Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 41,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

screwed up my camera .apk

Tip us?

infested_virus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default screwed up my camera .apk

So i was trying to remove the shutter sound and focus sound from the camera.
I came across this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1229272

This is what i did: I moved the new camera apk into the system>apps folder using root explorer. Then i changed the permissions to rwxrwxrwx. Then did a reboot. When i try the camera, it force closes. I fooooolishily did not backup the original apk.

Im not sure why it didnt work. Im new and im not sure what how to use the script files in the zip in the other thread. I tried to download the original rogers rom, but its no longer available. I tried a bunch of other htccamera.apks and they dont work. Maybe the htccamera.apk is specific to a 5 mp camera.

Either way i dont wanna do a factory reset just yet, could someone upload a camera from htc raider 2.3.4. With sense 3.0? or help me fix the camera? As a bonus, maybe someone could explain what the two script files do.

I thank anyone who contributes in advance and apologize if this is in the wrong section or for any conventions i broke.

iStatiK
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by infested_virus View Post
So i was trying to remove the shutter sound and focus sound from the camera.
I came across this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1229272

This is what i did: I moved the new camera apk into the system>apps folder using root explorer. Then i changed the permissions to rwxrwxrwx. Then did a reboot. When i try the camera, it force closes. I fooooolishily did not backup the original apk.

Im not sure why it didnt work. Im new and im not sure what how to use the script files in the zip in the other thread. I tried to download the original rogers rom, but its no longer available. I tried a bunch of other htccamera.apks and they dont work. Maybe the htccamera.apk is specific to a 5 mp camera.

Either way i dont wanna do a factory reset just yet, could someone upload a camera from htc raider 2.3.4. With sense 3.0? or help me fix the camera? As a bonus, maybe someone could explain what the two script files do.

I thank anyone who contributes in advance and apologize if this is in the wrong section or for any conventions i broke.
This belongs in the general section. However, you can turn the shutter off. Open Camera, hit menu button, settings, scroll down, uncheck shutter sound.

Also,
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1557107
I'll be there when the burn the last Honky Tonk down ~ R.I.P Wayne Mills
You have an absolutely...breath-taking....hiney. I mean that thing is good.

Collection of Xposed Modules :
Here

infested_virus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
There is no option to turn off shutter, i looked, 4 times. And even if i could, i would wanna remove focus sound too.

The link you posted, i tried that too, both versions, still doesnt work.

iStatiK
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by infested_virus View Post
There is no option to turn off shutter, i looked, 4 times. And even if i could, i would wanna remove focus sound too.

The link you posted, i tried that too, both versions, still doesnt work.
You're still on 2.3.4? Download the ROM youre using and pull the apk from then and put in in system/apps. Then clear cache and dalvik.
I'll be there when the burn the last Honky Tonk down ~ R.I.P Wayne Mills
You have an absolutely...breath-taking....hiney. I mean that thing is good.

Collection of Xposed Modules :
Here

infested_virus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Im using the stock rom because i dont like to constantly update if i used a custom (sometimes they are unstable). Rogers didnt come up with ics yet. I think i mentioned in my first post, i tried to download the rom from the stock rom thread, but its not available anymore. Maybe factoryfiles lost the rogers rom. I downloaded another ruu but its .exe. when i extract it there are 4 small files and one large 400mb data file and i cant extraxt that one. This is why im making the post, i would like for someone to post a 2.3.4 htc.camera.apk or somehow solve it (because i made some mistake that isnt obvious to me)

P. S. Whats delvik and do you suggest a rom?