Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,846 Members 51,556 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OFF-TOPIC] Important Please Read OP (7/1/13)

Tip us?

Tectas
Old
Thanks Meter 1939

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696 View Post
Oh right haha
Your avatar is a picture of some sort of puzzle, so i thought 'Tectas' is some sort of puzzle game, like Tetris, and I was an uneducated fool for having no idea what it was!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
Do you know something called tectas?
But i guess not, otherwise you wouldn't have asked before what it is.
I feel just a bit curious, because i'm not sure if this is sarcasm and i missed something or not.

The picture is a bit different story, it represents the missing piece, for me.
The one i'm driven by most of the time, but also the one i miss at social interaction if you understand what i mean.

Current Device
LG G3 (D855 16 gb)

ROM
Stock (V10e-232-01) rooted

For ROM developers
BuildBox (Kitchen/Ota App [Open Source]) set your device free

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectas View Post
Do you know something called tectas?
But i guess not, otherwise you wouldn't have asked before what it is.
I feel just a bit curious, because i'm not sure if this is sarcasm and i missed something or not.

The picture is a bit different story, it represents the missing piece, for me.
The one i'm driven by most of the time, but also the one i miss at social interaction if you understand what i mean.
No mate, it wasn't sarcasm.

You know the puzzle game 'Tetris' right?

Your picture shows a puzzle, so I thought that 'Tectas' was a similiar puzzle game, which I have never heard of before

your meaning of the picture is inspiring !

Google Nexus 4 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.4
Advent Tegra Note 7 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.2
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

SimonTS
Old
Thanks Meter 1552
@Tectas,

I don't think for a second that Oly was being sarcastic. Tectas - sounds a bit like tetris I guess?

As for the Aspergers side, I understand some of what it must be like. My 9 year old son was diagnosed with low-level Aspergers syndrome a few years ago. When I look at how he is, compared with me as a kid I see very little difference. I think that, in some ways, I am fortunate that these things weren't as well understood 30 years ago or I may have found myself being 'labelled' the same way he is at school - which seems to be extremely unhelpful some of the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to SimonTS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lowveld
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4749

DONATE TO ME
Hey,

I'm Luís, 33 years old. Professionally I have a Telecom engineering background, in the last ten years I've done everything from University research to Telecom Provider R&D, with a brief stint at semi-conductor industrial production.

In my free time I used to read, though I do it less and less now with this android thing. I can proudly say I read A Game of Thrones 12 years ago, and yeah, I knew Ned's head would come off.

I have a 18 month baby boy that is by far the best thing I ever did on my entire life.

I started on this because I like picking things apart and see how they work, and plus, I'm always looking to learn something new. I think I coded my first Java line back in December or something.

Cheers

P.S. And I stay around because I like this small community. It's a jungle out there.
Check out my apps!

Ultimate Call Screen HD
FTL Launcher
Ultimate Contacts HD Sync

Twitter: @LowveldWare (Android Related) @buildroot (Personal)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lowveld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowveld View Post
Hey,

I'm Luís, 33 years old. Professionally I have a Telecom engineering background, in the last ten years I've done everything from University research to Telecom Provider R&D, with a brief stint at semi-conductor industrial production.

In my free time I used to read, though I do it less and less now with this android thing. I can proudly say I read A Game of Thrones 12 years ago, and yeah, I knew Ned's head would come off.

I have a 18 month baby boy that is by far the best thing I ever did on my entire life.

I started on this because I like picking things apart and see how they work, and plus, I'm always looking to learn something new. I think I coded my first Java line back in December or something.

Cheers

P.S. And I stay around because I like this small community. It's a jungle out there.
Great bio lowveld
Also, I've always wondered, is English your first language? Since you're from Portugal, I was just wondering, as your English is exceptionally good!

Google Nexus 4 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.4
Advent Tegra Note 7 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.2
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

lowveld
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4749

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696 View Post
Great bio lowveld
Also, I've always wondered, is English your first language? Since you're from Portugal, I was just wondering, as your English is exceptionally good!

No, my first language is Portuguese. Actually my English is good mainly due to my reading addiction, plus a general condition afflicting most people at university-going age: lack of non-beer money. I couldn't afford books in Portuguese, had to buy the originals in English on ebay or amazon (much cheaper). Also genetics apparently play a part on this, as most of my family on my father's side picks up "extra" languages fairly easily.

Cheers
Check out my apps!

Ultimate Call Screen HD
FTL Launcher
Ultimate Contacts HD Sync

Twitter: @LowveldWare (Android Related) @buildroot (Personal)

The Following User Says Thank You to lowveld For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ammenRA
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanz View Post
Hi all, I am Shanaz, just turned 27, and from London. I am a mother of 2 (7 and 5 yrs) and I work part time in Boots Chemist as a healthcare advisor.

I got into rooting phones after I bought my first smart phone which was the hero and I really did love that phone despite how tiny it feels now compared to my ds!

I love reading, watching movies (can't wait for Avengers), huge fan of Skyrim which I play on the PS3 and since last year I got back into doing regular exercise which includes cardio and weight training and am quite addicted to it!
i always thought that moms who roots their phones are hot! is that normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowveld View Post
Hey,

Cheers

i'd just been contacted by a former MI6 agent, giving me a pic of you and damn, you're handsome lowveld, far from what i imagined.
The Following User Says Thank You to ammenRA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ben_pyett
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1884
Well done again Oly, quality thread.

Reading the input into this thread, makes me appreciate how lucky we are here in this forum/community.

Swyped form ym Dersie S unsig XAD Permuim
Nexus 5 : hammerhead
Rom (Kernel): Mahdi-Rom 4.4.4 [v2.7 08/07/2014] (Franco [#r57]) root: [superSU v2.0]
Nexus 4 : mako
Rom (Kernel): AOKP_ROM 4.3.1 [#aokp_mako_jb-mr2_2013-11-14] (Franco [#r193-JWR])
Retired - HTC Desire S, HTC Touch Diamond 2, HTC Dual Touch, HTC TyTN, Innumerable NOKIAs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ben_pyett For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

suku_patel_22
Old
Thanks Meter 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by pughie View Post
I'm Craig and I live in a city called Cardiff in south Wales. I'm married with a young daughter. I work for Audi Uk.

Apart from the obligatory rom flashing addiction I enjoy playing and watching rugby. Watching football, US football, cricket and DVD boxsets ( Breaking bad, the wire, bsg, boardwalk empire etc ) When the wife n little one go to bed I also enjoy an hour or two on the ps3.

Regretably I once owned an iPhone

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA
You work for my favorite car company, though I don't own one :D

Swyped from my Desire S waiting for Kernel 3, WAKE UP HTC

HTC One(Stock), Nexus 7(AOSPA/Franco), HTC Desire S(Fallout)
Thanks posts clutter, hit the "Thanks" button instead!

Bewinxed
Old
Thanks Meter 171
oh, i think i'm a bit late ;//w//;

I'm omar, i'm from jordan and i'm currently a paramedics student in my late 3rd year, i love techies & i'm a digital artist as well.

Hobbies...uhhh, everything? *skips quickly to class ;A;*

Phone: Google Nexus 5 ♥
ROM: Cataclysm ♥
Kernel: Franco ☻

Flash ALL the Roms \oDo

Previous ♥: Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250M

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe