[P6200/6210/T869] CyanogenMod 9 (DEFUNCT)

OP aorth

19th April 2012, 05:39 AM   |  #101  
Flag orlando
Thanks Meter: 6

53 posts
Donate to Me
More
keep it up!!!
Hey hey!!! I just wanted to say to the devs keep up the good work. My upgrade date for tmobile has finally arrived and I was considering getting this tab given its telephony option. Please keep up the awesome work yall!!!!!
20th April 2012, 04:54 AM   |  #102  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 15

295 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by perlmeister11

Please someone work on the T-869 for a CM9 port.....

+1
Please somone love us
20th April 2012, 06:18 AM   |  #103  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
More
the ICS UI looks great,i will sit here for your usable version of ROM.woo~
20th April 2012, 12:19 PM   |  #104  
Flag Catanzaro
Thanks Meter: 64

484 posts
More
Let's hope in some news :D

Sent from my Galaxy Note with DarkyROM 3.3
20th April 2012, 12:44 PM   |  #105  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nairobi, Kenya
Thanks Meter: 1,995

1,118 posts
More
locerra and I have been very busy this past week (mostly locerra).

A few kernel changes from a new source drop from the i815, new experiments with loading wifi modules from compat-wireless (no success yet), switching to open source sensor drivers (hopefully this will fix the autobrightness stuff), modifying our device trees to support kernel builds using the build system (no more pre-built kernel/ramdisk), etc.

My computer is compiling nonstop haaahaha. Stay tuned.
Last edited by aorth; 20th April 2012 at 01:05 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aorth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 02:11 PM   |  #106  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,018

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
also add to that a couple of changes from garyd's kernel (not oc/uv, but some of his fixes), and mostly failed attempts of fixing usb stuffs (such as mtp, adb settings, maybe mass storage for external sd card, etc)

we have made a bunch of progress, just not really progress that would be noticeable for the vast majority of users
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to locerra For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 09:41 PM   |  #107  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nairobi, Kenya
Thanks Meter: 1,995

1,118 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by locerra

we have made a bunch of progress, just not really progress that would be noticeable for the vast majority of users

Speak for yourself, I just got the Torch app working.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aorth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 05:54 AM   |  #108  
Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,989

1,968 posts
hrmm.. maybe I ought to spend some time bringing this over to the 6210. (which would only mean I have to change up the partition table and disable efs and any modem.)

Honestly, there's only one part I _really_ want to fight with: wifi. Why? to stick it to samsung.

Don't be surprised to see a fork from me.

Gary

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

umm.. this is a 2.6.36 kernel?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garyd9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 06:42 AM   |  #109  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,018

335 posts
Donate to Me
More
Gary, I would highly suggest you look at my github. I have a device tree for the p6210 that I try to keep up to date, but I'm already doing all the building for the p6800 and p6810 builds, so I don't really have spare cpu time to build for the p6210.

Also, I just managed to get wifi working -- a modification is needed to a CM repo. I haven't posted a changeset to review yet since I'm still tinkering with a value. Let me know if you need/want help. Aorth and I are on #teamhacksung most of the time, so you can aways get a hold of us there.

Edit:
And yes, it is the 2.6.36 kernel. We need to fix ics gadget support (I have a branch starting that), and probably other stuff. Our wifi module is compat-wireless-3.3-rc1-2 (same as the new touchpad module), plus sdio from the galaxys2 ics source drop. I would like to try to get the teamhacksung smdk4210 kernel working on our devices, but I haven't gotten around to making a uart cable to debug it.
Last edited by locerra; 22nd April 2012 at 06:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to locerra For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 07:04 AM   |  #110  
Recognized Developer
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,989

1,968 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by locerra

Our wifi module is compat-wireless-3.3-rc1-2 (same as the new touchpad module), plus sdio from the galaxys2 ics source drop.

You have wifi working (and working with wpa_supplicant) using that? I remember trying that a while ago (perhaps a different version, but using sdio from the 62x0 kernel) with no luck.

I have to be honest - I'm very seriously considering just patching the 62x0 kernel up to 3.0.26 and seeing how badly things break. It'd probably be best to do that with my recovery partition and "see what happens." I might also take the i9100 ICS kernel source and see what happens with that. Between the two approaches, I might even get a working kernel.

Sadly, I also don't have any UART cables or any other means to see whats going on if I can't get into a shell to see the kernel messages. That makes things more annoying when they don't work (but much more exciting when they do.)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, delectable zestiness!, gt-p6200, ics, tab 7 plus, vote aorth for recognized developer!
Previous Thread Next Thread