Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OFF-TOPIC] Important Please Read OP (7/1/13)

Tip us?

shrome99
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1530
Wow, i recognize every single person who posted here, but didn't really know anyone

PS - Barca just got screwed 2-1. La liga is definitely gone, hope they get something out of the champions league.....

Sent from a device waiting for Kernel 3, WAKE UP HTC
The Following User Says Thank You to shrome99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

suku_patel_22
Old
Thanks Meter 746
I am Sukumar, a 28 yr old Java software professional.
My first smartphone was back in the hay days of Nokia, the Nokia N72, E51, E66 (don't think we can call those smart now )

Desire S was my first android, got it as my last birthday gift from wifey. I have loved the phone ever since and my wife refers to it as the other woman in my life

I am very fickle minded and have had multiple interests, but never pursued them for a long time. be it photography, or guitaring or swimming.

Guess I am best suited to lazing around at XDA..

HTC One(Stock), Nexus 7(AOSPA/Franco), HTC Desire S(Fallout)
Thanks posts clutter, hit the "Thanks" button instead!

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_pyett View Post
Well done again Oly, quality thread.

Reading the input into this thread, makes me appreciate how lucky we are here in this forum/community.

Swyped form ym Dersie S unsig XAD Permuim
Cheers Ben although I must give credit to Enigmaamit for coming up with the 'introducing yourself' thing - a good way to kick off the thread!

@Shrome I'm a little surprised at Barca's performance lately, I honestly thought it was going to be a draw yesterday.

@Ben ready for the united game?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
Google Nexus 4 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.4
Advent Tegra Note 7 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.2
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

enigmaamit
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1427
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696 View Post
Cheers Ben although I must give credit to Enigmaamit for coming up with the 'introducing yourself' thing - a good way to kick off the thread!

@Shrome I'm a little surprised at Barca's performance lately, I honestly thought it was going to be a draw yesterday.

@Ben ready for the united game?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
Okay, second idea : I see a lot of you have mentioned Games (as in virtual) as your hobbies. Care to detail your gaming rigs (PC config, XBox, PS3) and the favorite games you have ever played?

I'm a PC gamer here in Delhi, where I work. But back home I have access to both a PS3 and an XBox (non-kinect) I just finished Mass Effect 3 a couple of days ago on my PC, and Boy! was it a rush!!

My list of favorites includes the following franchises:

1. Call of Duty - The Modern Warfare Series only
2. Assassin's Creed - nothing like it!
3. Mass Effect trilogy.
4. Crysis (The original Crysis was waaay better than the sequels)
5. Far Cry 1 (FC@ was crap)
6. Devil May Cry 4
7. God of War (Of course!!)
8. Gears of War
9. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Series
10. Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
11. Need for Speed Underground
12. Just Cause 2 : Timepass

What say you?
Quote:
DEVICE 1 : SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 running Dr.Ketan's ROM K9 [4.4.2]

DEVICE 2 : SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII running AOKP ROM [4.4.3]

DEVICE 3 : HTC DESIRE S : S-Off, currently on Fallout ROM by Lowveld [4.03]

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaamit View Post
Okay, second idea : I see a lot of you have mentioned Games (as in virtual) as your hobbies. Care to detail your gaming rigs (PC config, XBox, PS3) and the favorite games you have ever played?

I'm a PC gamer here in Delhi, where I work. But back home I have access to both a PS3 and an XBox (non-kinect) I just finished Mass Effect 3 a couple of days ago on my PC, and Boy! was it a rush!!

My list of favorites includes the following franchises:

1. Call of Duty - The Modern Warfare Series only
2. Assassin's Creed - nothing like it!
3. Mass Effect trilogy.
4. Crysis (The original Crysis was waaay better than the sequels)
5. Far Cry 1 (FC@ was crap)
6. Devil May Cry 4
7. God of War (Of course!!)
8. Gears of War
9. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Series
10. Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
11. Need for Speed Underground
12. Just Cause 2 : Timepass

What say you?
I currently don't have a Xbox/ps3 yet! I'm looking to get one pretty soon though! Which do you recommend?

I do have a Wii though, but hardly ever go on it. I also have a PSP which I use when I'm out and about on holiday, I usually play GTA, FIFA, a couple of racing games etc.

I also use the Galaxy Tab to play a couple of games, I have completed GTA III (24% completed really longg game!), FIFA 12, 9MM HD, Modern Combat 3 (excellent game - especially the multiplayer online option) Shadow gun etc.

On the ipad, I'm looking to buy these games, (especially GTA - it would rock on the A5X chip & 9.7" retina display, rather than on the Galaxy, where it lags due to the single core chip, and tiny 7" screen)

But I can't justify paying for these apps, AGAIN from Apple, when I've already licensed them from Google...

Yep, so not much of a real console gamer, I usually play on tablets etc
Google Nexus 4 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.4
Advent Tegra Note 7 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.2
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

shrome99
Old
(Last edited by shrome99; 22nd April 2012 at 09:39 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1530
OK, here's my take on these -

1) CoD is awesome
2) Never really understood AC, since i started playing from Brotherhood, and now AC 1 seems to old to be played...
3) God of War is the best game i ever played. Only thing i miss on my Xbox 360 (coming from PS2)
4) NFS seems to have become crappy lately, Most Wanted and Carbon were great, after that they removed the stories, so i didn't play them. The Run was nice, but pretty short.
The others, i never tried....

@Oly - PS3, hands down. Free online gaming, and Sony's exclusive games are too good to forgo. My brother bought the Xbox despite my advise of getting a PS3, but it's pretty nice too.

Also, since David Villa's injury, Barca seems to be short of strikers, i just hope they win the champions league, or else the Madrid supporters at school will torture me all year
The Following User Says Thank You to shrome99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

enigmaamit
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1427
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696 View Post
I currently don't have a Xbox/ps3 yet! I'm looking to get one pretty soon though! Which do you recommend?

I do have a Wii though, but hardly ever go on it. I also have a PSP which I use when I'm out and about on holiday, I usually play GTA, FIFA, a couple of racing games etc.

I also use the Galaxy Tab to play a couple of games, I have completed GTA III (24% completed really longg game!), FIFA 12, 9MM HD, Modern Combat 3 (excellent game - especially the multiplayer online option) Shadow gun etc.

On the ipad, I'm looking to buy these games, (especially GTA - it would rock on the A5X chip & 9.7" retina display, rather than on the Galaxy, where it lags due to the single core chip, and tiny 7" screen)

But I can't justify paying for these apps, AGAIN from Apple, when I've already licensed them from Google...

Yep, so not much of a real console gamer, I usually play on tablets etc
Which console you buy is a very personal choice, oly.

It depends upon what kind of games you play and which franchises you consider indispensable.

If you're a Gears of War or Halo fan, you will take a plunge for the xbox, while if games like God of War (interesting, isn't it, the two top games from competing platform having almost identical names??) get your heart pumping, PS3 is your calling.

Secondly, I personally feel that the PS3 has better graphics, and an overall excellent BluRay DVD player thrown in for free!! I'd go for the PS3 (You HAVE to play God of War in HD to understand what I'm talking about), although I understand that there are more game titles available for the xbox currently.

Since we are off topic (is there a topic here?? Guess not ), just saw some leaks of the new Samsung Galaxy SIII : looks like a Quad Core ARM7 processor - I don't know if this is an early prototype or the real thing, but for the first time, the Galaxy series seems to have done away with that iPhone clone central hard button. Time will tell.

Have a look :

Source : http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2012/0...e-galaxy-siii/

Video :
Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to enigmaamit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pughie
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Could never really get into PC gaming more of a console based gamer since the days of the Sega Genesis/megadrive...my age is showing here...

In no particular I enjoy :-

Call of duty games especially online multiplayer team games ie capture the flag
Gran Turismo 5 ( I work with cars so i guess that was a given )
Assassins Creed
Portal 2
La noir
Wipeout (great with a 3d tv)
Little big planet
Street fighter series ( fan since coin op sf2)
Mario kart (my daughter can't get enough of it, therefore neither can I )
Metal gear solid series are probably my favorite all time games though

enigmaamit
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1427
Quote:
Originally Posted by pughie View Post
Could never really get into PC gaming more of a console based gamer since the days of the Sega Genesis/megadrive...my age is showing here...

In no particular I enjoy :-

Call of duty games especially online multiplayer team games ie capture the flag
Gran Turismo 5 ( I work with cars so i guess that was a given )
Assassins Creed
Portal 2
La noir
Wipeout (great with a 3d tv)
Little big planet
Street fighter series ( fan since coin op sf2)
Mario kart (my daughter can't get enough of it, therefore neither can I )
Yup... don't know how i forgot to mention it...Portal 2 is A.W.E.S.O.M.E..!!
Quote:

shrome99
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1530
One X > {Insert name of one of the million Galaxies}

If you look at Samsung's strategy, they are just spamming the market with tons of phones. Some of them are just pointless (Galaxy Ace Plus for example, considering the much better Ace 2). Also, i can bet that there will be many variants of the S3 like the S2. One of the S2 variants has an Exonys chip, the other one has a Snapdragon S3 (the one in Sensation) and there's a third one with a PowerVR. That's not it, all of them have the same name, Galaxy S2. The Note is even worse, one has a Dual core exonys (very nice) and the other one has a single core Snapdragon S2 (the one in Sensation XL), since they have the same name, the buyer mayget confused and buy the device he doesn't want.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe