Random Off Topic Official Thread 2012 Edition

Search This thread

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
Military service isn't a requirement for the secret service, they do have former military agents but the majority of them are civilians with high education levels. That's why I don't understand how many of them want the job, you are a babysitter/body armor. The former military ppl get the good jobs like tactical where you work as the outer band of security checking the route in advance, checking id's and scouting/sniping. The one thing alot of ppl don't know is the non personal detail agents carry mp5s with integrated suppressors on a y-sling under their coats.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
Crazy, but I will def take it. Go Papa go.

ropodope

"Told you I'd be back. Say you miss me. Say it like you mean it!' - David Lee Roth

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
;)

so how does being a mod work? do you report to like M_T_M who then goes to the_scotsman who then goes Conantroutman (really cool mod)? or just go to EGZ?

free dirk, that would make my year :D
NOT sure but from my experience in talking to MODS about stuff, they tend NOT to discuss things like that.....at least in public that is :)

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta
;)

so how does being a mod work? do you report to like M_T_M who then goes to the_scotsman who then goes Conantroutman (really cool mod)? or just go to EGZ?

free dirk, that would make my year :D

Those would be three senior mods and egz is the member liaison. Im assigned to the evo section and the e4gt sections at this time. senior mods step in when things get out of control.

I have no control over who gets unbanned. U can petition egzthunder01 for that as he is the man who goes over disputes of member bans

.Elite_The_King.

Sep 26, 2011
Los Angeles
Those would be three senior mods and egz is the member liaison. Im assigned to the evo section and the e4gt sections at this time. senior mods step in when things get out of control.

I have no control over who gets unbanned. U can petition egzthunder01 for that as he is the man who goes over disputes of member bans
Can you try to get iinto the EvoLTE I would really like you to be over at thread when it starts Papa Smurf151

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To any and all mods who looked into this matter, thank you (huge shout to Josh!). To the unbelievable outpouring of support toward me from both fans and non fans alike, thank you. To mazdarider, lawson, the kid, marcus, papa smurf, atyoung, mazwoz, and many others, thank you. To anyone I may have helped whether it be through pm, posts or info shared/confirmed, thank you. And finally I would like to say 4 more things. I will no longer be so easily goaded into pissing matches with the unarmed (not worth it), that there is a difference between ignorance and stupidity, that my evo runs deck'd out cartwheels over all of you and that carhauler1969 is the best friend a guy could ever want!

back to the drawing board. Let's do this.

EvOG for life!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS3WNt7yRU&feature=youtube_gdata_playerhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx86CxKYtg0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ropodope

P.s. Crazy thanks and much love.

You can't get romantic on a subway line. Conductor don't like it says you're wasting your time.
    Sheez, this was supposed to be a fun OT thread now... ok, few points in here...

1. 4bdnf8 was a puppy account from PyreKing...

attachment.php

So, if you were wondering why they were defending each other... that is why :p (and no, they were not puppies from King, which I presumed after reading the post.

2. XDA never has and never will have issues with other sites. Upper management over at RW and XDA collaborate because we all share one common goal... Their mission statement is in fact similar to XDA's and just like Papa said, you will find most work over there as well as here, unless of course the member in question swears off from xda, in which case... it is just plain childish. The entire RW vs XDA is a made up story that is baseless and untrue. We do not see RW as a competing site, period. From time to time, you will see people trying to mass herd other devs and followers to do an "exodus" to RW, AC, anddev (as in this case), etc.... The only thing that XDA does is provide a playground for devs to collaborate and interact with each other. Non devs and people with less experience will undoubtedly come along to learn (in the best case scenario) and to leech and annoy (in the worst case scenario). Unfortunately, this always happens both here and in real life as well (or aren't you the "tech wiz" around your family and friends whom later on consider you to be tech support to save $50 from going to Best Buy just to get a "geek" tell them that their PC has a virus and that they need to fork out an extra $30 to get rid of it?).

3. Moderation: This is always a hot button issue. As I told someone a while back, we have a body of roughly 150 moderators and we all have somewhat different ways of moderating. It isn't a matter of being power hungry overlords, but rather than some people are simply harsher than others when shelling out punishment for rule breaches. I personally always like comparing this to real life scenarios... If you are speeding in the highway and get pulled over, the cop that pulled you over could potentially: a. Give you a ticket; b. Reduce your "recorded" speed so that the fine is not that heavy/no points added to your license; c. Let you off with a warning; d. Throw your ass in jail and revoke your license for reckless driving even if you only had a small moving violation. Moderators are the same in this case, just as stated earlier, some are harsher than others.

We are always attempting to have lines of communication open within team to avoid stepping onto someone else's toes/double action the same thing, etc. For instance, -EviL- Konceptz ban was likely a miscommunication between the mod who dealt the infraction and the one who banned you. I found the post for which you were infracted and saying that you were out of line for the comments in it would be an understatement and the infraction was indeed well deserved. Ban you for it? Unless you did something else afterwards, probably not the best course of action. My guess is that both acted at the same time/weren't aware that the other was acting, and as stated earlier, one was harsher than the other.... All in all, sorry for the trouble and the ban, but at least the infraction was indeed well deserved, I will be honest with you.

4. Mikechannon does not own XDA.... :p He is the site admin but admin =/= owner. Also, US$2.5M/month in ad revenue.... Holy crap!!! Where? I want some of that!!! Hell, I will quit my day job and become rich from sitting on my behind :p... In all seriousness, the site has a ton of monthly costs to cover, and believe me that the site (and I don't manage the finances of it) can barely pay the costs to run.

5. The chad.goodman issue is one that is still driving the entire moderation team upside down as there are tons of conflicting views on how to handle such a case. I am personally looking into it to see if there is anything to be done at all. Virus is a different story altogether. Even if he has Infected, he has not left xda, but rather is busy with real life.

Well, that about sums it up. I hope I could clear a few points here. Also, big shout to all who mentioned my name with a positive remark following :)

Now, can we take this back to talking about Papa riding that bear?
    Wow! The show of support for Ropodope in the EVO forums is overwhelming, & a nice change from the norm on these forums. I know Ropodope personally, we've met a few times for coffee & lunch. He is not a racist, & was wrongly accused and setup by two members that are on lifetime bans from this site for various reasons including racial comments & stealing other peoples work, not to mention stealing personal information to facilitate electronic wire fraud by hacking their donors' Paypal accounts with the purpose of stealing money.
    My view of this whole situation of what led to Ropodope getting a lifetime ban is this: if the two low lifes (who are permanently banned from this site) had not circumvented the system by hiding behind VPN's in order to gain access to the site to facilitate engaging rope in a trolling fashion this never would have happened. Bottom line: if they hadn't been on the site rope would not have been banned, period.
    Therefore I believe his ban should be lifted & his account restored to it's prior state.
    Ropodope has an undying willingness to help people with their rooted EVOs, at times people that are either incapable of following simple instructions, or unwilling to actually do any research for themselves grate on his last nerve. And rightfully so, his knowledge of the EVO & Android in general come from months of research, and trial & error while trying different mods on his phone. Between the two of us there isn't a mod or tweak that we haven't tried on the EVO, trust me we've tried everything at least once at one time or another since rooting our phones.
    So does rope come off as an ass sometimes? Sure, we all do. But he is more than willing to help anyone who will take the time to follow instructions and hopefully learn something along the way.
    The last thing rope would ever be is a racist, opinionated yes, racist never.

-carhauler1969

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    From Ropodope again :

Hey tell that virus lover that it is true. Virus never completed his roms and leaves people hanging on. Follow his rom history and you will see that. I stated a fact I never put him down personally. Now when he finally came back guess what. Every update had more and more and more problems, then he left again. That had nothing to do with me. So he can just deal with it. ......Ropodope!

He also says thanks for the thread being made for him.

Hopefully we will see him back!
    I never said he was racist, I said he was short tempered, and scared away new members to the community. I didn't like his style and I think the mods made a good decision. I never had a discussion with him because he never posted anything that couldn't be found by reading myself.

Edit: I have no idea why I keep posting in this thread. I will honor your guys' wishes. I am done posting in here.

I don't really care for you nor have I ever seen you post around here. I don't see you posting in the q&a helping others or developing roms, mods, or tweaks. Its people like you that the rest of, us who actually do help, and develop, get pissed off and go off on you. Go back to being a Lurker instead of voicing ur opinion on a subject you clearly know nothing about.

On a side note I've pm'd the portal admin and I passed along a few screenshots that someone gave me. Now if this admin doesn't feel like addressing this then I have no problem going public with the screenshots that I was given. I'm sure this super mod would not want his name to be revealed nor the backroom deals and conspiring that he was conducting with the thief (jerrad) to get rope and hopefully others banned. I can post this screenshot here and in many other places that mods dwell to see how shady a supposedly upstanding mod really is. I'm not banning names as of yet but if I had to guess he shaking in his kilt right bout now