Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 44,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q_Q] Word processor?

Tip us?
 
Keion
Old
#1  
Keion's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 350
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Danville, California

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q_Q] Word processor?

Does anyone know of a free or paid word processor that can
a) edit font type, size italics bold and underline
b) set page margins along with header and footer
and c) have spellcheck and/or grammar check
with a ok looking UI that is compatible with the prime?

Sent from my tf9001 with XDA XD.
 
The Grey Elf
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2012
I don't know that there are any with spell/grammar check but having used QuickOffice Pro HD, Kingsoft Office, and OfficeSuite Pro 6 (all of which are on my Prime right now), I can't give a high enough recommendation to OfficeSuite Pro 6. It's head and shoulders above the rest of the office programs out there.

Kingsoft Office is 100% free, and well worth it to have; it suffers largely from not being able to search for text or jump to pages, and I don't think it handles bullets and lists and such very well; however, for a free office app it's pretty full-featured.

OfficeSuite Pro just keeps getting better and better with each release, and I expect it won't be long before they add spell and grammar check, and the ability to create headers and footers (it supports headers and footers in pre-existing docs now). It's $15 or $20, I think, but well worth the purchase price.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to The Grey Elf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
toutcoule
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2012
Default kingsoft

Kingsoft is a very complete wP, and includes page setup functionalities, you can set the paper type/size as well as the margins, but so far header and footer are not part of the package, as far as i can tell. also lack of del (shift + backspace) and lack of ctrl + direction keys to advance one word at a time are annoying;

still recommend because the support team is very responsive and with time and community feedback it could become a really solid wP
The Following User Says Thank You to toutcoule For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Keion
Old
#4  
Keion's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 350
Posts: 1,312
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Danville, California

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grey Elf View Post
I don't know that there are any with spell/grammar check but having used QuickOffice Pro HD, Kingsoft Office, and OfficeSuite Pro 6 (all of which are on my Prime right now), I can't give a high enough recommendation to OfficeSuite Pro 6. It's head and shoulders above the rest of the office programs out there.

Kingsoft Office is 100% free, and well worth it to have; it suffers largely from not being able to search for text or jump to pages, and I don't think it handles bullets and lists and such very well; however, for a free office app it's pretty full-featured.

OfficeSuite Pro just keeps getting better and better with each release, and I expect it won't be long before they add spell and grammar check, and the ability to create headers and footers (it supports headers and footers in pre-existing docs now). It's $15 or $20, I think, but well worth the purchase price.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA
Sounds good, already have Kingsoft.

Sent from my tf9001 with XDA XD.
 
tylermaciaszek
Old
#5  
tylermaciaszek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 264
Posts: 1,418
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Selden
Use OnLive Desktop it is hands down the best thing out there!
Don't forget to thank me if I say something helpful

If you're gonna troll, at least be good at it.
 
BiggerH
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 36
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylermaciaszek View Post
Use OnLive Desktop it is hands down the best thing out there!
Still not released in UK
 
tylermaciaszek
Old
#7  
tylermaciaszek's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 264
Posts: 1,418
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Selden
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerH View Post
Still not released in UK
Check your PM(:
Don't forget to thank me if I say something helpful

If you're gonna troll, at least be good at it.
 
virtualspeed
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Oct 2011
hello. I'm asking this here for avoiding create a new thread.
I'm having problems with polaris office. The main problem is when switching through apps I loose everithing I wrote after some time (if I don't save the file). It seems that the program is cleaned from memory...
Is there any solution to this? Is there any other office app that doesn't do this?

thanks
 
The Grey Elf
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Mar 2012
See my response above as to good alternatives. Polaris office is awful.
 
almightywhacko
Old
#10  
almightywhacko's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 111
Posts: 492
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeoxys View Post
Does anyone know of a free or paid word processor that can
a) edit font type, size italics bold and underline
b) set page margins along with header and footer
and c) have spellcheck and/or grammar check
with a ok looking UI that is compatible with the prime?

Sent from my tf9001 with XDA XD.
Aside from grammar checking Polaris Office can do all of these things. Spell check works through the normal Android spell checking system that gets applied to everything you type. It might not be as robust as you were looking for, but it is there.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Sony PS4 Remote Play Ported to All Android Devices

Im pretty sure that every informed gamer out there perked their ears up when Sony came out … more

Change Your Samsung Galaxy S2’s Dialer Background in Real Time

As with anything, if youve looked at something long enough, things can … more

Increase Your Multitasking Workflow with C-Floating Windows

Technology has put life on the fast track. Lazy, relaxed days have turned into … more

Compile Your Own Kernel From Source with Comprehensive Tutorial

One glance at any developer section of any device forum on XDA and youll find … more