Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,870 Members 49,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The Positive Transformer Prime Thread

Tip us?

rorytmeadows
Old
Thanks Meter 209
This weekend was my first experience taking my Prime for our weekend vacation. It was the first time I officially and fully used the device instead of the laptop and A500, I have usually brought along in the past.

Great experience. Complete replacement for everything that we needed to do: Facebook, Bank of America, XDA (of course), news, weather, looking up hotel information, looking up local restaurant information including menus, checking out local attractions, maps, directions, even checking out Google Earth to match up what we were seeing outside of the window.

And fast Wifi connection, even with the dubbed "slow" Wifi connection here at the Westin.

Thanks, Geritol.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201
RTM

XDA's #1 Apple hater

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooted Stock 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Stock 4.4.2

reichstah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default The first 24 hours

Long time lurker, nearly never poster. Hi, all.

I sold a Eeepc netbook to "trade" in for a prime. I got my prime and dock yesterday from Amazon, a grey 64G C3, after waiting about a month for it to ship. Agonizing. I had been doing a bunch of reading on it here while I waited, so I had a game plan all lined up for rooting/customizing.

First, the bad. Out of the box, the wifi would never complete turning on. Found someone else here with the same problem, doing an immediate factory data wipe fixed that. GPS is abysmal, almost completely unusable. Registered for the dongle immediately. (I didn't buy this for the GPS, but that's still disappointing.)

Now, the good. Pretty much everything else. It came with the .15 firmware. I gotta say, the Asus stock rom really isn't too bad at all. This was a pleasant surprise.. I've had a G1, MyTouch, Samsung Galaxy, and now the Galaxy II, and to date all the manufactuer additions only detract from the android experience. Bloat bloat bloat. The Asus stock was refreshingly clean. Gotta give props where it is due, that's really nice.

I waited to root until I was sure hardware was all okay. Read the "checklist" forum posts. No dead pixels, no light bleeds... basically, it seems perfect. The wifi signal strength almost always shows one bar, but the signal itself works completely fine from anywhere inside my house, and outside on the patio. Video streaming from Plex is awesome.

As good as the stock rom was, I only lasted a few hours with it before I rooted (vipermod), flashed CWM (method 2), and put on the most recent Cyanogen nightly (4/18.) Not everything works yet (it's only a nightly, after all), but I'm running nightlies for my Galaxy 2 also, and I'm uber impressed at how quickly stuff is coming together over there. I can only anticipate the same rapid clip of making things great from the Cyanogen team -- as it is now, it's easily usable as a daily driver... and there's something really nice about a "computer" and my phone acting the same, syncing data, etc. AAIIIEE THE FUTURE

I think the only thing I could want now is a stable/easy method to dual boot into ubuntu for when I need to do some "real" work, and this would qualify as my dream device.

Super, super happy camper. Worth every penny.

laword
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I love this tablet. Yeah there are some issues, but ill take it any day of the week. +1 to the OP for this post.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

dabombcra
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have had my Prime for two weeks and the dock for a few days. I read lots about the issues and was concerned, but decided to do my own testing. Wifi is not as good as my Rezound, but it is good enough. Having the dock is sure a pleasure. I did not think it would be easy to type on, but it has and the short cut keys help speed things up.

I debated on getting a iPad because of all of the bad post. After giving this a chance, it will work out for me. Both units have the C3 serial number. This might also be why I am not experiencing the issues others have had. Having the 32gb unit with the upgradeable storage, it will all my to add lots of content.

There are things that I wish I could do with this that I can't, but for the most part, I have not complaints.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

jjdevega
Old
Thanks Meter 206
BUMP!

mario_1603
Old
Thanks Meter 3
finally I got my prime, I really love it, no issues, all works great, the only thing i need to do is test the with the dock

demandarin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2044
TTP.............

IPAD- 32GB WiFi ver. 4.2.1

Transformer Prime 32GB(Retired)

NEXUS 7 16gb Unlocked & Rooted JB 4.3 CleanRom 4.0 Faux Kernel

Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb- Hyperdrive Rom w/ Zeus kernel AMAZING!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - JB 4.1.2

Lg Optimus G Pro- new 1080P 5.5in. Display w/Snapdragon 600 Andreno 320

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Prime/Tegra3 Gamers Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409077

thenrz
Old
Thanks Meter 61
I love my prime. I use it in my car, at home, while on my desktop LOL. My lady thinks i am quite strange...

The alum backplate may have caused some issues, but it is super sexy and i can imagine very robust

Oh... Old.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

ungraph
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Got my Prime yesterday, so far amazing.
The Following User Says Thank You to ungraph For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

demandarin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2044
Quote:
Originally Posted by ungraph View Post
Got my Prime yesterday, so far amazing.
glad to hear. keep us posted on how it performs after putting it through its paces.

IPAD- 32GB WiFi ver. 4.2.1

Transformer Prime 32GB(Retired)

NEXUS 7 16gb Unlocked & Rooted JB 4.3 CleanRom 4.0 Faux Kernel

Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb- Hyperdrive Rom w/ Zeus kernel AMAZING!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - JB 4.1.2

Lg Optimus G Pro- new 1080P 5.5in. Display w/Snapdragon 600 Andreno 320

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Prime/Tegra3 Gamers Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409077