Thread Closed

Upgrade RAM?

OP Lord Inglip

12th April 2012, 11:00 AM   |  #71  
Flag Clarks Summit, PA
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
So many people saying it's impossible. It's not; nothing is impossible except dividing by zero, and falling in to a black hole and living to tell about it, and... well okay, I guess a lot of things are impossible, but this isn't.

It would however take much more skill and prior knowledge than you probably possess. After all, if you have the resources and knowledge, even if the RAM doesn't exist... you can make it.
15th April 2012, 01:11 PM   |  #72  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 18

76 posts
Donate to Me
More
Its been done, at least on xda exec

http://www.ppctechs.com/O2-XDA-Exec_...grades/RAM.htm

Its really depend on the type of RAM imo, and the availability of the higher density RAM wih same configuration
15th April 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #73  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 2,870

9,971 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne

You've all heard of Swap Partitions, haven't you? Technically, you aren't *replacing* The RAM on your phone, but you could always create a swap on an external sd, probably one with a higher class, so read/write speeds, and storing/recovering information would be much faster.
Just create one, via CWM, or your pc, and boot into the terminal emulator, and type "swap 0". Or, you could just get an app from the market, if you're too lazy to do all that.
Trust me, your phone does seem a tad faster after doing that.

If you've heard of all this, well, Pardonez-moi.

Not all phones are good with swap (some ROMs in the Galaxy Ace cause bootloops after making a swap).....and especially if your sdcard sucks (like a Class 2 or something)
22nd April 2012, 04:15 AM   |  #74  

34 posts
Wink Answer
In fact,it is impossible..after phone made,it's RAM can't change..
22nd April 2012, 02:22 PM   |  #75  
Flag Ho Chi Minh City
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
More
I think, can't upgrade RAm on any model mobile. because can effect to any device different inside mobile.

PS:Sorry for bad English
Last edited by hongromeo; 22nd April 2012 at 02:28 PM.
23rd April 2012, 10:32 AM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 24

69 posts
If it is possible, share how..

Sent from my Sensation 4G using xda premium
23rd April 2012, 11:51 AM   |  #77  

5 posts
Hairplayer: it's not commonly done but certainly 'possible'. Speaking with friends who've done that sort of thing (on embedded devices, not phones), the hardest thing is getting it all to fit together again, as well as being careful to not short circuit stuff as you solder the new module back in.

Best option: check out the manufacturer of the RAM component (either through the phone's spec sheets or the writing on the component itself) and select the most similar module (same model/line) with more space. Then, desolder, solder in the new chip and cross your fingers. I'm not 100% sure with Android but you may need to slightly modify the ROM as well (less of a problem if you chose a similar chip). It's a bit hit and miss and by no means an exact science, and generally turns out ugly.

If you're interested, check out the dd-wrt forums, these kinds of operations are relatively common on routers (similarly embedded devices). The big difference there is that there's a lot more space to work with there and the components are a little easier to access and more spaced out.
Last edited by acoy; 23rd April 2012 at 11:55 AM.
27th April 2012, 06:45 AM   |  #78  

31 posts
it would be nice if it is possible
30th April 2012, 01:03 AM   |  #79  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
has anyone been successful at this?
30th April 2012, 07:22 AM   |  #80  
Thanks Meter: 344

619 posts
More
Here you go!

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IAmAN00bie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread