Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 50,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help]can't root ics with zeronull method

Tip us?

Narfoid
Old
(Last edited by Narfoid; 21st April 2012 at 11:51 PM.) Reason: missing vital info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] [Help]can't root ics with zeronull method

I downloaded ics_rooting.zip, run it, and after the preliminary files are copied I get this message:
/data/local/tools/mempodroid: not executable: magic 7f45
Su not created

I'm am running the "official" ice posted today, had same problem with the leaked version.

I got this tab with hc, rooted it and inserted the a500 custom build.prop. later I updated to ics. Now when I plug into PC it tries to install a500 drivers... maybe this has something to do with it?

Obviously something is remaining of the old build but as far as I know there is no way to do a full clean wipe without rooting and unlocking bootloader. All that factory reset does is wipe the internal sd (/mnt/sdcard/) leaving everything else untouched.

Any help would be appreciated

mapaz04
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Go to the ACER site and download the ICS drivers for the ICONIA... that may be your issue. If you dont update those you will not be able to ROOT...
teaMJPx/mapaz04 - WP7 & Android - Hit "THANKS" if i've been able to help you
The Following User Says Thank You to mapaz04 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Narfoid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up thanks

I downloaded the a510 ics driver from Acer website, then had to disable a100 driver via device manager, and it worked