OP ljbaumer

22nd April 2012, 04:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 83

688 posts
More
Hey everyone,

I want to revert my HTC Rezound to stock. I am currently on gingerbread rooted but my root is not working at all in ADB or any other apps and I think I rooted incorrectly, is there some way I can run an SBF or something like that and just flip back to the stock non rooted rom and start all over?

If not, can someone link me to some instructions or post some instructions on how I can revert my htc rezound completely back to stock?

Thanks,
Ljbaumer
22nd April 2012, 05:10 AM   |  #2  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 45

216 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljbaumer

Hey everyone,

I want to revert my HTC Rezound to stock. I am currently on gingerbread rooted but my root is not working at all in ADB or any other apps and I think I rooted incorrectly, is there some way I can run an SBF or something like that and just flip back to the stock non rooted rom and start all over?

If not, can someone link me to some instructions or post some instructions on how I can revert my htc rezound completely back to stock?

Thanks,
Ljbaumer

Here is a link to the thread with the RUUs (Like SBF, but for HTC). Scrosler also has them on his site as well.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1338916
http://www.cleanroms.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to OLDsJUNKIE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 05:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag California

688 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDsJUNKIE

Here is a link to the thread with the RUUs (Like SBF, but for HTC). Scrosler also has them on his site as well.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1338916
http://www.cleanroms.com/

Ok thanks a lot mate, do you think you could give me some basic instructions as to how to flash these and which one to download? the .zip, normal, or exe?

Thanks,
Ljbaumer
22nd April 2012, 05:40 AM   |  #4  
Flag Indiana

216 posts
More
Quote:

Ok thanks a lot mate, do you think you could give me some basic instructions as to how to flash these and which one to download? the .zip, normal, or exe?

Thanks,
Ljbaumer

I usually use the exe. It will walk you through the steps on your PC. Or I believe you can flash the .zip from recovery with choose zip from SD option. You will have to have the bootloader locked to run them though.
22nd April 2012, 06:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag California

688 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDsJUNKIE

I usually use the exe. It will walk you through the steps on your PC. Or I believe you can flash the .zip from recovery with choose zip from SD option. You will have to have the bootloader locked to run them though.

Ok thanks again

So I am downloading the exe right now and it will finish in 2 hours or so, are you saying that if I am trying to run it I need to have to have a locked bootloader?

I know mine is unlocked right now, do I just lock it from the HTC website? If so what do I need to lock it again?
The Following User Says Thank You to ljbaumer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 07:17 AM   |  #6  
Flag Indiana

216 posts
More
Quote:

Ok thanks again

So I am downloading the exe right now and it will finish in 2 hours or so, are you saying that if I am trying to run it I need to have to have a locked bootloader?

I know mine is unlocked right now, do I just lock it from the HTC website? If so what do I need to lock it again?

You lock it in fastboot with "fastboot oem lock" command without the quotes. No need for HTCdev in this case
22nd April 2012, 07:20 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,278

5,253 posts
More
Before going through the RUU, try the Unsecured kernel if you wish to run root commands through ADB.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1443324

It is an overclocked kernel. If you don't want it you need to lower the max cpu clock with CPU Master.
Last edited by Snuzzo; 22nd April 2012 at 07:23 AM.
22nd April 2012, 06:59 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag California

688 posts
More
Ok just re-locked the bootloader through fastboot in CMD, if I want to unlock it in the future can I just do fastboot unlock or whatever?

I am going to run the RUU .exe right now, I take it you just do that all from the bootloader?

Thanks,
Ljbaumer
The Following User Says Thank You to ljbaumer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 07:01 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,278

5,253 posts
More
Quote:

Ok just re-locked the bootloader through fastboot in CMD, if I want to unlock it in the future can I just do fastboot unlock or whatever?

I am going to run the RUU .exe right now, I take it you just do that all from the bootloader?

Thanks,
Ljbaumer

1. Yup, just hold onto the unlock_code.bin

2. Have it name PH98IMG.zip, make sure you are either s-off or on GB firmware. Have you flashed the ICS leaked firmware?
22nd April 2012, 07:13 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag California

688 posts
More
I am in the middle of flashing the .exe RUU from my computer and I was just on GB Sense rooted (kinda it was funky) and I just wanted to go back to stock and then unlock, root, and install clean rom and whatever kernel I need with that.

I think I still have my unlock_code.bin from my first unlocking, I am not sure if I have PH98IMG.zip still though... if I don't have it where would I get it from?

I would like to install this rom, can I just go straight from stock HTC sense after the RUU and install it using the instructions on the ROM thread or do I have to unlock my bootloader again? If so can someone link me to some step by step instructions or just post them in the thread?

Thanks for all of the help,
Ljbaumer
Last edited by ljbaumer; 22nd April 2012 at 07:21 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread