5,596,235 Members 35,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][OCT 1][ICS 4.0.4] aospX 1.0.0-MR1 | IMM76L | Source | WIP

Tip us?

stavros3006
Old
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Existz, just reporting that Maps haven't crashed or made the phone reboot not even once so far, it found my location instantly and also noticed that the weather app and widget are also fixed (prior to AR30 it couldn't find my location until Google Maps haven't previously located where I was). You mentioned that you removed something you suspected it might be causing the reboots in maps, maybe that was it.

I think you're on to something. Browser also didn't crash while visiting the same site I was visiting on AR29 when it rebooted, but I'm still testing that one out.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Running Slim Bean

I don't suffer from insanity. I quite enjoy it.
The Following User Says Thank You to stavros3006 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m177er
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by existz View Post
Yea harpo1 has covered most of it..But what build error are you getting? The reason I ask is because there was some issues with my source up until last night that broke the build.. so it could be as easy as just resyncing .. (if the error is in regards to iptables)

But also, I've only built on Ubuntu so I'm not sure what's needed (if anything) to build on arch ...so there's a chance that could be it...I run Ubuntu 10.10 (this is just a personal preference) on a Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz and 4gb ram..with ccache , ..the initial sync and build may take awhile (few hours depending on setup) but after that first build (and especially with ccache) it doesn't take that long ...a full clean build only takes me about 45min (this is after 1 build with ccache enabled ).. then on a dirty build it just depends on what was changed

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA
I had synced the repo after you had made the changes to iptables. The error was:

/home/m177er/aospx_source/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/grxmlcompile_intermediates/grxmlcompile.o) Error 1

I downgraded gcc and the gcc-multilibs and the build is running now.

I would like to say a big THANK YOU for spending all the time that you must to put this ROM together. Looking at all those files and keeping all the commits straight seems like a huge undertaking. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
The Following User Says Thank You to m177er For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

existz
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 7147

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by m177er View Post
I had synced the repo after you had made the changes to iptables. The error was:

/home/m177er/aospx_source/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/grxmlcompile_intermediates/grxmlcompile.o) Error 1

I downgraded gcc and the gcc-multilibs and the build is running now.

I would like to say a big THANK YOU for spending all the time that you must to put this ROM together. Looking at all those files and keeping all the commits straight seems like a huge undertaking. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Lol yea just updating stuff from AOSP master and CAF is time consuming, I have to check them daily (literally) and update accordingly just to keep it building, let alone bug tracking. CAF not so much, but they update daily and if I get behind then its painful trying to stay up to date...but here lately with aosp master they have been moving alot of stuff around, and since everything syncs from them, I have to keep mine updated.. Honestly I probably spend 60-70% of the time just trying to stay up to date, and the other 30-40% tracking down bugs lol

LG Nexus 5
ROM: Stock 4.4.2 KOT49H
Kernel: Faux 008 3.4+
Radio: M8974A-1.0.25.0.15

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
ROM: AOKPx 4.2.2
Kernel: 3.0.80

HTC Inspire 4G
ROM: aospX 4.0.4
Radio: 12.59.60.26P_26.11.04.21_M
RIL: HTC-RIL 2.2.0018G AOSP

Other Devices
Google Chromecast
Samsung Captivate
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1"
Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7"

Github: https://github.com/existz
Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/aospx
Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/aospx

LinuxMint Petra [Mate 1.8.0] || 3.13-6.dmz.1-liquorix || AMD A6-4400M 2.7ghz + 8GB
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to existz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nhshah7
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by stavros3006 View Post
Existz, just reporting that Maps haven't crashed or made the phone reboot not even once so far, it found my location instantly and also noticed that the weather app and widget are also fixed (prior to AR30 it couldn't find my location until Google Maps haven't previously located where I was). You mentioned that you removed something you suspected it might be causing the reboots in maps, maybe that was it.

I think you're on to something. Browser also didn't crash while visiting the same site I was visiting on AR29 when it rebooted, but I'm still testing that one out.
sorry but i have to disagree with the maps issue being fixed in 29

had a reboot yesterday and I was just trying to find a location, not even navigate. will get a logcat up as soon as I can reproduce it. might be within the next day or two.

thanks for the awesome and frequent updates ex

downloading 30 now!
Nexus 7 FHD: 4.4.2 stock, unlocked bootloader

HTC One XL: CleanROM 7R2

Nokia Lumia 800: WinPhone 7.8

Retired devices: Asus Transformer Prime, Nokia E62, Nokia E61, HTC Fuze, HTC Tilt2, Nokia E72, HTC Inspire

Hit thanks if I helped you please

kennypow3rs
Old
Thanks Meter 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhshah7 View Post

had a reboot yesterday and I was just trying to find a location, not even navigate. will get a logcat up as soon as I can reproduce it. might be within the next day or two.

downloading 30 now!
Reboot or lockup? My inspire actually never reboots, it will just lock up and sit there for about 15 minutes before it actually reboots on its on without a battery pull. With that said i started fresh from 30 with a full complete wipe and no lockups yet. Im sure ill run into one eventually but thats apart of the whole alpha process. Thanks for your hard work existz
HTC One M7
HTC One M8
Moto G

nhshah7
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypow3rs View Post
Reboot or lockup? My inspire actually never reboots, it will just lock up and sit there for about 15 minutes before it actually reboots on its on without a battery pull. With that said i started fresh from 30 with a full complete wipe and no lockups yet. Im sure ill run into one eventually but thats apart of the whole alpha process. Thanks for your hard work existz
ummm I had reboots on 28. Can't quite remember which it was yesterday, but it might have been a lockup where I pulled the battery? Not really sure though. Hopefully next time I can get a logcat when I'm using maps to try to catch it.
Nexus 7 FHD: 4.4.2 stock, unlocked bootloader

HTC One XL: CleanROM 7R2

Nokia Lumia 800: WinPhone 7.8

Retired devices: Asus Transformer Prime, Nokia E62, Nokia E61, HTC Fuze, HTC Tilt2, Nokia E72, HTC Inspire

Hit thanks if I helped you please

stavros3006
Old
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhshah7 View Post

downloading 30 now!
Actually I was referring to AR30, not AR29. Haven't had a single issue with maps on AR30.

Cheers
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Running Slim Bean

I don't suffer from insanity. I quite enjoy it.

jonathan413
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Just putting in my two cents here...I had two lock-ups on Facebook and a lock-up on the game temple run..not sure if it had to do with 2d gpu rendering as with that on the graphics were a little jumbled on the speed test app only but since turning it off things seem a little better..no lock-ups and graphics in apps display quickly now.

grumpy.medic
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy GPS Issues - Still

Hey all.

I am posting this now as I have exhausted all of my options to resolve my GPS issue(s).

Instead of locking on in Google Maps, I get "Your current location is temporarily not available" error. This issue persists after applying Inspire Mod as posted in OP and AGPS Patch Inspire 4G alike.

Really would like my GPS back and if anyone feels like helping, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.
My GPS has worked fine on other ROMs other than taking about a minute to lock onto a decent signal.

Thanks in advance!

5g5 5kЯ0ck37 - n3Xu5 nn0d
h7c n5pr3 4g - c5 λ05pX
7O5h8λ 7hrvE - Я00736 00nn
pλd - jλ18R0K3n
nnλcb00kpЯ0 5 - u8un7u n477y nλrvvhλ1

| Dropbox | BF3 Boot Screen | My Signature Picture | Report Bad Link |

Cmrune
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy.medic View Post
Hey all.

I am posting this now as I have exhausted all of my options to resolve my GPS issue(s).

Instead of locking on in Google Maps, I get "Your current location is temporarily not available" error. This issue persists after applying Inspire Mod as posted in OP and AGPS Patch Inspire 4G alike.

Really would like my GPS back and if anyone feels like helping, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.
My GPS has worked fine on other ROMs other than taking about a minute to lock onto a decent signal.

Thanks in advance!
The only thing that worked for me was using the GPS status app.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Tags
aospx, existz