5,594,151 Members 46,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Blank SD card

Tip us?

xxmorph3u5xx
Old
(Last edited by xxmorph3u5xx; 20th April 2012 at 12:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Okay.. go into recovery and try to format sd card from there. Many users have had problems with pc formatted microsd's. If you're on 4ext recovery try a file system check from tools menu first..it might help.
PS: You can first try to mount the sd card from recovery while usb attached to pc. If windows sees it, it might be a rom or kernel issue.
Let me know how this turns up. Best of luck!
Device: HTC ONE [M7]
History: Bosch COM509, Ericsson T20e, Sony Ericsson T310, Sony Ericsson T610, Nokia 6600, Nokia 6630, Nokia 7710, Nokia N72, Nokia N95, Nokia N97mini, HTC Desire S, HTC One S
The Following User Says Thank You to xxmorph3u5xx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

S.Nahid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmorph3u5xx View Post
Okay.. go into recovery and try to format sd card from there. Many users have had problems with pc formatted microsd's. If you're on 4ext recovery try a file system check from tools menu first..it might help.
PS: You can first try to mount the sd card from recovery while usb attached to pc. If windows sees it, it might be a rom or kernel issue.
Let me know how this turns up. Best of luck!
I'm an average user so please correct me if I'm wrong. I went to hboot menu (volume down + power). there are 5 options:
fastboot
recovery
factory reset
simlock
image crc

now if I select recovery as you suggested, then the phone stucks at black screen with the icon of a phone and red exclamation sign. the backlight stays on until I pull the battery. what do you think?

xxmorph3u5xx
Old
Thanks Meter 31
first: STOP PULLING THE BATTERY! you'll end up with a bricked phone: to force a reboot press vol up, vol dn, and power buttons all at the same time!
NEVER EVER PULL THE BATTERY This is very important. Pulling your battery out is the most prominent cause of eMMC bricks.(read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1268447)

okay now that this is solved.. So you did not give us full specs. It seems that you are not rooted or s-off. am i right?
History: Bosch COM509, Ericsson T20e, Sony Ericsson T310, Sony Ericsson T610, Nokia 6600, Nokia 6630, Nokia 7710, Nokia N72, Nokia N95, Nokia N97mini, HTC Desire S, HTC One S

S.Nahid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
first: STOP PULLING THE BATTERY! you'll end up with a bricked phone: to force a reboot press vol up, vol dn, and power buttons all at the same time!
NEVER EVER PULL THE BATTERY This is very important. Pulling your battery out is the most prominent cause of eMMC bricks.(read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1268447)

okay now that this is solved.. So you did not give us full specs. It seems that you are not rooted or s-off. am i right?
I read the post before. it's just that I got frustrated,so...but I'll never do it again.

and yes I'm not rooted and s-offer. sorry should have told you before.

xxmorph3u5xx
Old
Thanks Meter 31
then, what i just told you is useless unless you are willing to s-off and root. unfortunately i don't think that there is another way to determine if you're facing a hardware or software problem. IMHO it's software related as all those that mentioned this issue here on xda seem to be on stock rom..
there might be a way to check the card via adb but im not familiar with adb that much.. maybe someone else here might have a clue..

anyway, if you do decide to go for s-off'ing which i highly recommend you can find all you need in the general section (but be sure to check your hboot version and read twice before doing)

best of luck!

S.Nahid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
then, what i just told you is useless unless you are willing to s-off and root. unfortunately i don't think that there is another way to determine if you're facing a hardware or software problem. IMHO it's software related as all those that mentioned this issue here on xda seem to be on stock rom..
there might be a way to check the card via adb but im not familiar with adb that much.. maybe someone else here might have a clue..

anyway, if you do decide to go for s-off'ing which i highly recommend you can find all you need in the general section (but be sure to check your hboot version and read twice before doing)

best of luck!
a guy from androidforums.com have given me a way to " reset the diagnostic monitor on
the phone which could be stopping the phone
from recognising SD cards" by SDK with some commands. though I've never used SDK but I'll try. but if failed I'll of course root and s-off. please help me then.

S.Nahid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
No luck this time too. I used following to commands in adb

fastboot oem enableqxdm 0
fastboot reboot

but still no change in Blank SD card.

Saipro
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Since warranty isn't an issue, ROOT is strongly suggested - if only for the purpose of Custom Recovery
If I've helped you in any way, please press the "THANKS" button.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saipro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tapur007
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Agree to the above. I'd recommend 4EXT recovery. . .
The Following User Says Thank You to Tapur007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

S.Nahid
Old
(Last edited by S.Nahid; 22nd April 2012 at 05:51 PM.) Reason: Double posted
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Sorry double posted. I see no delete button.