Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: AOKP or CM9
AOKP 56 50.00%
CM9 56 50.00%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] AOKP or CM9?

Tip us?

Narathan
Old
Thanks Meter 15
That's odd. In my experience, CM9 was sluggish and FC'ing all the time - I'm on AOKP 32 now and haven't had a single FC I see everybody talking about... And it's much more snappier then stock rom!

I've a korean version though, so I'm not sure if that makes it any different. Only issue I have is a "rolling" screen when I boot up the system + first lock screen. Turn the screen off and back on, not a single problem. (but thats a issue with the korean tab I read)
The Following User Says Thank You to Narathan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redwreck
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSBMudkip View Post
In my experience the AOKP rom is a lot less stable than cm9, but much more configurable. I had this problem with aokp where the system UI would force close nonstop, which was unbelievably annoying, so I switched to cm9 and havent looked back.
+1
The Following User Says Thank You to redwreck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SamerBerjawi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
i just installed AOKP build 33, it's really nice but as said before, the System UI FC is really annoying, and the nav bar keeps on autohiding. however, when I disabled the nav bar glow, the system UI doesn't FC anymore. I'll test AOKP for a while, and then I'll try CM9. I have finals on monday, so I won't be able to switch a lot between roms.

thanks all for your help
Samsung Galaxy S4 | Apple iPhone 5 | LGE Nexus 4 | Samsung Galaxy S III | HTC Rezound | Samsung Galaxy S II | Motorola Droid X | Samsung Galaxy S
Microsoft Surface RT | Samsung Nexus 10 | Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

SamerBerjawi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
just got another SysUI FC, seems that nav bar glow didn't solve the problem.
Samsung Galaxy S4 | Apple iPhone 5 | LGE Nexus 4 | Samsung Galaxy S III | HTC Rezound | Samsung Galaxy S II | Motorola Droid X | Samsung Galaxy S
Microsoft Surface RT | Samsung Nexus 10 | Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

DiscipleRob
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have AOKP Build 34 installed and it is snappy and fast. I'll be checking out the CM9 nightly this weekend, so I'll let you know.

Rob

eXiled Killah
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I've tried both AOKP ICS and CM9 ICS on my samsung galaxy tab 10.1. For me, the CM9 feels smoother, but the AOKP gives more ROM control features. For now, I'd like a smooth tablet..
The Following User Says Thank You to eXiled Killah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SgtMacabre
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Thumbs up cm9 or aokp

I have the cm9 in my 10.1 wifi now and I like it but when you multi task the launcher crashes frequently, although it does restart quickly.

The screen flickers often as many people have mentioned as well

Other than that its pretty good

The best part is the loss of touchwiz UI. The feel of touch operations is so much more responsive and smooth

anushajayanti
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Pershoot ICS builds

I have been using Pershoots latest builds on my tab, and things are fine but for the occasional flicker.

AOKP definately has more option for ROM control, and UI customization too. It allows for 5 icons instead of the standard three, and allows for setting custom options for long press of these icons. .
I reverted to CM9 though because even P5 AOKP is quite buggy. Some times you can't place the icons from the app drawer on a screen ( the screen just rotates twice), touch sensitivity seemed to be lesser.

The touch sensitivity on the pershoots build is quite good. I am able to comfortably play Temple Run, which used to be a disaster before.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1528529
This thread might help you.

Riton81
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by anushajayanti View Post
I have been using Pershoots latest builds on my tab, and things are fine but for the occasional flicker.

AOKP definately has more option for ROM control, and UI customization too. It allows for 5 icons instead of the standard three, and allows for setting custom options for long press of these icons. .
I reverted to CM9 though because even P5 AOKP is quite buggy. Some times you can't place the icons from the app drawer on a screen ( the screen just rotates twice), touch sensitivity seemed to be lesser.

The touch sensitivity on the pershoots build is quite good. I am able to comfortably play Temple Run, which used to be a disaster before.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1528529
This thread might help you.
+1

scotty1825
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I've been running cm9 on my tab for about a month now. I'm currently using pershoot's newest and it runs perfect.
Scotty

Sent from my galaxy tab running cm 9