5,606,409 Members 33,546 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]U8800pro, HORSEMAGEDDON NEW , TV-OUT works , and GUIDE for returning to froyo

Tip us?

gkalenis
Old
(Last edited by gkalenis; 22nd April 2012 at 03:05 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1426
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitaxas View Post
Awaiting the new version of this ROM, seems to be the only one I can get running. Thanks for the work you have put in this. :)

Sent from my U8800-51 using xda premium
Thanks , hitaxas .....
Also , skipped , make a good job , because he found the trick to make this rom workable for U8800-51 ...
I'm glad that you like this rom , and be sure that you will never get any problem with this rom .....
I have allready uploaded the greek version ,, and tomorrow I will upload the multilang version .....
And I will give you the links .....

Sent from my U8800 Pro using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gkalenis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hitaxas
Old
Thanks Meter 9
BTW, I can get the ROM to work, but without 3g/4g. I followed the IMEI backup and even attempted the return to froyo package, but when trying the first update on that package, I get "Update Failed". So I am stuck without mobile data it seems.

gkalenis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1426
Quote:
BTW, I can get the ROM to work, but without 3g/4g. I followed the IMEI backup and even attempted the return to froyo package, but when trying the first update on that package, I get "Update Failed". So I am stuck without mobile data it seems.
Oh no .........
@SKIPPED , please if you can help , friend , hitaxas ...... how did you make mobile data works .....
If you could explain the exact procedure , to Hitaxas ......

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gkalenis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gkalenis
Old
(Last edited by gkalenis; 23rd April 2012 at 01:34 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1426
NEW RELEASE

HORSE POWER BLACK (Greek,English version )
http://www.mediafire.com/?ay4nn193r3dax1d

HORSE POWER BLACK , multilang version
http://www.mediafire.com/?nk9z325zaw7oj2i

just the links now , and i will refresh the first page later ...

IMPORTAND

After flashing this rom ,,,, "Fasten your seatbelts please"

Click image for larger version

Name:	20120421035453.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	1019603 .....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gkalenis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hitaxas
Old
(Last edited by hitaxas; 23rd April 2012 at 06:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
I went ahead and updated to this ROM, and it installs fine on my u8800-51. But, there are a few issues. First is that I cannot download or update any apps in the Google Play store, I get an error. Second is that overclocking is no longer available. The previous ROM let me boost the CPU to 1400 or so. Now I am stuck at the stock 800.

I love the theme of this ROM a lot, I just wish those 2 issues didn't exist.

(Also, still no 4g/3g... no clue why)

EDIT: I was able to get 4G working on HORSE V1 (I downgraded because I couldn't overclock on the new ROM).

Here is how I did it:

I downloaded a backup image of the stock 2.2 ROM, which was provided by savagehq, and linked in one of the topics skipped made.

I set the phone into pink screen mode and plugged it into my PC

I installed and opened Roadkil's Disk Image, I then burned the ROM image I downloaded to the phone (the physical disk that was around 3.6 GB)

After the burning/installation was finished I performed a factory reset using CWM.

I then reset the phone, and there I was back at stock 2.2 with working 4G.

I then rooted the phone and installed 5iromtoolbox.

I backed up the IMEI.

I then went back into CWM and installed HORSEV1, without doing any wipes.

I now have a working HORSEV1 ROM and working 4G.
Hopefully overclocking can be fixed on Power Black HORSE, then I will upgrade. =D
The Following User Says Thank You to hitaxas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gkalenis
Old
(Last edited by gkalenis; 23rd April 2012 at 01:36 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1426
F@@@CK

I FORGOT TO CHANGE THE KERNEL (boot.img)

UPLOADING THE OVERCLOCKED VERSIONS NOW (hitaxas ,probably your issues after this change maybe will be solved)

SORRY ,

IN ABOUT AN HOUR ,THE NEW LINKS WILL BE READY .... SORRY FOR THIS .....

EDIT
all links ready for downloading ....

@hitaxas
try the new ones with o/c kernel to see if your problem continues ....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gkalenis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skipped
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
I went ahead and updated to this ROM, and it installs fine on my u8800-51. But, there are a few issues. First is that I cannot download or update any apps in the Google Play store, I get an error. Second is that overclocking is no longer available. The previous ROM let me boost the CPU to 1400 or so. Now I am stuck at the stock 800.

I love the theme of this ROM a lot, I just wish those 2 issues didn't exist.

(Also, still no 4g/3g... no clue why)

EDIT: I was able to get 4G working on HORSE V1 (I downgraded because I couldn't overclock on the new ROM).

Here is how I did it:

I downloaded a backup image of the stock 2.2 ROM, which was provided by savagehq, and linked in one of the topics skipped made.

I set the phone into pink screen mode and plugged it into my PC

I installed and opened Roadkil's Disk Image, I then burned the ROM image I downloaded to the phone (the physical disk that was around 3.6 GB)

After the burning/installation was finished I performed a factory reset using CWM.

I then reset the phone, and there I was back at stock 2.2 with working 4G.

I then rooted the phone and installed 5iromtoolbox.

I backed up the IMEI.

I then went back into CWM and installed HORSEV1, without doing any wipes.

I now have a working HORSEV1 ROM and working 4G.
Hopefully overclocking can be fixed on Power Black HORSE, then I will upgrade. =D
Sorry man, I made that guide asumming people came from u8800-51 stock rom.. I will clarify that

Sent from my U8800pro using xda premium

gkalenis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1426
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipped View Post
Sorry man, I made that guide asumming people came from u8800-51 stock rom.. I will clarify that

Sent from my U8800pro using xda premium
Ιf you find me , the major "update app" , for u8800-51 , I can try to cook a rom for your device , maybe without any kind of problem....

skipped
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkalenis View Post
Ιf you find me , the major "update app" , for u8800-51 , I can try to cook a rom for your device , maybe without any kind of problem....

Thanks man, but its impossible. Many people attempted to find the "update.app" for u8800-51, but no one has it. Some people even contacted Huawei and their operators with no luck.. Thats why we have do go back to u8800-51 using an entire phone disk restore (from another person).

gkalenis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1426
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipped View Post
Thanks man, but its impossible. Many people attempted to find the "update.app" for u8800-51, but no one has it. Some people even contacted Huawei and their operators with no luck.. Thats why we have do go back to u8800-51 using an entire phone disk restore (from another person).
Ok , I search myself , and I didn't find anything .....
If you have a backup from stock rom , then open it and send me the , " system tar" file .... to see if I can do something with it .....