Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 49,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Would you like to see UbunTop as an upgrade for WebTop+?
Keep UbunTop separate. 47 19.50%
Make UbunTop a upgrade to WebTop+. 84 34.85%
Have UbunTop as both standalone and upgrade. 110 45.64%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

please delete

Tip us?

Gack69
Old
Thanks Meter 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
As of 23:57 GMT -5 April 20, 2012 I have started the closing of Imperium Initiate website. The final wipe and domain release will occur on April 30th.

This thread is now for reference only and will no longer be maintained.
Are any of the files mirrored? In particular I am interested in: WebTop+ v1.2b with UbunTop Upgrade. I am hoping to flash that over top of Cybiks CM7 for this functionality.
by @strongsteve
Sprint Galaxy Note 3
Rooted (Thanks Chainfire!)

bricky23
Old
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gack69 View Post
Are any of the files mirrored? In particular I am interested in: WebTop+ v1.2b with UbunTop Upgrade. I am hoping to flash that over top of Cybiks CM7 for this functionality.
That won't work with cm7, or any non blur rom....yet
Sent from?

Gack69
Old
Thanks Meter 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by bricky23 View Post
That won't work with cm7, or any non blur rom....yet
Yet? You TEASE!! You know something...

by @strongsteve
Sprint Galaxy Note 3

Gack69
Old
Thanks Meter 516
Quick question for those who have a lapdock. I've modded an Atrix lapdock to work with my Mopho. I am interested in installing on Rocko's blur ROM, but torn on which to flash over top. Do I want to install webtop + Ubuntop Upgrade, or Ubuntop 1.2 standalone. I will not be using on HDMI dock but ONLY on the modded Lapdock. Which option is most appropriate or best suited for lapdock? That being said...what is the difference between the two? The standalone is a significantly larger file to flash.

TIA.
by @strongsteve
Sprint Galaxy Note 3

hellot1M
Old
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Quick question for those who have a lapdock. I've modded an Atrix lapdock to work with my Mopho. I am interested in installing on Rocko's blur ROM, but torn on which to flash over top. Do I want to install webtop + Ubuntop Upgrade, or Ubuntop 1.2 standalone. I will not be using on HDMI dock but ONLY on the modded Lapdock. Which option is most appropriate or best suited for lapdock? That being said...what is the difference between the two? The standalone is a significantly larger file to flash.

TIA.
Or wait for the new Ubuntu phone OS. (Not Ubuntu for android which I wouldn't be surprised if was included as an HDMI feature like the photon does with webtop

Sent from my I9300 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to hellot1M For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hoslayer13
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:

TIA.
I think the standalone ubuntop had synaptic broken. Web top+ and the upgrade would make it stand alone except it would have residual install/config files from using the commands ubuntop upgrade folder

Sent from my MB855

studentjunk
Old
Thanks Meter 193
If i am understanding, you want to Ron ubuntop and are trying to figure out which to install. They both have the same end result. The upgrade was made a few days earlier, and then he made the full. I think the end result is the upgrade is slightly larger after everything is installed. I remember asking a similar question earlier in the thread.
Sent from my MB855 using XDA
Mogul --> Touch Pro --> EVO 4G --> Motorola Photon --> Galaxy S3 --> Galaxy S5
The Following User Says Thank You to studentjunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,277

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
what is the difference between the two? The standalone is a significantly larger file to flash.

TIA.
Webtop+ is LXDE and no extras. UbunTop is XFCE and all the apps listed in the OP. If you have a fast connection the upgrade to Ubuntop takes about 20mins. If you don't want to wait then the standalone installs in about half the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdeaton View Post
Or wait for the new Ubuntu phone OS. (Not Ubuntu for android which I wouldn't be surprised if was included as an HDMI feature like the photon does with webtop

The last time I talked to Canonical both Ubuntu for Android and Ubuntu phone OS are for handset manufacturers and carriers only. I wouldn't expect to see either any time soon unless there's a lot going on behind the scenes that nobody has caught wind of.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3,277

DONATE TO ME
I have found a solution and am up and running again. It's not perfect but does offset running costs so I'll go with it. Here's the updated info.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hellot1M
Old
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
Webtop+ is LXDE and no extras. UbunTop is XFCE and all the apps listed in the OP. If you have a fast connection the upgrade to Ubuntop takes about 20mins. If you don't want to wait then the standalone installs in about half the time.

The last time I talked to Canonical both Ubuntu for Android and Ubuntu phone OS are for handset manufacturers and carriers only. I wouldn't expect to see either any time soon unless there's a lot going on behind the scenes that nobody has caught wind of.
But eventually the source should be released to the public right? Maybe once their first product is released. Ubuntu is open source I just don't see them keeping the source closed but is understanding with waiting for a product to showcase the new is which I can see being released or demoed sometime this year or early next

Tags
photon, ubuntu, webtop