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 906

887 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergear

Nice rom too bad i bricked my phone (not cause of this rom, thanks to me downgrading) so need to buy a new phone or wait till a new sbf comes out (which wil be never)

That sucks.
21st April 2012, 11:21 AM   |  #83  
Flag Oakland Cali
Thanks Meter: 7

200 posts
Do I...
Do I have to be on Gingerbread 2.3 and rooted to do this? or can it be on Froyo 2.2 and rooted? I finally able to root back my Droid 2 with 2.2 SBF and not 2.3 SBF because I was on GB 2.3 and I can't rooted. I tried to flash CM9 on GB and it stuck on 'M' logo so I have to SBF Again, and Again, etc... So how can I flashed it to CM9 (ICS) first and then flashed to AOKP? Do I need to be on GB with root? I kinda lost here. Please Reply... Thanks.
21st April 2012, 03:15 PM   |  #84  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 69

451 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousxGaruda

Do I have to be on Gingerbread 2.3 and rooted to do this? or can it be on Froyo 2.2 and rooted? I finally able to root back my Droid 2 with 2.2 SBF and not 2.3 SBF because I was on GB 2.3 and I can't rooted. I tried to flash CM9 on GB and it stuck on 'M' logo so I have to SBF Again, and Again, etc... So how can I flashed it to CM9 (ICS) first and then flashed to AOKP? Do I need to be on GB with root? I kinda lost here. Please Reply... Thanks.

ICS must be base on GB 2.3. U can find the official SBF ROM with Root Tool on this D2 topic.

Have fun.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA
21st April 2012, 03:19 PM   |  #85  
Flag Hanoi

451 posts
More
Sbf 2.3.3 Gingerbread official:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1490769

Firmware CDMA DROID 2 A955 Verizon USA Gingebread 2.3.3

ROOT tool:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1566877

[TOOL] Root tool for Droid2/Droid2G Android Froyo 2.2 and Gingerbread 2.3.3

Last edited by dttung80; 21st April 2012 at 03:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dttung80 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 04:25 PM   |  #86  
Flag Oakland Cali

200 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dttung80

Sbf 2.3.3 Gingerbread official:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1490769

Firmware CDMA DROID 2 A955 Verizon USA Gingebread 2.3.3

ROOT tool:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1566877

[TOOL] Root tool for Droid2/Droid2G Android Froyo 2.2 and Gingerbread 2.3.3

I've tried the GB official, it work but when trying to root it, it can't be done with z4 Root .apk. and I can't use Petes Root Tool because I'm currently using a mac which I really hate because my windows laptop is broken I've rooted this before with the z4 Rot but now it seem it doesn't want to root; it keep saying "acquiring shell" then it would back out (this when I was on GB 2.3. When on 2.2 Froyo z4 Root work fine... Is there a way to root using a Mac with step by step, I'm not good with terminals.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

I'm Going To Try It One More Time... I Hate SBF'ing. Haha
21st April 2012, 05:41 PM   |  #87  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 906

887 posts
Donate to Me
More
You cannot use z4root on gb.
21st April 2012, 06:38 PM   |  #88  
Flag Hanoi

451 posts
More
Quote:

I've tried the GB official, it work but when trying to root it, it can't be done with z4 Root .apk. and I can't use Petes Root Tool because I'm currently using a mac which I really hate because my windows laptop is broken I've rooted this before with the z4 Rot but now it seem it doesn't want to root; it keep saying "acquiring shell" then it would back out (this when I was on GB 2.3. When on 2.2 Froyo z4 Root work fine... Is there a way to root using a Mac with step by step, I'm not good with terminals.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Hm... i think i tried to make the guide very detail. That Petes Root use for GB.

U can copy that tool to usb and paste to the other/friends/public/borrow windows xp/7 computer to ROOT your device. About ~5 minutes only.

And the other tasks, simple copy ROM to your sd card.
The Following User Says Thank You to dttung80 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 02:44 AM   |  #89  
Flag Oakland Cali

200 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dttung80

Hm... i think i tried to make the guide very detail. That Petes Root use for GB.

U can copy that tool to usb and paste to the other/friends/public/borrow windows xp/7 computer to ROOT your device. About ~5 minutes only.

And the other tasks, simple copy ROM to your sd card.

Yeah, that's not gonna be for awhile... Not having a PC is overwhelming lol...
22nd April 2012, 03:26 AM   |  #90  
Flag Aurora
Thanks Meter: 42

354 posts
More
Use MotorolaOneClickRoot
Quote:

Try this http://droidmodderx.com/one-click-ro...ce-running-gb/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread