Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 134

549 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.P

U guys do know build 33 is up right?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Tcp, is the SMS fix that kbizzle added in 32, also in 33?

Thanks!

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk
22nd April 2012, 03:48 AM   |  #4392  
Thanks Meter: 39

217 posts
thanks for the update T.C.P!
22nd April 2012, 04:00 AM   |  #4393  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 53

445 posts
More
So can I flash this straight up from my internal SD?
22nd April 2012, 04:04 AM   |  #4394  
Flag Stockton
Thanks Meter: 3,604

4,542 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitrix

U know you suffixed it with .zip twice?

Lol I'll fix it later when I get home

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
22nd April 2012, 04:06 AM   |  #4395  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,838

4,757 posts
I included an Experimental feature, in the Auto Root package, to add init.d support to any stock kernel

I was wondering if anyone could help test it out:
e4gtauto-lite-sfx.exe

You need to be rooted.

Just choose Option E (extra options), then Option E (Add init.d support)

I've tested it on FD19 and EL29 and stock ROMs.

I have *not* tested it on AOKP. It doesn't modify your kernel, so I don't anticipate anything bad would happen.

I've also tested it in the case where you start with stock kernel, add init.d support, then later install a repacked kernel with builtin init.d support. In that case this will defer to the builtin init.d support in the kernel so the init.d scripts are not run twice. What that means is you don't need to remove this if you should later switch from stock kernel to stock kernel+CWM. If you want to remove it, just choose Option F (Remove init.d support)

If you install a new ROM, then you will need to re-run this option to add init.d support.
Last edited by sfhub; 22nd April 2012 at 05:56 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 04:19 AM   |  #4396  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 90

362 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

I included an Experimental feature, in the Auto Root package, to add init.d support to any stock kernel

e4gtauto-lite-sfx.exe

You need to be rooted.

I have *not* tested in on AOKP. It doesn't modify your kernel, so I don't anticipate anything bad would happen.

I've also tested it in the case where you start with stock kernel, add init.d support, then later install a repacked kernel with builtin init.d support. In that case this will defer to the builtin init.d support in the kernel so the init.d scripts are not run twice. What that means is you don't need to remove this if you should later switch from stock kernel to stock kernel+CWM. If you want to remove it, just choose Option F (Remove init.d support)

If you install a new ROM, then you will need to re-run this option to add init.d support.

Not near a computer currently, but I'll definitely try it out tomorrow. Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 04:28 AM   |  #4397  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 90

362 posts
More
Somewhat dumb question here: Is everyone else having their portrait oriented pictures flipped sideways when you send them via MMS? Not a huge deal, more of an annoyance. Tried it out on a (Sprint ;) ) Galaxy Nexus yesterday and it didn't flip them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2012, 04:31 AM   |  #4398  
Des Moines IA
Thanks Meter: 36

254 posts
Quote:

e4gtauto-lite-sfx.exe

You need to be rooted.

I have *not* tested it on AOKP. It doesn't modify your kernel, so I don't anticipate anything bad would happen.

I just tried it on nocturnal venum and it didn't seem to work. The start up tweaks still didn't stick.

edit: I'm on v1.2 with fd19 kernel
22nd April 2012, 04:32 AM   |  #4399  
Thanks Meter: 262

1,547 posts
question
Quote:

e4gtauto-lite-sfx.exe

You need to be rooted.

does this rom support init.d in build 33?
22nd April 2012, 04:40 AM   |  #4400  
Thanks Meter: 781

2,853 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitrix

U know you suffixed it with .zip twice?

Can I just rename it to .zip and be OK? Or do you have to do something else first? I would think I can rename but just double checking..

sj

Sent from my sgs2e4gt on AoKPb32.2 FD16/FD19 aOS 4.0.4 using Tap@Talk 2 Beta 5

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread