XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HowTo] Root official AT&T 2.3.6 Gingerbread and UCLB3 leak - Infuse 4g

Tip us?

mymyankee7
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott30 View Post
Update: For those who don't want to mess with Heimdall and swapping kernels to get root on stock UCLB3, I've put together an Odin tar.md5 that will install the AT&T / Samsung 2.3.6 Gingerbread release with root already installed. This will install just like the Samsung leaks, and comes with all of the same stuff: stock kernel, etc. After I finish testing and uploading it, I'll start a thread in Development.

This will eliminate having to go through a long list of difficult steps to get root on stock UCLB3.

EDIT - I have a working tar.md5 for this, but need to work on it a little more before I post later this weekend.
Newbee here....That would be great. I would like to route my Infuse but I get lost as far as "where" to put "what".

jscott30
Old
(Last edited by jscott30; 22nd April 2012 at 04:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyankee7 View Post
That would be great.
It's all done now and working 100% in every situation I've tried to throw at it. Just had to work out some issues that I was having when I tried it in some situations.

Uploading now, and will post the stock UCLB3 kernel version when uploading is done.
The Following User Says Thank You to jscott30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

toshik1
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
It's all done now and working 100% in every situation I've tried to throw at it. Just had to work out some issues that I was having when I tried it in some situations.

Uploading now, and will post the stock UCLB3 kernel version when uploading is done.
Great! Please let us know exactly where we can find it.

jscott30
Old
(Last edited by jscott30; 22nd April 2012 at 07:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshik1 View Post
Great! Please let us know exactly where we can find it.
Find the Odin flashable package here, this flashes stock UCLB3 with root already installed:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1613523
The Following User Says Thank You to jscott30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mymyankee7
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Find the Odin flashable package here, this flashes stock UCLB3 with root already installed:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1613523
Now this is more like it!! Thanks a ton JScott30.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Now this is more like it!! Thanks a ton JScott30.
I have Odin 1.85. Is it ok to use this latest version or should I stay with the 1.81?

jscott30
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1256
Quote:
I have Odin 1.85. Is it ok to use this latest version or should I stay with the 1.81?
The newer version of Odin should work fine; I just packaged what I happened to have on my notebook at the time.

kentu3
Old
Thanks Meter 39
I just used jscott30s instruction and pack step by step, and my new infuse is happily rooted with 2.3.6.
Thanks a bunch for your work.

mymyankee7
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
The newer version of Odin should work fine; I just packaged what I happened to have on my notebook at the time.
Finally got around to rooting my Infuse. Followed your instructions to a "T". Beautiful man.........again thanks. I installed the ROM manger (free) and Titanium Backup. When doing Backup on Rom manager my Infuse doesn't appear for selection. Should I get the premium or will I encounter the same problem? Should I also install the Rogue Recovery....what do you recommend.

jscott30
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1256
Quote:
Finally got around to rooting my Infuse. Followed your instructions to a "T". Beautiful man.........again thanks. I installed the ROM manger (free) and Titanium Backup. When doing Backup on Rom manager my Infuse doesn't appear for selection. Should I get the premium or will I encounter the same problem? Should I also install the Rogue Recovery....what do you recommend.
Awesome, glad you got it rooted. I'd search or start a new thread about how to use ROM Manager, since that's off topic. Personally, I don't use it and prefer to handle backups in CWM recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

qkster
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4508
Quote:
The i9000 can be used for the infuse on ROM manager. Without offense to anyone or people who had success using ROM manager, the consensus among most of us is NOT to use ROM manager for that purpose. Use CWM recovery for back up as jscott30 had recommended.

The Following User Says Thank You to qkster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]