FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[Q] question about 5.7.906 sbf

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By jon135, Junior Member on 20th April 2012, 03:30 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hey all - I got a new D3 replacement today after the touch screen stopped working on the old one. it came with 5.7.906 installed. i am confused as to weather there is a way to unbrick it if i manage to muss it up when i go back to cm9. i love cm9 and hate the stock rom but considering this is my 5th D3 i am not willing to flash roms if i have no way to return to stock in case of hardware malfunction so i can get a new one under waranty

i appreciate any information on the topic
 
 
20th April 2012, 04:07 AM |#2  
MyNarwhalBacon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag So-Cal
Thanks Meter: 233
 
Donate to Me
More
As long as you can get to the Moto Bootloader, then it is 90% likely that you can unbrick it. The tools can be found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...255198&page=23
The Following User Says Thank You to MyNarwhalBacon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 08:04 PM |#3  
ovelayer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag spokane
Thanks Meter: 362
 
More
If you try to sbf with the 5.6.890 it will fail and you will probably break your bootloader as the files have changed with the update and there is no "real" way back as of yet...BUT...
Q9Nap has helped out
" if you've actually flashed the 5.7.906 leak and need to fxz your device, the stock 5.6.890 fxz will fail becuase there are some components that cannot be reverted. here's a package of 5.7.906 fxz components you can drop in to your 5.6.890 fxz folder or zip so you can flash with rsdlite:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?r3i3ohwqirtk3b5

Hope it helps
20th April 2012, 11:25 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovelayer

If you try to sbf with the 5.6.890 it will fail and you will probably break your bootloader as the files have changed with the update and there is no "real" way back as of yet...BUT...
Q9Nap has helped out
" if you've actually flashed the 5.7.906 leak and need to fxz your device, the stock 5.6.890 fxz will fail becuase there are some components that cannot be reverted. here's a package of 5.7.906 fxz components you can drop in to your 5.6.890 fxz folder or zip so you can flash with rsdlite:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?r3i3ohwqirtk3b5

Hope it helps

So, flashing this .xml through RSD will push 5.7.906 to the phone? Because my phone refuses to accept any leak though stock recovery, but I can still flash it with AP Fastboot.
20th April 2012, 11:35 PM |#5  
ovelayer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag spokane
Thanks Meter: 362
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox985

So, flashing this .xml through RSD will push 5.7.906 to the phone? Because my phone refuses to accept any leak though stock recovery, but I can still flash it with AP Fastboot.

No theese are the files you need to add to your 5.6.890 sbf files so you can successfully flash back to 5.6.890 then you will need to install the 5.7.906 update again
21st April 2012, 05:56 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovelayer

No theese are the files you need to add to your 5.6.890 sbf files so you can successfully flash back to 5.6.890 then you will need to install the 5.7.906 update again

Oh, ok, so these are just the 5.6.890 FXZ files?
21st April 2012, 11:16 PM |#7  
Q9Nap's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 875
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox985

Oh, ok, so these are just the 5.6.890 FXZ files?

These are the 5.7.906 files that can't be reverted along with a modified xml file that has the proper md5 values for the new files.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 03:02 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q9Nap

These are the 5.7.906 files that can't be reverted along with a modified xml file that has the proper md5 values for the new files.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Hold on... Will flashing these through AP Fastboot put me on 5.7.906? I'm unable to flash a .zip leak though stock recovery. It fails when "flashing BP", bricks me, and I must FXZ to 5.6.890 to get it up and running again.

Here's a video showing what happens when I try to flash 5.7.894 (have only tried this since it can be 5.6.890 FXZ'd over).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1taHiSTzd7A
22nd April 2012, 04:26 AM |#9  
Q9Nap's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 875
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox985

Hold on... Will flashing these through AP Fastboot put me on 5.7.906? I'm unable to flash a .zip leak though stock recovery. It fails when "flashing BP", bricks me, and I must FXZ to 5.6.890 to get it up and running again.

Here's a video showing what happens when I try to flash 5.7.894 (have only tried this since it can be 5.6.890 FXZ'd over).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1taHiSTzd7A

You should only flash the package i made if you're trying to get back to 5.6.890 from 5.7.906. If you're on 5.7.894, you should still be able to flash the stock 5.6.890 fxz without any issues. Not sure why you're getting the error on bp; as long as you're using an unmodified 5.7.894 leak and stock recovery it should work fine. I'd try flashing 5.6.890 with rsdlite as it flashes all possible partitions; pete's moto-fastboot method doesn't flash everything.
22nd April 2012, 07:29 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q9Nap

You should only flash the package i made if you're trying to get back to 5.6.890 from 5.7.906. If you're on 5.7.894, you should still be able to flash the stock 5.6.890 fxz without any issues. Not sure why you're getting the error on bp; as long as you're using an unmodified 5.7.894 leak and stock recovery it should work fine. I'd try flashing 5.6.890 with rsdlite as it flashes all possible partitions; pete's moto-fastboot method doesn't flash everything.

I'm currently on 5.6.890 running various safestrapped ICS builds, but would like the updated radio from the newer leaks. I'm afraid to try anything higher than 5.7.894 because I know I can't go back...until now maybe with these files. My fear was I would flash 5.7.906 with stock recovery, get bricked, and be stuck there because it failed while flashing like 5.7.894 does to the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes