View Poll Results: which launcher should be installed by default?
trebuchet (current) 336 44.04%
nova launcher (default in AOKP for phones) 427 55.96%
Voters: 763. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] [ICS|MTD] [GSM/CDMA] AOKP SGT7 - Milestone #6 (19/09/2012)

22nd April 2012, 03:52 AM   |  #921  
Flag Savannah, GA
Thanks Meter: 323

1,009 posts
More
ROM Control is definitely a key feature. This tab was pretty much in the hands of my daughters for the last few months(Very well built based on all the drops it has seen). Now they don't get a chance to use it since I flashed build 31.
The Following User Says Thank You to dxwilliams40 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 04:04 AM   |  #922  
Thanks Meter: 510

558 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxwilliams40

ROM Control is definitely a key feature. This tab was pretty much in the hands of my daughters for the last few months(Very well built based on all the drops it has seen). Now they don't get a chance to use it since I flashed build 31.

Lol! That's hilarious. Seriously, definitely not the out-of-the-box experience from when we all first fired up our Tabs. We've come a long ways since those Froyo days.

Btw, did you have a hard case on yours? Just curious how it endured those "drops"?? Yikes!
22nd April 2012, 05:41 AM   |  #923  
Flag Highlands
Thanks Meter: 22

142 posts
Donate to Me
More
Went from Overcome 4.0 GB to StimpZor ICS 4.04 build 31 then back to Overcome 4.10 GB due to camera, battery and thinkfree issues. I think camera is fixed? What remains is Thinkfree, please include at build 33 or at least teach me how to restore my thinkfree backup from titanium, it wont restore. Maybe because its in the system folder and titanium cannot mount/write to it?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA
22nd April 2012, 07:22 AM   |  #924  
Flag Puchong
Thanks Meter: 176

911 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpax

Went from Overcome 4.0 GB to StimpZor ICS 4.04 build 31 then back to Overcome 4.10 GB due to camera, battery and thinkfree issues. I think camera is fixed? What remains is Thinkfree, please include at build 33 or at least teach me how to restore my thinkfree backup from titanium, it wont restore. Maybe because its in the system folder and titanium cannot mount/write to it?

Eventho it came with our tab, it's not free to distribute. So don't expect it to come with any custom rom. Either you do it yourself by moving it to /system/app and give it proper permission and hoping for the best, or just find another replacement app.

Why is it so hard for certain people to understand there aren't free lunch all the time, especially when they don't work for it?
22nd April 2012, 08:17 AM   |  #925  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,324

477 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpax

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcx

Eventho it came with our tab, it's not free to distribute. So don't expect it to come with any custom rom. Either you do it yourself by moving it to /system/app and give it proper permission and hoping for the best, or just find another replacement app.

Why is it so hard for certain people to understand there aren't free lunch all the time, especially when they don't work for it?

fastcx is right, i will NEVER include thinkfree office with AOKP, nor will it ever come with any other custom rom with ICS. just because it was free with the galaxytab doesnt extend that to custom roms. as fastcx said, either pay for it, use another program, or go back to gingerbread and stop complaining in ICS forums that it doesn't come with what you want.

secondly, camera is now fixed with ICS, and the battery life is fine. again, if its not good enough for you, go back to gingerbread and live in the past.

i (and the other developers) get nothing for doing these roms for everyone (and i have limited time to do them in considering i have a full time job, and 2 kids), in return, you should really not demand for anything, and just enjoy the fact that its there and it (mostly) works. i (we) dont owe you anything.

--- on other news ---

build #33 is currently working on my tablet, but the recent additions to wifi seem to break it, it looks like i have to rebuild to get it working properly again. wifi will still work, but the MAC address will be the usual one, not the one from your tablet (it seems that set-macaddr isnt working with this build).

the good news is though, the navbar features work fine now. 90% of the features i have added though dont work . besides the kernel (and integrated camera fix), dont expect much difference on this version in regards to our tablets.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to stimpz0r For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 10:30 AM   |  #926  
Thanks Meter: 33

165 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpz0r

--- on other news ---

build #33 is currently working on my tablet, but the recent additions to wifi seem to break it, it looks like i have to rebuild to get it working properly again. wifi will still work, but the MAC address will be the usual one, not the one from your tablet (it seems that set-macaddr isnt working with this build).

the good news is though, the navbar features work fine now. 90% of the features i have added though dont work . besides the kernel (and integrated camera fix), dont expect much difference on this version in regards to our tablets.

Congrats to stimpz0r, and other developers, what you are doing with this ROM, in my mind borders into the realms of high-priesthood. I, and many others, would not have the faintest idea where to start rebuilding. The best I can do I continue to report back on any supposed anomalies to see if other users face similar issues or if rather I am encountering obstacles of my own making.

Speaking of which: I haven't noticed many comments recently on voltages and CPU/Mhz/governors and ROM control. The issue I encounter is that when I adjust minimum CPU to 100 mhz in Rom Control, upon exiting settings the minimum returns to 200 mhz.The same applies when using apps like voltage control, and in both cases I am ticking the "... on boot" option. Also, not clear yet whether in "deep sleep" we are on 100 or 200 mhz.
Just wondering if other users face a similar issue.

Thanks again for a fantastic GTab experience - honestly we have never had it so good!

Greets from Spain

Enviado desde mi GT-P1000 usando Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 12:32 PM   |  #927  
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
Wink
I ve been using build 31 for past two to three days and I just wanted to salute the developer. Man, this is just an amazing Rom and I've fallen in love with it.. totally. Thanks heaps.:)

Just few questions if somebody can help. I don find call settings in the list. I always forward the calls to my other phone. I also use an app to forward all calls but none worked. Pls help.
Also, I switched off the mobile data/3g and never able to get it started again. I've tried restarting several times. I noticed one more thing, I am unable to play Brothers in arms game on the tab.

Camera force closes sometimes guess the build 33 will solve this.

Otherwise I'm super excited and again thanks to the developer for this fantastic rom.
22nd April 2012, 12:45 PM   |  #928  
Flag Puchong
Thanks Meter: 176

911 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hariharan321

I ve been using build 31 for past two to three days and I just wanted to salute the developer. Man, this is just an amazing Rom and I've fallen in love with it.. totally. Thanks heaps.:)

Just few questions if somebody can help. I don find call settings in the list. I always forward the calls to my other phone. I also use an app to forward all calls but none worked. Pls help.
Also, I switched off the mobile data/3g and never able to get it started again. I've tried restarting several times. I noticed one more thing, I am unable to play Brothers in arms game on the tab.

Otherwise I'm super excited and again thanks to the developer for this fantastic rom.

Phone setting is within phone app, it's not listed in the setting menu
22nd April 2012, 02:10 PM   |  #929  
Flag Gorontalo
Thanks Meter: 106

334 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hariharan321

Yes, We should, tons billion of thanks will never worth for all great dev who involved on this great ics cm9/aokp rom since samsung leave our gtab and throw it on the garbage.
For phone setting look for Fastcx posting above.
For 3g/mobile data go to dialer type this *#*#4636#*#* pick tablet information, chek if radio has been turn off.
I'm able to play BIM, try download a new one, then just restore your data from TB.
Camera force close sometimes, its ok I thought....., better then never
22nd April 2012, 03:56 PM   |  #930  
Flag Savannah, GA
Thanks Meter: 323

1,009 posts
More
The devs definitely don't owe us anything. We should just appreciate what we get. None of these custom roms are official so there will be trade offs. Did we even officially get gingerbread? I believe the Verizon version did, but I believe it was chainfire and alterbridge that got us up an running on a rooted version of gingerbread. I could be wrong, but thats where my flash came from. Sure all of the apps that I once ran on gingerbread don't work, but I have a lot of goodies on build 31 that I never had a chance to use on gb.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread