Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[Q] Slow Speeds

OP mpossoff

15th April 2012, 09:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

30 posts
I have an Inspire and I'm getting slow speeds. I'm on unlimited HSPA+ plan and have the correct sim.

What can I do to get better HSPA+ speeds? Currently I'm getting around 2 down.

Thanks!
16th April 2012, 02:26 AM   |  #2  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 495

2,074 posts
More
Maybe that is as high as you can go in your area.
16th April 2012, 10:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoattamer

Maybe that is as high as you can go in your area.

My iPhone 4S gets better speeds though. I thought there was a way to root it to make it faster such as fgd radio?
16th April 2012, 11:18 AM   |  #4  
Flag PA

2,074 posts
More
It's not the rado. It's the build.prop that enables the faster speeds. And I would have thought with the gingerbread addition it would have been enabled by default.

But sure you can root it and install a custom ROM made for better speed (all of them) or adjust the build.prop yourself. To root use Advanced Ace Hack Kit. It is stickied so it shouldn't be hard to find.
The Following User Says Thank You to Agoattamer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 11:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoattamer

It's not the rado. It's the build.prop that enables the faster speeds. And I would have thought with the gingerbread addition it would have been enabled by default.

But sure you can root it and install a custom ROM made for better speed (all of them) or adjust the build.prop yourself. To root use Advanced Ace Hack Kit. It is stickied so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Thanks how to I adjust the build.prop? I tried to search online but can't find any step by step info.
20th April 2012, 12:14 PM   |  #6  
Flag PA

2,074 posts
More
There is a recent thread in the development section.
20th April 2012, 04:14 PM   |  #7  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 516

1,194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpossoff

Thanks how to I adjust the build.prop? I tried to search online but can't find any step by step info.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=982082
21st April 2012, 10:32 PM   |  #8  
Flag Panama
Thanks Meter: 800

2,266 posts
I'm curious about the download speeds as well. Whichever rom I've used the max download speed I've been able to achieve has been 2up, 1down. I've even edited the build prop and played around with it for a day, didn't see any significant changes.
Rebooted the phone twice after making the changes, etc..... question is, did i need to leave the changes for a day or two or even more to see if it actually helped?

On the other hand I have a couple of friends that work installing the towers (or whatever you call those things that gives us data) - in a nutshell, they say that the download speeds is hardware related and not software (they know nothing of rooting phones).... that kinda confused me more than my usually state of mind.

Sent from a dream.
22nd April 2012, 06:02 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 455

1,187 posts
Donate to Me
More
Its true to an extent. For example our phones is capable of 14.4 mbps. And say the tower is a 48mbps. Our phones is limited to what its hardware capable but you can do software tweaks to optimize it to reach its Max. This is where builprop edits and apn settings can make a difference

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

The Following User Says Thank You to marsdta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread