21st April 2012, 04:34 AM   |  #631  
Flag Flagstaff, az
Thanks Meter: 35

329 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPandroid

Data is pretty sluggish. Last time I tried to pull NAM settings off my wildfire s I couldn't get cdma to read it. ##3424# doesn't bring up diagnostic mode for that phone either. I'll have to try more when I get home, though

Remind me though just to make sure I'm not wrong but maid and MDN. My numbers which? May as well double check when I get home

Edit: MDN is mine, MSID is the other one I assume. Or in this case, "IMEI" on the EVO, right?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA

Mdn is mobile directory number which is your number msid is mobile station identification. Imei is the esn for some phones but not the evo. If I'm not mistaken imei is for GSM phones. Have you tried reading the Nam in qpst service programming?
21st April 2012, 05:28 PM   |  #632  
Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 267

656 posts
More
Weird that mine says imei then...I'll try reading the Nam and post back. But do you think a custom rom could be the cause of any of this?

Sent from my VM670 using XDA
21st April 2012, 06:21 PM   |  #633  
Flag Flagstaff, az

329 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Weird that mine says imei then...I'll try reading the Nam and post back. But do you think a custom rom could be the cause of any of this?

Shouldnt have any effect except with maybe picture mail. Where does your phone say imei?
21st April 2012, 07:56 PM   |  #634  
Greenville, SC

656 posts
More
Its under about phone > phone identity.

Edit: once I get home, I may flash a different ROM on it just to ensure that the rom may have written imei by mistake. You never know, it is a possibility.

Last edited by MrPandroid; 21st April 2012 at 09:28 PM.
21st April 2012, 11:13 PM   |  #635  
Flag Flagstaff, az

329 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Its under about phone > phone identity.

Edit: once I get home, I may flash a different ROM on it just to ensure that the rom may have written imei by mistake. You never know, it is a possibility.

What rom do you have on your phone? It sounds like you have a rom from a GSM phone and that would screw with the settings. Try flashing the stock sense rom and see if it works.
22nd April 2012, 03:30 AM   |  #636  
Greenville, SC

656 posts
More
Honestly, I forget what ROM I was using. I decided to flash the VM ROM I saw in here with the MMS APK patched, and voila! It somehow works right! Only thing now is I can't pull my AAA keys from my donor...it gives me an error message in QXDM >.<
22nd April 2012, 05:20 AM   |  #637  
Flag Flagstaff, az

329 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Honestly, I forget what ROM I was using. I decided to flash the VM ROM I saw in here with the MMS APK patched, and voila! It somehow works right! Only thing now is I can't pull my AAA keys from my donor...it gives me an error message in QXDM >.<

Now you've got me completely confused. Virgin mobile doesn't have an evo so there is no virgin rom for the evo. Are you talking about a sprint rom with a virgin mms patch? What is your donor phone?
Last edited by weinerwad3000; 22nd April 2012 at 05:22 AM.
22nd April 2012, 05:23 AM   |  #638  
Greenville, SC

656 posts
More
Yeah that's what I meant. I'm using an optimus v for my donor phone

22nd April 2012, 06:02 AM   |  #639  
Flag Flagstaff, az

329 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah that's what I meant. I'm using an optimus v for my donor phone

So you're data isn't working? Have you tried using lgnpst and dfs to pull the AAA key
22nd April 2012, 07:19 AM   |  #640  
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
Issues Writing meid
Hey, guys i recently found this thread and decided to give it a go because I hate my Triumph... I have two different HTC EVO's and an optiums v for a donor. I activated the optimus v and ripped all the info off of it, but I am having serious issues getting the EVO to cooperate. I can get the MEID zeroed out while using the open sesame method, however when I try to write to it I get:

05:18:03.919DIAG RX item:
05:18:03.919RequestNVItemWrite - Error response received from target

Not really sure where to go from here... I'm real confused. I've been at it for a few hours and nothing seems to be able to overwrite the MEID.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread