Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Re: [CM7/MIUI Kernel][KANG][APR18][NEW] ETaNa v3.0.y with Spica (c) OTF ToolKit

OP Najmuddin NP

21st April 2012, 05:13 AM   |  #1  
Najmuddin NP's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 19
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Am new to android so plz correct me if am wrong.
1.Does this kernel have any bugs?
2.And if yes which would be a stable kernel for cm 7

Am experiencing network drops and battery is acting kinda weird like one moment it will be on 90 and the other it will be 80 ( and yeah I have calliberated after charging it to 100% ). Is there anyone else with this problem.. sorry I didn't have the patience for reading this entire thread. ( sorry for my bad English. ) So please help..

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA
21st April 2012, 07:45 PM   |  #2  
Pascalone19's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Najmuddin NP

Am new to android so plz correct me if am wrong.
1.Does this kernel have any bugs?
2.And if yes which would be a stable kernel for cm 7

Am experiencing network drops and battery is acting kinda weird like one moment it will be on 90 and the other it will be 80 ( and yeah I have calliberated after charging it to 100% ). Is there anyone else with this problem.. sorry I didn't have the patience for reading this entire thread. ( sorry for my bad English. ) So please help..

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA

Hello I installed this kernel looks on cm7 and have not had any problems, bugs or viruses, is very stable and has frequent updates!
22nd April 2012, 05:10 AM   |  #3  
DrummerMuppet's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Caracas
Thanks Meter: 519
 
607 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
From what I have read in that thread, that kernel has a bug that makes /system read-only. There's also a workaround to fix it, though.

Sent using some sticks and gum, just as McGyver would
22nd April 2012, 06:24 AM   |  #4  
k101d's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hatyai
Thanks Meter: 253
 
822 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerMuppet

From what I have read in that thread, that kernel has a bug that makes /system read-only. There's also a workaround to fix it, though.

Sent using some sticks and gum, just as McGyver would

Not for me I always can set R/W for /system this kernel work like a charm.
23rd April 2012, 04:58 AM   |  #5  
Najmuddin NP's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 19
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
But what does R/W has to do with battery level fluctuations.. network is kind of stable now. But the battery level fluctuations are occurring as usual. Am I the only one with this kind of weird problem ...

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA
Last edited by Najmuddin NP; 23rd April 2012 at 07:03 AM.
23rd April 2012, 07:05 AM   |  #6  
Najmuddin NP's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 19
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Really good kernel.. that's what holding me back from flashing another kernel.. please some one help..

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA
23rd April 2012, 01:21 PM   |  #7  
Member
Flag Saarwellingen
Thanks Meter: 8
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Yes this Kernel is good, but he have the r/w issue...

Because that, i use the ETaNa 2.6 Kernel. He runs also very nice and have a good battery life
23rd April 2012, 05:21 PM   |  #8  
Najmuddin NP's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 19
 
174 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Perhaps the DS battery driver was causing the problem with the weird battery readings... just flashed a kernel without it everythings back to normal.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA
24th April 2012, 04:20 AM   |  #9  
k101d's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hatyai
Thanks Meter: 253
 
822 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydras

Yes this Kernel is good, but he have the r/w issue...

Because that, i use the ETaNa 2.6 Kernel. He runs also very nice and have a good battery life

Try to install new superuser from play store it solved my problem about system R/W.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes