[APP]SMS FIX TIMESTAMP FIX for NRG'S GB ROM

OP elwaxman

20th April 2012, 01:46 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60

129 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulzmaster

I have ES File Explorer (what comes with the Rom) and I've been messing around with it. I get the new .apk copied but when I navigate to the system folder it says I don't have permission to do anything, I'm assuming because I haven't mounted the /system folder?

Edit- scratch that, I think I got it working. Won't be able to test to see if it worked but the icon is unthemed... So we shall see.

Also, through the "share" context menu, messaging doesn't pop up anymore, after a restart. Any way to change that?

I'm not sure why the share feature is not working with es file explorer but it works on root explorer, Lulzmaster check you pm box......

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334882673144.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	1014479  
21st April 2012, 08:49 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 215

1,485 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwaxman

I just changed the mms.apk that came with the rom, to one that i had on another rom(Bulletproof). And it worked like a charm, here is a screen shot of it..
Attachment 1004265

the link is at the bottom of post

Then just use root explorer mount as rw then make a backup of your mms.apk located in system/app (i would save it to the external sd card) then copy and paste the new mms.apk to system/app and set permissions..
I cant post to the development section yet so if anyone can put a link to this thread in nrg's thread that would be great.....

Thanks for the fix man. I used root explorer and text time stamp issue is fixed. thanks a bunch!
The Following User Says Thank You to ickedmel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 12:50 AM   |  #13  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 1

37 posts
More
Quote:

I just changed the mms.apk that came with the rom, to one that i had on another rom(Bulletproof). And it worked like a charm, here is a screen shot of it..

Then just use root explorer mount as rw then make a backup of your mms.apk located in system/app (i would save it to the external sd card) then copy and paste the new mms.apk to system/app and set permissions..
I cant post to the development section yet so if anyone can put a link to this thread in nrg's thread that would be great.....

Okay, I followed these instructions (files copied without any errors). When I click on the new mms.apk, it tries to install it as a system application (I have non-market installations allowed). However, when I click "Install" it does it's little thing and then says "Application not installed". Is there a step missing somewhere? Thanks.
22nd April 2012, 01:44 AM   |  #14  
Flag Colorado Springs

37 posts
More
Disregard. I thought I needed to reinstall. I just sent a text and it used the new apk.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA
22nd April 2012, 02:12 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member

129 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieg92

Disregard. I thought I needed to reinstall. I just sent a text and it used the new apk.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

Just make sure you set permissions in root explorer

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335057160093.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1018001
Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk
22nd April 2012, 03:13 AM   |  #16  
Flag Colorado Springs

37 posts
More
Quote:

Just make sure you set permissions in root explorer

For some reason I didn't need to do that. They were already set at rw-r--r--.

Thanks again.
The Following User Says Thank You to ernieg92 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 06:23 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 29

938 posts
tried it and my messaging vanished... ended up reinstalling the nrg rom.
29th April 2012, 06:32 PM   |  #18  
Flag Saint Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 70

275 posts
More
I pulled the stock mms.apk from the ICS leak rom. This could be identical to the one in the OP, but may want to try this one if on ICS Energy. Don't forget to fix permissions afterwards.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Mms.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.62 MB, 3 views)
29th April 2012, 07:39 PM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member

129 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangsters

tried it and my messaging vanished... ended up reinstalling the nrg rom.

The MMS.apk in the op was for NRG's Gb rom sense 3.0, i have been trying to fix the issue with ICS 3.6 rom but the problem i have is that the MMS.apk is odexed so cant seem to get it to stick....
29th April 2012, 07:49 PM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member

129 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MildewMan

I pulled the stock mms.apk from the ICS leak rom. This could be identical to the one in the OP, but may want to try this one if on ICS Energy. Don't forget to fix permissions afterwards.

Try pulling the the MMS.odex as well, make a backup of the original mms.apk and mms.odex and push the new ones to system/apps and set permissions, i went back to stock ics for now so i cant test this...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread