XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe - Custom CM7.2 for Nook Color - 07272013

Tip us?

rampart51
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser88 View Post
I updated to the 4/16 build a couple of days ago and it works great, except my NC has gone back into the sleep of death a couple of times since. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Sent from my NookColor using XDA
Funny you should ask. Just got my 3rd one since upgrading to 4/16

deboyz1014
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Nope, flashed 3 NC and all are working fine with latest update. Probably due to some apps or running process perhaps?

360Razir
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Was on Mirage for awhile and then moved over to Sam's build of CM9, but it was a tad sluggish compared to 7.1 Mirage. The other thing that I greatly missed on CM9 was not being able to play HD Youtube videos. So, I am now back on Mirage with the 4/16 build and I am still not able to watch HD Youtube videos. I thought that issue was fixed a very long time ago? Or am I just confused with all the bouncing around with the ROMs lately? Is anyone able to run Youtube videos in HD? If so, what ROM, version, kernel, and Youtube rev? Thanks.

frankusb
Old
(Last edited by frankusb; 21st April 2012 at 10:12 PM.) Reason: found link
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360Razir View Post
Was on Mirage for awhile and then moved over to Sam's build of CM9, but it was a tad sluggish compared to 7.1 Mirage. The other thing that I greatly missed on CM9 was not being able to play HD Youtube videos. So, I am now back on Mirage with the 4/16 build and I am still not able to watch HD Youtube videos. I thought that issue was fixed a very long time ago? Or am I just confused with all the bouncing around with the ROMs lately? Is anyone able to run Youtube videos in HD? If so, what ROM, version, kernel, and Youtube rev? Thanks.
You'll have to go to the previous version of the Youtube app. The current version does not play HQ. If you unselect HQ in the latest version it will play.

Odd, I thought I read CM9 handled HQ Youtube now somewhere.

Frank
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frankusb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Scarab1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Sleep of death?

Hi,

Wondering if we can get a good definition of "sleep of death"?

I first heard about this last Fall when 7.1 was released and at that time the definition was the device would not wake up from sleeping. The screen would stay black, forcing you to reboot. At the time this was diagnosed as a Wi-Fi issue, if I remember right, and dalingrin made a fix to the kernel.

Is this description still what people are seeing?

Just wondering as I've been running a couple of different 7.1 ROMs since last Fall and have never had this sleep of death, but I have been having freeze-ups ever since I first tried a 7.1 ROM. By freeze-up, I mean that I'm working fine and the Nook just freezes. Sometimes it gets really sluggish for a couple of seconds just before the freeze.

After freezing I have to reboot.

I've had the same issue with two different 7.1 or 7.1+ ROM builds, MiRaGe's and another one from last Fall (I don't remember who created it). I've had three or four of MiRaGe's since around December.

Changing the CPU governor, Min and Max CPU speeds, running V6 Supercharger, or any other performance tweaks I've found have not made any difference.

Freezes happen whether Wi-Fi is on or off, whether I'm writing to the mSD card or not. Windows disk check found no errors on the mSD and even after reformatting it, I still get freezes.

Freezes can happen after 5 minutes of use or after an hour of use. Sometimes I'll get a couple of freezes within less than 30 minutes.

Freezes happen whether I'm running MiRaGe's modular kernel or the original monolithic kernel.

I'm not running Beautiful Widgets and never have.

I never had any freezes when running 7.0.3 (which was rock solid) and no apps were installed after upgrading to my first 7.1 ROM before the freezes started up.

Currently I'm running MiRaGe's 4/16 ROM from eMMC.

Any one else seeing anything like this?

Any suggestions on a fix?

Of course, I'm hoping to avoid a complete wipe of all data and a fresh install. :)

Thanks,

Steve

Eugene_N
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problems and all...

well, first of all, I wanted to thank Mirage for all his wonderful work!

but... until half an hour ago I was on 03/04 and my wifi stopped working,
doesn't even scan for existing networks... let alone connect to my home network,
flash 04/16 and still nothing... any thoughts?

jgaf
Old
Thanks Meter 385

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene_N View Post
well, first of all, I wanted to thank Mirage for all his wonderful work!

but... until half an hour ago I was on 03/04 and my wifi stopped working,
doesn't even scan for existing networks... let alone connect to my home network,
flash 04/16 and still nothing... any thoughts?
Go into your wirless settings and forget every network you have, then reboot and it should work.
The Following User Says Thank You to jgaf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dxxvi
Old
Thanks Meter 13
How to go to the previous version of YouTube? I just went to the play store and saw some latest comments saying being able to view YouTube in HD?

Sent from my NookColor using XDA

Sincitybronze
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Just noticed that there's no option to sync bookmarks like there is in ICS. Is there a way to make this happen? Seems like we can sync everything else. Do I need a new version of gapps or something?

boomn
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincitybronze View Post
Just noticed that there's no option to sync bookmarks like there is in ICS. Is there a way to make this happen? Seems like we can sync everything else. Do I need a new version of gapps or something?
There are 3rd party apps on the market that can do some form of syncing, but nothing like that is available from Google for Android 2.3 or earlier

The Following User Says Thank You to boomn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]