OP klin1344

22nd April 2012, 04:47 AM   |  #211  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Cerritos, CA
Thanks Meter: 5,536

3,476 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try it with r5 and see if it has the same problems.

Sent using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klin1344 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 08:42 AM   |  #212  
Flag Ogden, Utah
Thanks Meter: 2

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klin1344

Try it with r5 and see if it has the same problems.

Sent using Tapatalk

It works now
22nd April 2012, 11:27 AM   |  #213  
Flag Jerusalem
Thanks Meter: 24

86 posts
More
Is there Russian or Hebrew languages in Klassic_R5_USA? (One of them is also good)
Thanks!
23rd April 2012, 02:02 AM   |  #214  
Flag Shirley, IN
Thanks Meter: 1

75 posts
Exclamation Red Flag.
Whenever I browse the internet, (especially when I have multiple tabs open) it freezes. The whole device becomes inoperable and I have to do a hard reset. This never happened to me before this ROM. Are there any internet tweaks you have included I could safely turn off? This is the only real issue I have now :/

US,r5,tried opera, dolphin and firefox. Tried the default internet app and it didnt freeze my device but it was using a whopping 50% of the cpu with only one page attempting to load.
Last edited by Se7enex; 23rd April 2012 at 02:15 AM.
23rd April 2012, 03:01 AM   |  #215  

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enex

Whenever I browse the internet, (especially when I have multiple tabs open) it freezes. The whole device becomes inoperable and I have to do a hard reset. This never happened to me before this ROM. Are there any internet tweaks you have included I could safely turn off? This is the only real issue I have now :/

US,r5,tried opera, dolphin and firefox. Tried the default internet app and it didnt freeze my device but it was using a whopping 50% of the cpu with only one page attempting to load.

You are not the only one. It seems to do that to CPU consuming games too.
23rd April 2012, 05:00 AM   |  #216  
Flag Shirley, IN

75 posts
Arrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatly

You are not the only one. It seems to do that to CPU consuming games too.

Yeah I couldn't get NFS Hot Pursuit to run at all it also froze up the whole system. I'm even overclocked to 1.2. Although I noticed if you run it with chainfire using low settings it will work. That's however a temporary fix and hopefully the sporadic bluetooth and this odd cpu issue will be resolved by r6.
Last edited by Se7enex; 23rd April 2012 at 05:03 AM.
23rd April 2012, 05:45 AM   |  #217  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Cerritos, CA
Thanks Meter: 5,536

3,476 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enex

Yeah I couldn't get NFS Hot Pursuit to run at all it also froze up the whole system. I'm even overclocked to 1.2. Although I noticed if you run it with chainfire using low settings it will work. That's however a temporary fix and hopefully the sporadic bluetooth and this odd cpu issue will be resolved by r6.

I'll look into it and see what I can do. I've also been noticing that temple run lags pretty badly now, even if I over clock it. But I'm almost positive that these are kernel related issues, not rom related.

Sent using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to klin1344 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 06:20 AM   |  #218  
Flag Shirley, IN

75 posts
Quote:

I'll look into it and see what I can do. I've also been noticing that temple run lags pretty badly now, even if I over clock it. But I'm almost positive that these are kernel related issues, not rom related.

Sent using Tapatalk

I appreciate it this is the only thing I have electronic wise so having the internet working right and games would be awesome! Thanks.

EDIT: I went into CPU settings and made it always run at 1200. I also changed the i/o scheduler to cfq which seems to make things a lot better. However I would imagine constantly running at overclock speed could be damaging but this helps out a bit. The browser still hickups but doesnt freeze too much anymore and I actually managed to launch NFS (slow and very glitchy though).
Last edited by Se7enex; 23rd April 2012 at 06:59 AM.
23rd April 2012, 07:32 PM   |  #219  
Thanks Meter: 958

1,443 posts
Hi klin,

Hate to make a me too post but I've experienced a similar issue. I was browsing on Dolphin and when I attempted to view a video on ESPN, it went wonky. Everything just super lagged and touch response was near unusable.

I rebooted and tried again, this time the video worked but when I went to another webpage, everything lagged again, including my home page and app drawer. My CPU is set at 100/1200 with the sio scheduler, same as I used with R4.

I've gone back to R4 with Steve's kernel at this point and everything is running well. Hopefully, you'll figure it out. Thanks.

Mike T
23rd April 2012, 09:48 PM   |  #220  
Thanks Meter: 58

80 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sent using Tapatalk

I relaunch the superCharger script, because the value you set weren't the same as the one as the script calculated

Try with 8,12,37,44,51,57 (in Mb) and 2048,3072,9472,11264,13056,14592 in Pages (order : Foreground app, Visible app, Secondary server, Hidden app, Service, Empty app)

I'm also using no-frill cpu to set the scheduler to (v)R and the governator to SmartassV2 with a min 100Mhz and max 1.2Ghz

Now the device is stable, I just have to empty manually the memory before launching temple run.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread