[Guide] Encryption Unsuccessful - Reset Android [ICS Issue]

21st April 2012, 12:01 PM   |  #411  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 24

244 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrube

Someone just got tagged on the OG Transformer again. He was flashing a kernel and screwed up. I asked if it was mounted to PC before his reboot but he hasn't answered yet.

to be fair, if someone is flashing something, chances are they downloaded it with a PC and transferred it via usb.
21st April 2012, 01:45 PM   |  #412  
Moderator & RC/RT Committees - Particle Physics Gives me a Hadron
Flag Immersed in Dark Matter
Thanks Meter: 9,101

6,764 posts
Not necessarily always the case. There is more than one way to connect to your PC. In fact since this bug became a known ICS issue I only use my dropbox to move file to and fro on my tablet. Also my question to him over there was in greater detail than I relayed beck in here.
21st April 2012, 02:38 PM   |  #413  
Flag Wichita, KS
Thanks Meter: 318

1,118 posts
More
I haven't connected my phone to since using aokp

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
21st April 2012, 02:57 PM   |  #414  
Flag Dixie
Thanks Meter: 44

129 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrube

Not necessarily always the case. There is more than one way to connect to your PC. In fact since this bug became a known ICS issue I only use my dropbox to move file to and fro on my tablet. Also my question to him over there was in greater detail than I relayed beck in here.

Question: For those downloading to a PC connected to a router providing wireless access would AirDroid be a "safe" method? I use it frequently.
21st April 2012, 04:04 PM   |  #415  
Thanks Meter: 67

234 posts
I download straight from the net to my phone and flash away. I have had my phone connected one time to my computer but I'm pretty sure I did the safe disconnect procedure. Knowing now that this error is highly likely related to connecting to a PC. My phone stays in "fast charge" mode to eliminate that possibility.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
21st April 2012, 04:55 PM   |  #416  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 875

5,385 posts
More
So based on what I have been reading, is the problem thought to be related to transferring files from the computer to the phone ? My phone stays connected via USB to my work computer 8 hours a day but is not in that other transfer mode where you can access from both phone and pc at the same time.
I need to "mount" the USB device from the pulldown window to have the phone appear on my computer so, based on what I am reading, it seems I am out of the danger zone or still not clear about that?
I am a tester/flasher so this error kind of put a stop to my flash happy attitude.
'
21st April 2012, 06:23 PM   |  #417  
Thanks Meter: 17

82 posts
More
on my phone that got this problem, I don't remember having connected to the PC, but it's been a busy month, so I might have done so, to restore data, but maybe so, maybe not.
21st April 2012, 06:34 PM   |  #418  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 179

749 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95

So based on what I have been reading, is the problem thought to be related to transferring files from the computer to the phone ? My phone stays connected via USB to my work computer 8 hours a day but is not in that other transfer mode where you can access from both phone and pc at the same time.
I need to "mount" the USB device from the pulldown window to have the phone appear on my computer so, based on what I am reading, it seems I am out of the danger zone or still not clear about that?
I am a tester/flasher so this error kind of put a stop to my flash happy attitude.
'

For now only MTP mode is suspected and not usb mass storage mode. You should be fine under this mode. If you flash alot you check the OP's of the rom to make sure MTP is not set as the default.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
Last edited by silvertag; 21st April 2012 at 06:37 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to silvertag For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 07:10 PM   |  #419  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 875

5,385 posts
More
Thanks for the advice mate.
22nd April 2012, 02:30 AM   |  #420  
Flag Fairfield, CA
Thanks Meter: 15

75 posts
More
I think I'm convinced enough that MTP is the issue to flash ICS again and just avoid PC connection. I may also look at forcing the default connection to be UMS when I get a little more courage (what I really mean is when SGSIII is available in the US). It will be Dark Knight 4 with the Semaphore kernel on a 1010 Captivate (the only working one I have left). May not be the smartest thing I have ever done but I just can't keep using GB when ICS is out there. Wish me luck!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
captivate, encryption, galaxy s, ics
Previous Thread Next Thread