Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 40,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Get Chrome from market if you are on ICS

Tip us?

droidfoshizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I love it.. love how the tabs work as well as it feels so natural for mobile devices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

crispy1805
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravi2 View Post
same issue. Chrome force closes. I have tried clearing the cache data and even reinstalled it couple of times.

I am on 4.0.3 , UCALC4 and sensation rom.

I even reinstalled my ROM. It worked for a while. Then... The Same issue. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Past Phone Breakdown:

Samsung BlackJack 2 (ever reliable)
Samsung Mythic (Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy)
Samsung Captivate (problematic)
Samsung Infuse (Great day to day use phone, first since BlackJack 2 with no major issues)
Samsung SGS2 LTE Skyrocket (Pretty cool, drained a lot of battery.)
Samsung SGS3 (Got a free upgrade. No issues with it all. In my opinion, the first polished smartphone)

Current:
Samsung SGS4 Active

As you can tell, I am a Samsung phone guy.

jlmelancon
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Chrome was working perfectly for me while I had a rom with the first radio (UCLC4). Now that I've updated the radio from UCLC4 to UCLD2 no matter what rom I load I can't get Chrome to run. It shows the initial screen, vibrates, then about a minute later vibrates 3 times then force closes.

I'm not a developer so I can't say exactly what's going on, but from my perspective it seems to be the new radio.
HTC Fuze - my first introduction to flashing roms. Still have it, but no longer use.
HTC Incredible - running ICS-Deck, but no longer use.
Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket - stock rom, but it is rooted with CWM! Waiting on some ICS love.
Nook Color - CM7 and testing CM9

deezhemi
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmelancon View Post
Chrome was working perfectly for me while I had a rom with the first radio (UCLC4). Now that I've updated the radio from UCLC4 to UCLD2 no matter what rom I load I can't get Chrome to run. It shows the initial screen, vibrates, then about a minute later vibrates 3 times then force closes.

I'm not a developer so I can't say exactly what's going on, but from my perspective it seems to be the new radio.
Hrm, I've had Chrome working fine on both Sky ICE UCLD2 and NexusMod ICS Zero (also UCLD2 based). Did you update the ROM to one based on the newest ICS leak as well as the radio?

gravi2
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravi2 View Post
same issue. Chrome force closes. I have tried clearing the cache data and even reinstalled it couple of times.

I am on 4.0.3 , UCALC4 and sensation rom.

Just to be clear, it started giving me errors only after getting the latest chrome, no other change.

crispy1805
Old
(Last edited by crispy1805; 21st April 2012 at 02:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmelancon View Post

Mine does the same. I did upgrade the modem though. I'm using the newest ICS alien build.

Past Phone Breakdown:

Samsung Infuse (Great day to day use phone, first since BlackJack 2 with no major issues)
Samsung SGS3 (Got a free upgrade. No issues with it all. In my opinion, the first polished smartphone)

Current:
Samsung SGS4 Active

hexaemeron
Old
Thanks Meter 1
They definitely took a page from webOS for how the tabs work on the phone. I like it though!

crispy1805
Old
Thanks Meter 10
If anyone finds a fix to the force close problem, let me know. I have done everything I can think of, even Darkside's Superwipe.
Past Phone Breakdown:

Current:
Samsung SGS4 Active