Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,937 Members 43,624 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lumia 900 wont power on after battery drain..bricked!!

Tip us?

weatherx
Old
Thanks Meter 3
if your phone can't boot after a deep discharge, try hooking it up with the original cable to a computer USB port.

johnnybrav0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I guess my first questions is how are you charging it in the first place? USB or Electric outlet? USB usually takes longer and can be a weaker charge.

Second, like some people mention are us using another charger by a different company like HTC and etc..?

This will help us understand the issue better to help you.

FiyaFleye
Old
(Last edited by prbassplayer; 22nd April 2012 at 11:59 PM.) Reason: Mod edit
Thanks Meter 110
That being said, my HD7 pulled this with me once... All was well after though.
AT&T Nokia Lumia 900
Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084

T-Mobile USA HD7
Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango)

Previous Devices: HD7, HD2, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Dash, and toss in a few Sidekicks for good luck

hx4700 Killer
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiyaFleye View Post
Do you think any of us give a damn about your Galaxy Nexus in the Lumia section? Honestly? Because if you do, then I think you need to re-examine the idea behind a LUMIA forum.

That being said, my HD7 pulled this with me once... All was well after though.
Don't feed the troll... otherwise you will just get more oxygen/blood deprived answers from someone trying to type one handed, not skip a stroke and sound like they aren't trolling. Probably has a thing for the latest and greatest but is locked in to a contract....

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T

Asus Transformer Prime TF201 - Now in my daughtes hands

Former Devices: HTC One X 16GB, Nokia Lumia 900, Samsung Focus, Dell Venue Pro (for 2 weeks), Tilt 2, Fuze, Tilt, HP HX4700

sridhar618
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybrav0 View Post
I guess my first questions is how are you charging it in the first place? USB or Electric outlet? USB usually takes longer and can be a weaker charge.

Second, like some people mention are us using another charger by a different company like HTC and etc..?

This will help us understand the issue better to help you.
After the charge completely depleted, i hooked it to the wall using the nokia supplied charger for abt 7 hrs. The phone did not respond on trying to power it up. I tried all button combos, plugging to comp, plugging and unplugging multiple times etc (you name it and I have tried) but none of them worked. I tried to resurrect it for a full. I finally gave up and swapped for a another device at the ATT store.

The device should reach you guys via your channels for your R&D.

davel8135
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just bought the phone. After 3 hours of charging using the Nokia charger. Phone is still not booting. After connecting the charger cable it vibrates and the 3 button lights turn on, but thats all that happens.

grey_m4n
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by davel8135 View Post
I just bought the phone. After 3 hours of charging using the Nokia charger. Phone is still not booting. After connecting the charger cable it vibrates and the 3 button lights turn on, but thats all that happens.
If the Lumia 900 is drained completely it will not power on until it gets a 20% charge. If your phone wasn't charged to that in 3 hrs. you should take it back and get another phone.

hx4700 Killer
Old
Thanks Meter 256
I want to say that it was at least two hours if not 3 before my phone came on from a total discharge.

The phone would vibrate and flash if I plugged or unplugged etc... I played with it enough that it came on was still pretty much dead on the charge but once on and plugged in it actually charged so what I read above that it won't charge if its not on seems to hold true.

Of course that was all before the update.

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T

Asus Transformer Prime TF201 - Now in my daughtes hands

Former Devices: HTC One X 16GB, Nokia Lumia 900, Samsung Focus, Dell Venue Pro (for 2 weeks), Tilt 2, Fuze, Tilt, HP HX4700

prbassplayer
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 11,668

DONATE TO ME
Default Keep it civil

Thread cleaned.

dfkd
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I experienced the same thing last night. When it finally did power back on, it was at 22%... And hard reset!

Calling it a PITA is an understatement.

Tags
att, brick, lumia 900, nokia