Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 37,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mirror screen protector

Tip us?

cbass
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default Mirror screen protector

Has anybody tried one on the Note yet? I had one on an old iPhone 3g, and my only complaint was that the screen wasn't bright enough to shine through properly. The screen on the Note is way brighter, so I'm thinking about giving it another go. Has anybody seen any in person yet on a Note?

Before I even submitted, I already ordered a three pack of cheap ones. Whoops. If it's obviously a quality problem (wavy), I'll buy nicer ones. If it's still too dark for me, I'll just pitch them.
The Following User Says Thank You to cbass For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cbass
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
They're here, and on. Install was on par with the typical screen film. That means I suck at it.

These first few were taken in my kitchen just after putting the film on, late afternoon facing east.

mirror front-101 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-100 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-103 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-102 by bccass, on Flickr

These were taken slightly later, but in a completely internal room to the house with flourescent lights behind me, and set on my MBP.

MBP screen off:

mirror front-104 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-103-2 by bccass, on Flickr

MBP Screen in screensaver mode:

mirror front-101-2 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-100-2 by bccass, on Flickr

mirror front-105 by bccass, on Flickr

And finally, I had to go manual adjustment to get it to focus on the reflection of the MBP screensaver:

mirror front-102-2 by bccass, on Flickr
Big screen for life. Except when they're broken...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cbass For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sag7392
Old
Thanks Meter 208
I have always wanted to see how those screen protectors looked on a device. It looks like it works well and doesn't diminish the view. How does it handle smudges? Thanks for taking the time to post.
Current Mobile- Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Current ROM- Official AOSP CarbonRom 1.6 JB 4.2.2 - Nightlies (courtesy of JamieD81)

Current Tablet- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Current ROM- CM10.1 4.2.2...yes JellyBean! (courtesy of pershoot)

Proud veteran member of the greatest and deadliest organization to walk the earth- USMC (0331/8152)

cbass
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Yeah, man. My only "real world" experience with it so far is low light at a bar/after hours. It was totally fine all night. In fact, in low light, I had a hard time telling it was reflective at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to cbass For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jb0nd38372
Old
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
Got a link to those? So far I've just been using my note in a case w / lip to protect the screen in case of a drop, and I don't carry it in my pocket with key's facing the screen anyway. I like the mirrored look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
Yeah, man. My only "real world" experience with it so far is low light at a bar/after hours. It was totally fine all night. In fact, in low light, I had a hard time telling it was reflective at all.

cbass
Old
(Last edited by cbass; 21st April 2012 at 07:44 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
I got these ones, so I have two more (should I decide that the two bubbles I made are unacceptable, or for when I break this phone and get a replacement)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...n=&s=&v=glance

jb0nd38372
Old
(Last edited by jb0nd38372; 21st April 2012 at 07:32 PM.) Reason: Think I found them.
Thanks Meter 68

DONATE TO ME
I don't know if you tried to link where I could purchase them, but i have looked on amazon and eBay and have yet to find them for the note. I have found them for the iPhone and every other phone made but not the note, GRR! LOL. Just as I posted this, I found these.. They the same as yours?

http://www.amazon.com/EMPIRE-Samsung...5033060&sr=8-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
I got these ones, so I have two more (should I decide that the two bubbles I made are unacceptable, or for when I break this phone and get a replacement)

fbauto1
Old
Thanks Meter 230

DONATE TO ME
I tried one when i had my iphone back then. I removed it after a few minutes. In my opinion they are ugly and they make the phone look cheap. Just my 2 cents

lactardjosh
Old
Thanks Meter 303

DONATE TO ME
I have bring productive to add, except +1 for Top Gear.

scotto541
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How does it hold up to S-pen use?