Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 51,047 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

UPDATED 8/19: Custom, thin, snap on case

Tip us?
 
jjdevega
Old
#141  
jjdevega's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 206
Posts: 1,001
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bothell, Washington
Eagerly awaiting! This is going to look so nice on my Prime/Dock!
Will there be an online site once everything hits production? Looks like demand is starting to rack up hope you got enough products to satisfy these hungry Vulcher's including myself lol

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium App
 
theledman
Old
#142  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144
Posts: 125
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppiioottrr View Post
i just hope that you're going to ship it also outside the US, right?

Wysyłane z mojego Transformer Prime TF201 za pomocą Tapatalk 2
Yep, the shipping cost will be more, but yea for sure we'll have it for international customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdevega View Post
Eagerly awaiting! This is going to look so nice on my Prime/Dock!
Will there be an online site once everything hits production? Looks like demand is starting to rack up hope you got enough products to satisfy these hungry Vulcher's including myself lol

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium App
Don't worry, we'll figure out the logistics of that once we get there!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theledman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Realm11984
Old
#143  
Realm11984's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 148
Join Date: Dec 2007
Default Im In

Count me in for one if you can make it happen!
 
Techienana
Old
#144  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 89
Join Date: Feb 2011
Please do make it happen!
 
leyvatron
Old
#145  
leyvatron's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 293
Posts: 2,553
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Looking awesome....
One thing I want to bring up - if dust gets into the case and starts to build up would it start to scratch the housing of the TP?

Sent from my EPAD using xda premium
Follow me and my Android videos on YouTube if you want. Remember to click Thanks and Subscribe.
Join my Facebook group - Everybody is welcome

Google+ Add me
 
EnemyOfGlaDOS
Old
#146  
EnemyOfGlaDOS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1286
Posts: 5,058
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyvatron View Post
Looking awesome....
One thing I want to bring up - if dust gets into the case and starts to build up would it start to scratch the housing of the TP?

Sent from my EPAD using xda premium
With a snug fit it shouldn't allow enough/if any movement between case and tablet. The only place dust would be able to collect is around the rim or edge of the port openings which is pretty well protected from any sort of friction that could happen.

.. but good question!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
 
..New to XDA-Developers? Read This

my current devices
-OPPO X909- Omni nightlies
-Google Nexus 7 (2013 LTE)- Bone Stock
-Google Nexus 5- bone stock
-OPPO N1- Omni nightlies


GoogleNow/voice search Tricks and Tips
Need Ideas for your NFC enabled device?

 
theledman
Old
#147  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144
Posts: 125
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyvatron View Post
Looking awesome....
One thing I want to bring up - if dust gets into the case and starts to build up would it start to scratch the housing of the TP?

Sent from my EPAD using xda premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreym View Post
With a snug fit it shouldn't allow enough/if any movement between case and tablet. The only place dust would be able to collect is around the rim or edge of the port openings which is pretty well protected from any sort of friction that could happen.

.. but good question!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Dust will get inside no matter what, even if it's snug. I've seen dust behind my friend's iphone 3gs incipio case even though it was a super tight fit. As long as you're not throwing it aroundin abrasive dust, abrasive dust shouldn't get inside and it shouldn't scratch.

A little trick you can always do is to get tissue paper or something else that's equally thin, and snap on the case around the tissue paper. Then you just rip the excess off and you have a snugger fitting case.
The Following User Says Thank You to theledman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Bruuce
Old
#148  
Bruuce's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 199
Posts: 153
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Wichitawesome
The dust won't be as invasive on a tablet as it would be on a phone, which is rolling around in a lint filled pocket. A review I found on youtube for a similar case by SwitchEasy for the iPad said that no dust or dirt biuldup had occurred over the testing period.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruuce For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jlabrat
Old
#149  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 16
Join Date: Feb 2012
When will this case be available? The case looks ideal for those with a dock. Count me in too.
 
leyvatron
Old
#150  
leyvatron's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 293
Posts: 2,553
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles
yeah, tissue paper or something should be good.... just not in a clear case.

Sent from my EPAD using xda premium
Follow me and my Android videos on YouTube if you want. Remember to click Thanks and Subscribe.
Join my Facebook group - Everybody is welcome

Google+ Add me

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes