Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,934 Members 52,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Roms do not work properly

Tip us?

Nonverbose
Old
(Last edited by Nonverbose; 12th April 2012 at 07:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by freidchikin View Post
My hboot version is 1.16, s-on with htc bootloader unlock. Then used clockwork mod recovery. I thought ya didnt need s-off?

And yes it still screwed up after doing boot.img (i tried it before on both roms)
Correct. You do not need s-off to flash a custom rom. I strongly advise against attempting to get s-off if you cannot correctly flash a rom.

You mentioned "tried doing" a boot.img. You cannot use the one in your cwm backup folder as this is not the right one. It must be from the rom you wish to install. This must be done EVERY TIME you change rom on an unlocked bootloader. You should also be wiping cache, dalvik and data.
Phone: Incredible S s-off
Hboot: Revolutionary
Recovery: 4EXT touch
Kernel: Redux
Radio: 3831.18.00.28_M

freidchikin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
There is no ruu available for downgrade- i checked. Are you guys sure i need s-off to run miui?

freidchikin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Same problem. I flashed boot.img from the right rom. I did all of those procedures and it still constantly restarts. Also wifi no work. What wrong with miui?

AymaR13
Old
(Last edited by AymaR13; 16th April 2012 at 10:25 AM.) Reason: the last point about s-off
Thanks Meter 8
Default My two cents.. and two questions

Quote:
Same problem. I flashed boot.img from the right rom. I did all of those procedures and it still constantly restarts. Also wifi no work. What wrong with miui?
Did you remember to do a "wipe data/factory reset" and wipe the dalwik cache before installing the ROM? Did you see any error messages right after the installation?

Does CM7 restart as well, or is it only MIUI? I remember this happening to me with Virtuous Quattro, and the download file turned out to be faulty. Check that as well.

And no, you do not need s-off to run MIUI.

freidchikin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
yes, i did all of that. I do not think the download file is faulty, but i dont know how to check. No, only miui is the rebooting, cyanogen mod only has wifi problem

AymaR13
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
yes, i did all of that. I do not think the download file is faulty, but i dont know how to check. No, only miui is the rebooting, cyanogen mod only has wifi problem
I have had WiFi problems with MIUI, but not the one you describe here, and have never seen this with any of the ROMs I have had on my phone, specially Cyanogen. Have you tried flashing Virtuous Quattro or Kaijura's Ice Cream Sandwich?

And to check the downloads, use an md5 checker; there are many available on the internet for free.

freidchikin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well miui keeps crashing, so i gave up on it.

I am using cyanogen stable 7.1 and everything is working fine except wifi. It wont detect any networks and sometimes it would say that the wifi or settings is not responding. Does anyone know how to fix the wifi?