[ROOT] Rooting JetStream for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS ONLY {WORKING}

OP DooMLoRD

20th April 2012, 04:35 PM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 22

100 posts
Can OP/Anyone post a mirror to the kernel and root script? Multiupload appears to be down
20th April 2012, 06:04 PM   |  #72  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 38,770

13,107 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman452001

Can OP/Anyone post a mirror to the kernel and root script? Multiupload appears to be down

uploaded to direct download server
21st April 2012, 07:26 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Question Final Step with Mac
Any ideas on how to run the batch/root without installing a Win emulator.
21st April 2012, 07:40 PM   |  #74  
Flag Caguas
Thanks Meter: 50

562 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoullias

Any ideas on how to run the batch/root without installing a Win emulator.

I have a .sh file for unix/osx but it still under testing. It seems in one of the steps is not getting the busybox installed. I will look at it to see if I can make it work, anyways I also have osx so it would be nice to have not install windows for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to juannicolas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 02:37 AM   |  #75  
Flag Caguas

562 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juannicolas

I have a .sh file for unix/osx but it still under testing. It seems in one of the steps is not getting the busybox installed. I will look at it to see if I can make it work, anyways I also have osx so it would be nice to have not install windows for it.

I tested it and it seems to work. if anyone could give it a try I will appreciate any input.

OSX
UNIX

Requirements: DoomKernel
Attached Files
File Type: zip rooting_osx_unix.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.02 MB, 23 views)
22nd April 2012, 03:06 AM   |  #76  
Flag Caguas

562 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I tested it and it seems to work. if anyone could give it a try I will appreciate any input.

OSX
UNIX

EDIT: Found a bug. Do not download until further notice.
22nd April 2012, 04:49 AM   |  #77  
Flag Caguas

562 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:

OSX
UNIX

EDIT: Found a bug. Do not download until further notice.

Fixed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip root_osx_v2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.04 MB, 55 views)
15th June 2012, 11:31 PM   |  #78  

40 posts
FINALLY ACHIEVED ROOT.
All is well after numerous tries. I'm not sure what caused my last attempt to work, but now adb wireless, root explorer, and titanium backup all have superuser status and are working perfectly.

Help!
I thought I did all correct up until the runme.bat. At that point I received continually error messages; the chief one being that adb server was out of date? Noted a 2010 date on the xda download for adb, so updated it with one from 2012 - same error. Adb is out of date followed by repeated error messagesl, and no root.

I had successfully unlocked the htc bootloader, ran the 'fastboot boot insecure.img'; waited for reboot. Installed the unzipped v2toolkit and runme.bat to root of C drive. Ran runme.bat. Errors!

After repeatedly trying to root the Jetstream, I waited until all finished and it rebooted. Rebooted once again and found I had the Superuser, but not Busybox. Tried to install Titanium Backup, but it indicated the root had failed and TB did not have root access.

Help!
Last edited by bobcdy; 16th June 2012 at 03:48 AM. Reason: added new material at beginning
16th June 2012, 04:02 AM   |  #79  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 41

241 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy

FINALLY ACHIEVED ROOT.
All is well after numerous tries. I'm not sure what caused my last attempt to work, but now adb wireless, root explorer, and titanium backup all have superuser status and are working perfectly.

Help!
I thought I did all correct up until the runme.bat. At that point I received continually error messages; the chief one being that adb server was out of date? Noted a 2010 date on the xda download for adb, so updated it with one from 2012 - same error. Adb is out of date followed by repeated error messagesl, and no root.

I had successfully unlocked the htc bootloader, ran the 'fastboot boot insecure.img'; waited for reboot. Installed the unzipped v2toolkit and runme.bat to root of C drive. Ran runme.bat. Errors!

After repeatedly trying to root the Jetstream, I waited until all finished and it rebooted. Rebooted once again and found I had the Superuser, but not Busybox. Tried to install Titanium Backup, but it indicated the root had failed and TB did not have root access.

Help!

Try either of the 2 following:
1. Unistall your HTC Sync if you got it installed. Then try.
2. When you fail the 1st time, go to task manager and end all adb and fastboot related data.
I did both and they did help me the 1st time.
The Following User Says Thank You to kailashpchhabria For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th June 2012, 05:50 AM   |  #80  

40 posts
Thanks kailashpchhabria,

If I have any more trouble I'll remember these suggestions!
Bob

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread