5,604,219 Members 49,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS][7/9] Android Open Kang Project Fascinate Milestone 6 (4.0.4)

Tip us?

JoeDat
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtao View Post
Wanted to flash 33 from 32.1, but couldn't get the PC to recognize the SD card through USB. Reboots and USB Debugging did not help but battery pull fixed it. Not sure what the issue is or was. Just FYI.
I was going to suggest you had Fast Charge enabled. That will definitely prevent your machine from mounting the sdcard. But, I wouldn't think a battery pull would help that.
Sent from my brain...

Phones: Synergized Samsung Galaxy SIII
Motorola Droid Razr, Stock (I know...don't laugh)
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 running CM 10.1

djk21108
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Sorry to clutter up this thread, but b33 is absolutely lightning fast. Is apex launcher more customizable AND more speedy than launcher2?
Sure seems like it.

ssewk2x
Old
Thanks Meter 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by djk21108 View Post
Sorry to clutter up this thread, but b33 is absolutely lightning fast. Is apex launcher more customizable AND more speedy than launcher2?
Sure seems like it.
Yes. It's better than nova, too, imo.

It's also worth the effort to download the upgraded beta version, btw.
--
ssewk2x aka Efpophis

Verizon Fascinate (retired)
AT&T Note II - PAC-man (whatever nightly I managed to flash last), Devil kernel (latest, possibly my own custom build)

JoeDat
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Anyone having difficulty doing Nandroid restores since build 31? I'm on blue recovery (well aware of the broken restores in red). I haven't been able to do a nandroid restore on blue since about build 31 without an irrecoverable boot loop. I'm Odin'ing every time because of it. I freaking hope I don't have an offending app. Damn near impossible to track down.
Sent from my brain...

ssewk2x
Old
Thanks Meter 1357
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDat View Post
Anyone having difficulty doing Nandroid restores since build 31? I'm on blue recovery (well aware of the broken restores in red). I haven't been able to do a nandroid restore on blue since about build 31 without an irrecoverable boot loop. I'm Odin'ing every time because of it. I freaking hope I don't have an offending app. Damn near impossible to track down.
Uh oh, that's no good. If you try again and get another boot loop, try just wiping data before you go back to odin. That might save you some grief at least.

That said, i did a successful restore with build 32 not that long ago.
--
ssewk2x aka Efpophis

Verizon Fascinate (retired)
AT&T Note II - PAC-man (whatever nightly I managed to flash last), Devil kernel (latest, possibly my own custom build)
The Following User Says Thank You to ssewk2x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3228

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle View Post
been running build 33 since 11:00am this morning with no issues. everything running perfect. coming from build 32 i just wiped data, flashed 33, then nandroid restored data only from b32.
^^^^^^^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDat View Post
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE
The Following User Says Thank You to droidstyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Toddw
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I see we don't have preset UV settings. What settings are most people using for best battery life?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

JoeDat
Old
(Last edited by JoeDat; 22nd April 2012 at 02:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 33
I got myself into this mess because I accidentally did a full data wipe instead of just a simple cache/dalvik wipe (note to self: never pay more attention to the TV than your phone when flashing stuff ) So, I tried to do a full restore of the backup I just took to get myself back to normal in prep for the build 33 flash, when I ran into the boot loop. Figured I'd post about it, considering this is the 3rd time I've tried to do a full restore resulting in a boot loop, and all occurring since about build 31. I'm sure it's me, but couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks fellas.

Edit: Finally got to flash bld 33. I hated boot music, until this....F*CK YEAH!
Sent from my brain...

yonith
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddw View Post
I see we don't have preset UV settings. What settings are most people using for best battery life?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium
I don't do any of the liveOC stuff or anything with nstools. Using Rom Control, I OC to 1400mhz and undervolt by 50mv across the board. I have the 100mhz step disabled though since I believe it was causing me problems in the past (and uses the same voltage as 200mhz).

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA

StuckinMemphis
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Build 33 running great on C Spire Showcase. Been running for nearly 12 hours with no problems. Had to wipe data from build 32. Tried just wiping cache and dalvik and got some errors popping up like "ROM Control stopped working". So went ahead and wiped everything. Works great so far.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2