Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 53,810 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touchscreen issue

Tip us?

fayrarri
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Default Touchscreen issue

Hey guys, so the touchscreen on my shift keeps creating deadspots where if I touch in a certain area it won't register the touch. It is more noticable on AOSP roms, I'm running UKE right now and it also occurs on cm7.1. On sense roms I haven't noticed it but I haven't really used sense roms as much as AOSP. Any thoughts on what the problem could be?
--
Twitter: FayFay33
Evo Shift 4G: Twisted ICS

Kindle Fire: Jellybean

Evo 4G: CM10 Unofficial

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,797
Try a Sense Rom, and check. Then if that does not work. RUU back to Stock. If you still have the issue, it's time to take it back to Sprint.
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fayrarri
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
Well I was on newSense for a while and didn't notice the problem. But the real issue is that it happens very randomly. I can be fine for a week but then it won't work three times in an hour (like right now there was a dead spot on the 'g' key on my keyboard until I turned the screen off and on)
--

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,797
Try what I suggested in that order. If you have to RUU, and still have the issue. Then my bet is it's hardware related.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

strapped365
Old
Thanks Meter 2,807

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayrarri View Post
Well I was on newSense for a while and didn't notice the problem. But the real issue is that it happens very randomly. I can be fine for a week but then it won't work three times in an hour (like right now there was a dead spot on the 'g' key on my keyboard until I turned the screen off and on)
If you can replicate the issues for Sprint that will be good for you, I had the same issue and now every so often either the whole screen will quit working for however long it decides to not work or I'll have the issues where I can't hit a key. I've had the whole screen not work for about 3 days then it magically started again

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

fayrarri
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 67
I've been running newSense and the problem hasn't come back so far, so perhaps my phone just doesn't like AOSP roms lol. Although ever so often on newSense my status bar disappears and the phone becomes laggy, then 30 seconds later it returns and everything goes back to normal
--

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,797
Try rebooting the device every few days. It will help with the lag that you experience after a few days. A cache cleaner isn't a bad idea either.

TEAM MiK
MikROMs Since 3/13/11