Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC EVO 4G LTE News-Videos/Pics [Official Thread]

Tip us?

notasimpleway
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
Has ZERO to do with the tech not being excellent....Wimax is a fantastic tech just deployed on a poor freq and because wider adaptation didn't happen the cost of LTE became lower. That is the reason sprint went with it over Wimax...

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
Thanks, Sgt. I was just about to reply to him. WiMax isn't bad. The biggest problem is the frequency Sprint is using.

Sent from my iPhone with the bigger GeeBees.
Sent from my iPhone with the bigger Gee Bees.

One of my apps: Heart Container Battery Widget

KaoMinerva
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 492
Quote:
There ya go!
So, will the 3vo ever get a sense4 working ROM like sensations have elegancia etc

sgt. slaughter
Old
(Last edited by sgt. slaughter; 22nd April 2012 at 04:35 AM.)
Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 2,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoMinerva View Post
So, will the 3vo ever get a sense4 working ROM like sensations have elegancia etc
whats a 3vo? lol, sorry never jumped on that train with the quick name for the device. hehe

Well According to Mike he's stated a couple times he expected to start getting some Sense4 ruu leaks for the sensation in the future...so its "possible" if that happens that the 3D gets a similar upgrade path in the future...BUT it'd take an official 3D leak to get full blown Sense 4 with working wimax and all that...

Now in my personal opinion i can't see them giving the 3D that since its EOL...so might as well just toss fully working Sense 4.0 thoughts out the door...unless someone feels the need to work some serious magic and deving skill on it...anything is possible...

Edit:
If a dev wants to chime in on this and correct me if im wrong feel free though.

ckoadiyn
Old
Thanks Meter 900
http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/04...-juopunutbear/

I wonder if this will be needed for HTC EVO LTE

TEAM MiK Since 12/18/10

WatermelonSlim
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckoadiyn View Post
http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/04...-juopunutbear/

I wonder if this will be needed for HTC EVO LTE

That article starts out with:

"Over the past year or so, HTC devices have become notoriously more difficult to root/mod/S-Off than the devices of yesteryear. When one series of devices gets cracked, the next generation released by HTC has historically been drastically more difficult to crack."

Despite this reality, people are actually praising HTC as being a dev friendly company.

That first paragraph says it all though. I fully expect this Evo LTE to be even harder to crack than the Evo 3D was. And as long as HTC has a following of people pledging to buy it anyway, praising them as bring dev friendly, arguing with anyone who disagrees, and even trying to silence anyone who disagrees, then why would they ever change their ways?

ticklemepinks
Old
Thanks Meter 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonSlim View Post
That article starts out with:

"Over the past year or so, HTC devices have become notoriously more difficult to root/mod/S-Off than the devices of yesteryear. When one series of devices gets cracked, the next generation released by HTC has historically been drastically more difficult to crack."

Despite this reality, people are actually praising HTC as being a dev friendly company.

That first paragraph says it all though. I fully expect this Evo LTE to be even harder to crack than the Evo 3D was. And as long as HTC has a following of people pledging to buy it anyway, praising them as bring dev friendly, arguing with anyone who disagrees, and even trying to silence anyone who disagrees, then why would they ever change their ways?
LOLz what is your issue man??? do u just hate htc hunni? all u do is bash it, we get it, u don't like the company... so why are u in the forum if u clearly don't plan on buying a EVO 4G lTE?
ticklemepinks nuff said sweetie!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ticklemepinks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KaoMinerva
Old
Thanks Meter 492
Quote:
whats a 3vo? lol, sorry never jumped on that train with the quick name for the device. hehe

Well According to Mike he's stated a couple times he expected to start getting some Sense4 ruu leaks for the sensation in the future...so its "possible" if that happens that the 3D gets a similar upgrade path in the future...BUT it'd take an official 3D leak to get full blown Sense 4 with working wimax and all that...

Now in my personal opinion i can't see them giving the 3D that since its EOL...so might as well just toss fully working Sense 4.0 thoughts out the door...unless someone feels the need to work some serious magic and deving skill on it...anything is possible...

Edit:
If a dev wants to chime in on this and correct me if im wrong feel free though.
Pissed me off this phone is eol so fast. Great specs, **** 3d. I barely use the bull**** anyways

WatermelonSlim
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklemepinks View Post
LOLz what is your issue man??? do u just hate htc hunni? all u do is bash it, we get it, u don't like the company... so why are u in the forum if u clearly don't plan on buying a EVO 4G lTE?
I have an Evo 3D (posting from it right now). This is the Evo 3D forum.

I thought I was clear though. The more defenders and fanboys HTC has, the less likely they are to ever change their ways (not that you or anyone in particular fits that category). The more people like me they see, long time customers pledging to not buy another device from them until they go back to their dev friendly ways, the more likely they are to eventually change their ways.

ticklemepinks
Old
Thanks Meter 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonSlim View Post
I have an Evo 3D (posting from it right now). This is the Evo 3D forum.

I thought I was clear though. The more defenders and fanboys HTC has, the less likely they are to ever change their ways (not that you or anyone in particular fits that category). The more people like me they see, long time customers pledging to not buy another device from them until they go back to their dev friendly ways, the more likely they are to eventually change their ways.
thats fine, but u seem to point out no positives and it seems like by downing htc that samsung and apple are better, samsung build quality isn't up to par to htc i feel. software wise, i really won't speak on cuz I know i'm def more partial to sense, but i think all companies have the quirks
ticklemepinks nuff said sweetie!
The Following User Says Thank You to ticklemepinks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

.Elite_The_King.
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklemepinks View Post
thats fine, but u seem to point out no positives and it seems like by downing htc that samsung and apple are better, samsung build quality isn't up to par to htc i feel. software wise, i really won't speak on cuz I know i'm def more partial to sense, but i think all companies have the quirks
He's just mad at the world.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to .Elite_The_King. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
evo, htc, lte, sprint