Post Reply

[HowTo] Root official AT&T 2.3.6 Gingerbread and UCLB3 leak - Infuse 4g

22nd April 2012, 05:02 AM   |  #21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott30

Update: For those who don't want to mess with Heimdall and swapping kernels to get root on stock UCLB3, I've put together an Odin tar.md5 that will install the AT&T / Samsung 2.3.6 Gingerbread release with root already installed. This will install just like the Samsung leaks, and comes with all of the same stuff: stock kernel, etc. After I finish testing and uploading it, I'll start a thread in Development.

This will eliminate having to go through a long list of difficult steps to get root on stock UCLB3.

EDIT - I have a working tar.md5 for this, but need to work on it a little more before I post later this weekend.

Newbee here....That would be great. I would like to route my Infuse but I get lost as far as "where" to put "what".
22nd April 2012, 04:05 PM   |  #22  
jscott30's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,271
 
664 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyankee7

That would be great.

It's all done now and working 100% in every situation I've tried to throw at it. Just had to work out some issues that I was having when I tried it in some situations.

Uploading now, and will post the stock UCLB3 kernel version when uploading is done.
Last edited by jscott30; 22nd April 2012 at 04:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jscott30 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 05:47 PM   |  #23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott30

It's all done now and working 100% in every situation I've tried to throw at it. Just had to work out some issues that I was having when I tried it in some situations.

Uploading now, and will post the stock UCLB3 kernel version when uploading is done.

Great! Please let us know exactly where we can find it.
22nd April 2012, 06:13 PM   |  #24  
jscott30's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,271
 
664 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toshik1

Great! Please let us know exactly where we can find it.

Find the Odin flashable package here, this flashes stock UCLB3 with root already installed:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1613523
Last edited by jscott30; 22nd April 2012 at 07:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jscott30 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 04:45 AM   |  #25  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott30

Find the Odin flashable package here, this flashes stock UCLB3 with root already installed:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1613523

Now this is more like it!! Thanks a ton JScott30.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyankee7

Now this is more like it!! Thanks a ton JScott30.

I have Odin 1.85. Is it ok to use this latest version or should I stay with the 1.81?
23rd April 2012, 05:15 AM   |  #26  
jscott30's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,271
 
664 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyankee7

I have Odin 1.85. Is it ok to use this latest version or should I stay with the 1.81?

The newer version of Odin should work fine; I just packaged what I happened to have on my notebook at the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to jscott30 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 06:22 AM   |  #27  
kentu3's Avatar
Member
Flag San Antonio, Texas
Thanks Meter: 39
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Thumbs up
I just used jscott30s instruction and pack step by step, and my new infuse is happily rooted with 2.3.6.
Thanks a bunch for your work.
25th April 2012, 03:55 PM   |  #28  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott30

The newer version of Odin should work fine; I just packaged what I happened to have on my notebook at the time.

Finally got around to rooting my Infuse. Followed your instructions to a "T". Beautiful man.........again thanks. I installed the ROM manger (free) and Titanium Backup. When doing Backup on Rom manager my Infuse doesn't appear for selection. Should I get the premium or will I encounter the same problem? Should I also install the Rogue Recovery....what do you recommend.
25th April 2012, 04:36 PM   |  #29  
jscott30's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,271
 
664 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyankee7

Finally got around to rooting my Infuse. Followed your instructions to a "T". Beautiful man.........again thanks. I installed the ROM manger (free) and Titanium Backup. When doing Backup on Rom manager my Infuse doesn't appear for selection. Should I get the premium or will I encounter the same problem? Should I also install the Rogue Recovery....what do you recommend.

Awesome, glad you got it rooted. I'd search or start a new thread about how to use ROM Manager, since that's off topic. Personally, I don't use it and prefer to handle backups in CWM recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to jscott30 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #30  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
USA
Thanks Meter: 4,521
 
3,201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymyankee7

Finally got around to rooting my Infuse. Followed your instructions to a "T". Beautiful man.........again thanks. I installed the ROM manger (free) and Titanium Backup. When doing Backup on Rom manager my Infuse doesn't appear for selection. Should I get the premium or will I encounter the same problem? Should I also install the Rogue Recovery....what do you recommend.

The i9000 can be used for the infuse on ROM manager. Without offense to anyone or people who had success using ROM manager, the consensus among most of us is NOT to use ROM manager for that purpose. Use CWM recovery for back up as jscott30 had recommended.

The Following User Says Thank You to qkster For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes