Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 41,297 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] ZR3D 4.3GT! (7-3) [team420] beats, fast! (ota-2.17.651.5)

Tip us?

Lrod0175
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2744

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkillers View Post
Don't want to turn it off... Just curious if there's a way to put her to sleep until needed as opposed to always awake

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
There is couple of things you need to achieve that, one is the mpdecision, that's the file that HTC puts in there to control CPU1, basically what it does is that it gets CPU1 offline and online when needed, secondly you need to clear the init.post_boot.sh of any dualcore script, that will take your CPU1 back to HTC stock settings, I'm looking into a simple way to do this for you guys that like to run CPU1 offline and online when needed, I may throw a zip with the files needed.

Qualcom made our CPU to run dualcore @ 1512000mhz stock, but HTC underclocks it to 118800mhz and throws the mpdecision file to run cpu0 all the time and CPU1 offline and online when more processing power is needed, that is due to carrier's specs, so basically when u running dualcore, you are running the cpus the way they were made to run.

Team 420 Special Blends
LROD'S LG G2 On OpTimuS
Next Launcher 3D, LGHome
OpTimuS DE V2.3
Furnace Kernel
If you're not happy with what you have, modify the crap out of it!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lrod0175 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

starkillers
Old
Thanks Meter 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrod0175 View Post
There is couple of things you need to achieve that, one is the mpdecision, that's the file that HTC puts in there to control CPU1, basically what it does is that it gets CPU1 offline and online when needed, secondly you need to clear the init.post_boot.sh of any dualcore script, that will take your CPU1 back to HTC stock settings, I'm looking into a simple way to do this for you guys that like to run CPU1 offline and online when needed, I may throw a zip with the files needed.

Qualcom made our CPU to run dualcore @ 1512000mhz stock, but HTC underclocks it to 118800mhz and throws the mpdecision file to run cpu0 all the time and CPU1 offline and online when more processing power is needed, that is due to carrier's specs, so basically when u running dualcore, you are running the cpus the way they were made to run.

Team 420 Special Blends
This is why this Rom is sick... thanks team
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starkillers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

intheb0x
Old
Thanks Meter 357

DONATE TO ME
Just flashed the new 2.4b and once again I'm impressed, keep up the good work guys this ROM blows my mind...

Makes me wonder why I ever jumped on the Samsung Wagon with the epic and the nexus when the ROM support for the og evo and now 3D Is just so good...

Every Sammy device I've ever had, has had horrible gps, the gps on HTC devices always locks instantly and never loses signal...

This phone is a beast with this ROM!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
-Proud Att Note 2 Owner-
Go Android Or Go Home
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to intheb0x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

starkillers
Old
Thanks Meter 288
A little off topic but heres to hoping that Drop will dev for either evo lte or sammy gs3... Still haven't decided which way to go. But this team will certainly help make my decision
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starkillers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

notsointeresting
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1931

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsbj6508 View Post
Drop I know that you got sense 3.5 Rosie working on your ROM. Is there anyway to get the quick settings widget from sense 3.5 working too?

Sent from my ELITE3D!
This isn't the actual Rosie.apk from Sense 3.5. It is still the Sense 3.0 Rosie just themed to closely resemble Sense 3.5.

But the confusion is a good thing! Means a good job was done!

Follow me on Google+
Follow me on Twitter
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to notsointeresting For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

intheb0x
Old
(Last edited by intheb0x; 22nd April 2012 at 06:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 357

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by twister99403 View Post
go to your homescreen, drag the sense clock down to edit, click on current location and click "show full screen animations"...

OH AND BTW...rom is still running like a dream, no issues with ziggy kernel on lag free
My weather animation doesn't work either and I cannot drag down to edit because edit is grayed out.
This is sense 4 clock..

Edit.
I used the weather clock in HTC widgets and now I have it so I take it that the sense 4 clock doesn't have that feature?

Looking at the sense 4 clock and stock htc weather flip clock widget, it's not really too different besides font and size...

-Proud Att Note 2 Owner-
Go Android Or Go Home
The Following User Says Thank You to intheb0x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

intheb0x
Old
Thanks Meter 357

DONATE TO ME
Questions,
I have awesome idle battery life, but usage battery life like gtalking, pandora, pretty much everything kills my full battery in about 4-5 hours max, otherwise idle time can go 15 hours +,this is on the stock kernel.

Any recommendations on another kernel that can save battery better during usage? With my old nexus we had a huge selection of governors that were made to optimize usage power and helped significantly.
I'm very happy with the power of this device, I don't need it over clocked but want something that can handle the battery better, perhaps there's a custom kernel or under volted and under clocked /tweaked to really save power?

Let's just put it this way, I have three batteries and in a eight to nine hour period I'm already basically out of juice on the second lol.

-Proud Att Note 2 Owner-
Go Android Or Go Home
The Following User Says Thank You to intheb0x For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jcorcione
Old
(Last edited by jcorcione; 22nd April 2012 at 09:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 127

DONATE TO ME
So I installed 4ext recovery. Do I need to uninstall the clockwork recovery? The reason I ask is that I downloaded a theme to flash with 4ext and the theme is not taking. I am s_on using 2.4
hboot 1.5.

Update. Okay I am a dumb ass its the recovery theme not the skin or "theme" of the UI and icons of the phone. I am such a moron.

Sent from my EVO 3D using xda premium

Thanks
John
Current Phone:

Samsung GS4 Stock Rooted
  • Successful MF9 firmware upgrade
  • Rooted via CF method
  • TWRP Recovery 2.5.0.0
  • Stock Recovery Currently

Past Phones:

Samsung GS3 Rooted
  • JB 15.6.0
  • Stock ROM JB 4.1.1
  • TWRP Recovery 2.4.4.1
HTC EVO 3D 4G Rooted
  • MeanROM 1.7 ; 2.6.1
  • ZR3DX 2.1 ROM
  • Android 4.0.3
  • HTC Sense 3.6 Stock Kernel
  • S-ON 1.5 HBoot/HTC Unlock Method
  • 4exT Recovery Control
HTC EVO 4G Rooted
  • CM ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to jcorcione For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cdsbj6508
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsointeresting View Post
This isn't the actual Rosie.apk from Sense 3.5. It is still the Sense 3.0 Rosie just themed to closely resemble Sense 3.5.

But the confusion is a good thing! Means a good job was done!
Wow, well I have to say job well done on that it completely fooled me!

Sent from my ELITE3D!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdsbj6508 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

miggsr
Old
Thanks Meter 865
Good morning to all who is awake

Comin at you live in 3D
HTC unlocked
Hboot 1.5
TWRP. 2.1.1
Thnx to Dropzeroc & Team420
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1335090216936.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1018555  

Currently Using: HTC One M8 Sprint
HTC Locked
Rom: Beta Tester/ Abuser
Hboot: Firewater S-off
Recovery: CTB TWRP 2.7.0.8

Team420 & Bad Sprouts

Get some bonus space:
https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTExMzAwMDYwOQ

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miggsr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
420, amazing rom!, bad ass rom!!!, balls to the wall, ftw, makes my nipples hard, special blends, zr3d